Author Topic: Utah's other Republican senator distances himself from Romney  (Read 282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Utah's other Republican senator distances himself from Romney
« on: February 06, 2020, 01:22:38 am »
Utah's other Republican senator distances himself from Romney
By Alexander Bolton - 02/05/20 07:22 PM EST

Utah Sen. Mike Lee (R) distanced himself from home-state colleague Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) Wednesday evening, tweeting “those who voted to remove” President Trump from office were “very wrong.”

Lee posted his tweet a few hours after Romney rocked Capitol Hill with a Senate floor speech in which he accused the president of “an appalling abuse of the public trust” and “a flagrant assault on our electoral rights.”

Romney voted to remove Trump from office by supporting Article I, charging Trump with abuse of power. He and all other Senate Republicans voted to dismiss Article II, alleging obstruction of Congress.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481750-utah-republican-senator-distances-himself-from-romney
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Utah's other Republican senator distances himself from Romney
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 06:36:01 am »
Speaking only for myself I watched Romney explain his vote and he looked courageous and Presidential.  I really appreciated him not lying to me. 

Offline dancer

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:18:24 am »
Speaking only for myself I watched Romney explain his vote and he looked courageous and Presidential.  I really appreciated him not lying to me.
There is that, but I fault him on the facts.  What abuse of power?  Name one.  He can't.  He tries but facts prove him wrong.  Even the Democrats can't seem to name any instances of abuse of power or crimes.  Yet they state the charge as tho that in itself is enough to convict.  I need facts.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:22:22 pm »
There is that, but I fault him on the facts.  What abuse of power?  Name one.  He can't.  He tries but facts prove him wrong.  Even the Democrats can't seem to name any instances of abuse of power or crimes.  Yet they state the charge as tho that in itself is enough to convict.  I need facts.
I agree.
But then let's remember, that no one has clearly defined "abuse" in this instance.

If calling for the investigation of corruption of Democrats and their kin from previous administrations is "abuse" (a word democrats seem to abuse regularly), then it may be that they see the duties of his office, actually being performed as abusive.

If we look at some of the things they see as 'abusive', we can start with the use of factual information to enforce the law, which seems to be the combination of number one and two on their list, especially if they aren't the ones doing it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 01:32:39 pm »

You forgot this:

:sarc:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: