Author Topic: Pelosi, Schumer praise Romney after impeachment vote  (Read 295 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi, Schumer praise Romney after impeachment vote
« on: February 06, 2020, 01:25:49 am »
Pelosi, Schumer praise Romney after impeachment vote
By J. Edward Moreno - 02/05/20 07:15 PM EST

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) praised Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) for being the only Republican to vote to convict President Trump on an article of impeachment.

Romney, the GOP's 2012 nominee for president, voted to convict Trump on abuse of power. He did not vote to convict on the second article of obstruction of Congress.

"I do want to salute Mitt Romney,” Schumer told reporters after the vote on Wednesday. “The pressure on every Republican was enormous. ... The fact that this is bipartisan holds up a beacon to what was right and what was wrong.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481749-pelosi-and-schumer-praise-romney-after-impeachment-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Pelosi, Schumer praise Romney after impeachment vote
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 01:30:39 am »
Of course, Romney is now their "Golden Boy" -- he must be so proud. I think it is highly likely there's more to his 'guilty' vote than meets the eye.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 01:33:01 am »
Meanwhile this is the same Romeny that the left called a Nazi, elitist, homophobe, animal abuser, racist.  Now they love him.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 04:11:48 am »
Willard is clone of his old man; another dishonorable and unprincipled political hustler.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 04:41:51 am »
Of course, Romney is now their "Golden Boy" -- he must be so proud. I think it is highly likely there's more to his 'guilty' vote than meets the eye.

Poor idiot thought he could split the baby on this vote, gain rat media plaudits but still save his credibility with the GOP.

Never had much respect for the louse but I thought he was brighter than that.