Author Topic: Public School Faces Backlash For Enforcing ‘Islamic Dress Code’ During Field Trip To Mosque  (Read 611 times)

rangerrebew

Public School Faces Backlash For Enforcing ‘Islamic Dress Code’ During Field Trip To Mosque

(Opposing Views) – The administrators of a Colorado school district issued a dress code for female students ahead of a planned visit to a Denver mosque.

The field trip, organized for the students enrolled in a world religion class, is to be held on Tuesday, January 13.

Peter Boyles, a radio host at the local KNUS-AM radio station, stated that he had a copy of the notice that parents had received from the district officials regarding the field trip.

https://dailyheadlines.net/public-school-faces-backlash-for-enforcing-islamic-dress-code-during-field-trip-to-mosque/?utm_source=RR%20Indie%20Minute%20-email2%20&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:5138254&utm_campaign=2/6%20DH.NET%206am

rangerrebew

This is nearly as disgusting as women in the military having to wear a hijab off the base in the middle east.  I don't know if it's still true, but this comes close to matching it. :nono:

Offline thackney

Field Trip To Mosque

If you do not want to follow their dress requirements, do not go.

No different than taking off shoes for a Shinto Temple.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
thackney wrote:
"If you do not want to follow their dress requirements, do not go."

I'm wondering if the female students were given that "option".
I sense not. Or if they asked not to go, they were then "discouraged" for having done so.

Offline Applewood

Years ago, long before 9/11, my mother and I took a Mediterranean cruise which started in Istanbul, Turkey.  One of the sightseeing trips involved a tour of the former St. Sofia Greek Orthodox Church which, during the days of the Ottoman Empire, had been taken over by the Muslims and later became a museum.  We ladies were advised to not wear sleeveless shirts and to take off our shoes before entering, but we were not required to cover our heads.  My mother grumbled at taking off her shoes, but I said, we are guests in a strange land and in a strange culture and as good guests, we should as much as possible adhere to our hosts' customs, traditions and rules.  I compared it to the days when the Catholic Church required women to cover their heads.  A female visitor to a Catholic Church back then would be expected to cover her head.  Why should we not follow the customs of another faith when we visit that house of worship?

By the way -- dang shame the radical Muslims have made touring Istanbul and other parts of Turkey dangerous or I would highly recommend visiting St. Sofia.  it's an architectural and engineering marvel.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Or wearing a Yarmulke in a Synagogue.  The "outrage" is misplaced.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online berdie

That's pretty much how I feel.  If the girls were forced to go, I could change my mind.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Public School Faces Backlash For Enforcing ‘Islamic Dress Code’ During Field Trip To Mosque

Good thing Little Catfish wasn't forced to go to a Mosque as a Field Trip. He'd be sprinking Bacon Bits along the way.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

A lot of things to be outraged about with regards to Islam, but in this case, "When in Rome...."

Offline thackney

That's pretty much how I feel.  If the girls were forced to go, I could change my mind.

I havr a hard time imaging being forced to go.  But is they were, I suspect many sudden cases of possible flu.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@thackney

I agree,but the bigger question is "WTH would they be taken to a Mosque to star with? WTH is wrong with those people?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Yes,but Judaism is an actual religion,not a murderous cult.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!