Author Topic: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote  (Read 302 times)

rangerrebew

‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote

Cameron Cawthorne - January 30, 2020 12:15 PM

Sen. Susan Collins (R., Maine) has been receiving profanity-laced voicemails ahead of the Senate vote to determine whether witnesses will testify in President Donald Trump's impeachment trial. This week, Collins's office released several of the voicemails to the media.

"You're a disgrace! A disgrace to this country. Not just to the Senate, but to your country. You're a traitor. You're a f—ing traitor," one man said.

"You're going to lose, Susan Collins. You're going to lose. You're just a little b—h for Donald Trump," a woman said.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/traitor-sen-collins-releases-abusive-voicemails-ahead-of-impeachment-vote/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Frankly, if the majority of the people in a district I represented acted that way, I would not want to represent them. If defeated, I'd move... (and shake the dust off my feet!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Frankly, if the majority of the people in a district I represented acted that way, I would not want to represent them.

@Smokin Joe

I would,and I would work hard every day and in every way to screw them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Keep in mind that progressivism is about having childlike viewpoints and having temper tantrum‘s when you don’t get your way. If my congress critter didn’t vote on some piece of legislation the way I thought it should go, I may make a phone call or send a letter. But I still would be courteous
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I didn't realize Alec Baldwin even lived in Maine?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I would,and I would work hard every day and in every way to screw them.
Gee whiz, @sneakypete , they already do that. They're congresscritters.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

Why is anyone surprised by either Collins voting record or her political attitudes?
Maine was/is bedrock New England and its politics has been progressive left, since Lincoln.
Collins only interest is in keeping her job, period; just like the rest of them.
This dozen lefties wouldn't know a conservative principle from a Labrador Retriever.

Offline Smokin Joe

Why is anyone surprised by either Collins voting record or her political attitudes?
Maine was/is bedrock New England and its politics has been progressive left, since Lincoln.
Collins only interest is in keeping her job, period; just like the rest of them.
This dozen lefties wouldn't know a conservative principle from a Labrador Retriever.
Oh, I dunno. Labs have webbed toes.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I didn't realize Alec Baldwin even lived in Maine?

Top notch.   :laugh: