Author Topic: Doug Jones: ‘A Lot of People’ in AL Will Agree with My Vote to Convict  (Read 220 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ian Hanchett 5 Feb 2020

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s The Last Word, Sen. Doug Jones (D-AL) stated that voters in Alabama want someone who has sincerity and conscience — and while “a lot of people” will not agree with his decision to vote to convict President Trump, “a lot of people” will agree with the vote he cast.

Jones began by saying that his electoral prospects weren’t part of his calculus on how to vote.

He added, “people in Alabama want somebody who they believe is sincere. They’re not going to agree with everything I do. There’s a lot of people in the state that are not going to agree with this, but I’ve got to tell you, Lawrence, there’s going to be a lot of people that did. There’s a lot of people in the state of Alabama who are not happy with the way things are, and they’re not happy with this particular president.”

Jones further stated, “I think people are going to be looking at our votes as votes of conscience. You know, people in Alabama are people of faith. People of Alabama are people of conviction. And they like people that have a conscience, that do what they believe is the right thing, even if they don’t always agree with it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/02/05/doug-jones-a-lot-of-people-in-al-will-agree-with-my-vote-to-convict/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I predict that many more won't than will!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Maybe its true Alabama's Trump supporting majority will credit you for your vote, in spite of the man you presented yourself as the last time you ran, but they won't do it because you said so.

I suspect they aren't so easily led. Whats more, they will probably resent your trying.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 03:54:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Does Jones face Sessions next Nov?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Even in the most conservative states, at least 20% of the population is liberal, so I suppose that is a "lot of people".

But nowhere near a majority.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Jones, as he walks past a graveyard:   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: