Author Topic: Live Thread: Impeachment Acquital  (Read 7935 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Live Thread: Impeachment Acquital
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2020, 08:05:18 pm »

I don't know. I hope we can still work within the system. It's a good system that has led to the success of our country.

But the acrimony is a little unsettling. I fear there is no return at this point.

It is up to the rat party to beat back its leftwing crazies. If they do not and soon there will be no going back.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2020, 08:20:49 pm »
Of course her intentions are honorable.

Her intentions may be honorable, but her actions are not.

Character first and always. Because character will always out.

The foundation of character is 'truth' - truth to ourselves.  The moment we are willing to abandon that truth in order to get our way, our character suffers.  The ends do not justify the means, ever.  This is one of the principle tenets that separate Conservatives from liberals.

The issue here is that Chosen Daughter is employing premises she knows to be false and injecting non-rational persuasion on matters she knows to have no relevance to this impeachment.  And this is the crux of my criticism of her posts here on this thread.  Chosen Daughter and I have been on the same side a vast majority of the time.  We are both critical of Trump in matters of character, liberal positions, and past and current alliances.  And our positions were always based in truth.  Yet on this thread, there has been an abandonment of that principle.

Take Paul Manafort for example.  Both of us have deeply criticized Manafort's past, his criminal behavior, and Trump's decision to pick from the Swamp to bring him on board for his campaign.  But when it comes to this impeachment, Manafort is a non-issue.  He has no bearing on this case and should not be used as a reason for the House Articles to be a basis for removing the President from office.

And then there's Biden.  His actions in Ukraine are indelibly corrupt.  Under his direction, taxpayer dollars were laundered through Ukraine directly into his son's bank account.  So to argue that Biden's actions in firing Shokin were an act of moral purity - well, that just flies into the face of truth.

I respect Chosen Daughter's position on Trump, as I do Once-lers.  Not any room with either for reflection or forgiveness, but that is their call, not mine.  But I will not tolerate untruths from anyone, especially myself.  There have been plenty of times I have posted statements of events that turned out not to be true.  And each time, I made it a point to correct my mistake and reassess my opinion on the matter.  Sort of like continuing to take personal inventory and promptly admitting when I am wrong.  It's something that I strive for.  Not always successful (or even aware), but it is how I have chosen to live nonetheless.

So when I see someone else make that mistake, I try to point it out to them to allow them the opportunity to correct it and reassess their position.  With humility comes grace.  In abundance.  It is how character is built.  And it is how we learn to accept someone who we find unacceptable.

You won't find me piling on calling her a shill for the DNC.  But I do recognize DNC talking points when I hear them.  And I find it troubling to hear someone here recite them in order to justify their dislike for Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2020, 08:27:26 pm »
And unlike most of you I can't ignore the lies.  You all want to pretend that Trump had nothing to do with his own "witch hunt".  He didn't choose his Russian Oligarch  Manafort by mistake.

What does Paul Manafort have to do with the impeachment articles?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2020, 08:34:05 pm »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #354 on: February 09, 2020, 08:42:51 pm »

As long as he “feels” safe from the world in his mountain bunker, the rest of us can go to to H, E, double hockey sticks.

« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2020, 08:56:14 pm »
As long as he “feels” safe from the world in his mountain bunker, the rest of us can go to to H, E, double hockey sticks.

Yup!  @aligncare    :thumbsup:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2020, 11:00:27 pm »

The foundation of character is 'truth' - truth to ourselves.  The moment we are willing to abandon that truth in order to get our way, our character suffers.  The ends do not justify the means, ever.  This is one of the principle tenets that separate Conservatives from liberals.

The issue here is that Chosen Daughter is employing premises she knows to be false and injecting non-rational persuasion on matters she knows to have no relevance to this impeachment.  And this is the crux of my criticism of her posts here on this thread.  Chosen Daughter and I have been on the same side a vast majority of the time.  We are both critical of Trump in matters of character, liberal positions, and past and current alliances.  And our positions were always based in truth.  Yet on this thread, there has been an abandonment of that principle.

Take Paul Manafort for example.  Both of us have deeply criticized Manafort's past, his criminal behavior, and Trump's decision to pick from the Swamp to bring him on board for his campaign.  But when it comes to this impeachment, Manafort is a non-issue.  He has no bearing on this case and should not be used as a reason for the House Articles to be a basis for removing the President from office.

And then there's Biden.  His actions in Ukraine are indelibly corrupt.  Under his direction, taxpayer dollars were laundered through Ukraine directly into his son's bank account.  So to argue that Biden's actions in firing Shokin were an act of moral purity - well, that just flies into the face of truth.

I respect Chosen Daughter's position on Trump, as I do Once-lers.  Not any room with either for reflection or forgiveness, but that is their call, not mine.  But I will not tolerate untruths from anyone, especially myself.  There have been plenty of times I have posted statements of events that turned out not to be true.  And each time, I made it a point to correct my mistake and reassess my opinion on the matter.  Sort of like continuing to take personal inventory and promptly admitting when I am wrong.  It's something that I strive for.  Not always successful (or even aware), but it is how I have chosen to live nonetheless.

So when I see someone else make that mistake, I try to point it out to them to allow them the opportunity to correct it and reassess their position.  With humility comes grace.  In abundance.  It is how character is built.  And it is how we learn to accept someone who we find unacceptable.

You won't find me piling on calling her a shill for the DNC.  But I do recognize DNC talking points when I hear them.  And I find it troubling to hear someone here recite them in order to justify their dislike for Donald Trump.

I really think that what you posted here, you believe is true.  I appreciate the kind words.  I am always open to constructive criticism.  But I did not post Democratic talking points.  I posted what I believe is true also.  I am not upset with any of the posting people did about me.  Because I expect it.  Truth is that Trump has known Manafort for years. He hired him, and then complains that liberals who also know who he is used it against him.  So he sends Giuliani to dig dirt with the help of criminals Parnas and Fruman.  I didn't post it because I thought it was false.  If I thought it was false I wouldn't have posted it.

I think that Hunter Biden was involved in corruption. But Trump chose Rudy Giuliani and his band of criminals to dig dirt on other criminals.  Because they are all criminals.  I think that Trump could have investigated Biden's and done it through the Justice Department instead of asking the Ukraine which everyone knows is full of corruption.  Rudy's friends are too.  So one thing leads to another.

I am not sorry for posting the information, nor do I believe that it is false.  I am feeling sorry that members of this community couldn't even stick up for Susan Collins after she voted to acquit and now is receiving death threats.  Its all about poor Trump.

Mueller Report:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/full-text-mueller-reports-executive-summaries

I am so tired of being call a liberal.  Trump deserves every bit of criticism I have given.  I do not take any of it back. 

You ask what Manafort had to do with the impeachment.  It was Giuliani who was going to investigate after the Mueller report that led to the Biden thing.  Unfortunately he used Parnas and Fugman to dig dirt.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:03:01 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2020, 12:17:00 am »
Truth is that Trump has known Manafort for years. He hired him .  .  .

Trump fired Manafort 1,070 days BEFORE his phone call with Zelinskyy.  Still not seeing how Manafort has anything to do with the impeachment.

.  .  .  and then complains that liberals who also know who he is used it against him.

Used what against him?  Please be specific.

So he sends Giuliani to dig dirt with the help of criminals Parnas and Fruman.  I didn't post it because I thought it was false.  If I thought it was false I wouldn't have posted it.

Giuliani's trip to Ukraine occurred 134 days AFTER the Zelenskyy phone call.  And the only ones here who are seeking help from the criminal Parnas are the Democrats.

As for digging up dirt on Hunter Biden, his expeditions into corruption had been ongoing for two decades.  Here's a piece written by Michele Malkin back in 2014:

The Hunter Biden Chronicles

The Democrat corruption in Ukraine goes well beyond Biden.  If you watch the Glen Beck video, you will see it.  A huge indicator here is that Yovanovitch perjured herself under oath before the House Intelligence Committee.  Here is a person directly involved with carrying out Biden's orders regarding huge influxes of US taxpayer cash, not just into Ukraine, but directly into the hands of the oligarch who was paying Hunter Biden.  This is nothing less than straightforward embezzlement of US funds by the Vice President.

Trump could have investigated Biden's and done it through the Justice Department instead of asking the Ukraine which everyone knows is full of corruption.

You mean the same Justice Department that wiretapped his Presidential Campaign?  The Justice Department that openly tried to sway a Presidential election?  The same Justice Department that secured FISA warrants based on bogus information they knew not to be true?  The same Justice Department that coordinated with the Clinton campaign, and then later tried to nullify the results?  That Justice Department?

I am not sorry for posting the information, nor do I believe that it is false.

Again, you brought up Manafort.  And again I ask you what Manafort had to do with this impeachment?  And how can you defend Joe Biden getting Shokin fired and being replaced with another corrupt prosecutor who would protect his son?

I am feeling sorry that members of this community couldn't even stick up for Susan Collins after she voted to acquit and now is receiving death threats.  Its all about poor Trump.

I applaud Collins.  And I believe others here do as well.  She rides the fence.  But she also knows the one side where death threats come from.

Mueller Report:

What does the Mueller Report have to do with Trump's impeachment?  There was no mention of it in the impeachment articles, nor was any testimony offered that referenced it.

Mueller Report:

You ask what Manafort had to do with the impeachment.  It was Giuliani who was going to investigate after the Mueller report that led to the Biden thing.

Which had absolutely positively NOTHING to do with the impeachment.  Giuliani planned to travel to Kiev in March 2019 which was roughly 133 weeks after Manafort was fired.  It was also after Mueller stated unequivocally that Manafort's testimony could not be trusted.  And the Mueller report did not lead to the Biden thing since his dealings with Burisma were public knowledge.  He joined the Burisma board shortly after being kicked out of the Navy for cocaine usage.  Once on the board, he reaped the benefits of a money laundering scheme by the Obama Administration which cost US taxpayers $7.5 billion.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #358 on: February 10, 2020, 01:12:33 am »
Trump fired Manafort 1,070 days BEFORE his phone call with Zelinskyy.  Still not seeing how Manafort has anything to do with the impeachment.

Used what against him?  Please be specific.

I was already specific.  I am not going to post the information again.  But Manafort ran with Democrats as well as Trump. He knew him since early 1980's, and had worked with other campaigns.  But it didn't end when Manafort was fired.  Giuliani continued to pursue Manafort and some black ledger.

Giuliani's trip to Ukraine occurred 134 days AFTER the Zelenskyy phone call.  And the only ones here who are seeking help from the criminal Parnas are the Democrats.

That isn't true.  I guess if that is what you want to believe.  Even though Trump denied he knew him, he did.  It was anger over the "witch hunt" which led to Giuliani and his criminal friends to dig up the dirt on Hunter Biden.

As for digging up dirt on Hunter Biden, his expeditions into corruption had been ongoing for two decades.  Here's a piece written by Michele Malkin back in 2014:

The Hunter Biden Chronicles

Oh, no doubt that Hunter Biden and creepy Joe were involved in corruption.  Once again the way to investigate is Department of Justice, not Rudy Giuliani and his criminal friends.

The Democrat corruption in Ukraine goes well beyond Biden.  If you watch the Glen Beck video, you will see it.  A huge indicator here is that Yovanovitch perjured herself under oath before the House Intelligence Committee.  Here is a person directly involved with carrying out Biden's orders regarding huge influxes of US taxpayer cash, not just into Ukraine, but directly into the hands of the oligarch who was paying Hunter Biden.  This is nothing less than straightforward embezzlement of US funds by the Vice President.

Which should be investigated.  Proper channels that would not have led to impeachment proceedings 

You mean the same Justice Department that wiretapped his Presidential Campaign?  The Justice Department that openly tried to sway a Presidential election?  The same Justice Department that secured FISA warrants based on bogus information they knew not to be true?  The same Justice Department that coordinated with the Clinton campaign, and then later tried to nullify the results?  That Justice Department?

Mueller report did not exonerate Trump.  Didn't find him guilty but didn't exonerate him either.  This is where we really do differ.  I believe that Putin did work with Trump to get him elected.  He never got the exoneration that he wanted.  And the "witch hunt' worked for him at his rallies.  He is very good at the poor me, and you must defend me.  Yep they spied on him.  But he did have ties and was meeting with the Russians.

Which had absolutely positively NOTHING to do with the impeachment.  Giuliani planned to travel to Kiev in March 2019 which was roughly 133 weeks after Manafort was fired.  It was also after Mueller stated unequivocally that Manafort's testimony could not be trusted.  And the Mueller report did not lead to the Biden thing since his dealings with Burisma were public knowledge.  He joined the Burisma board shortly after being kicked out of the Navy for cocaine usage.  Once on the board, he reaped the benefits of a money laundering scheme by the Obama Administration which cost US taxpayers $7.5 billion.

I hope Trump could go through the proper channels to prosecute the Biden's for their crimes.  It would have never happened through Rudy Giuliani.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #359 on: February 10, 2020, 02:16:07 am »
Quote from: Hoodat

That isn't true.

Which part?  The Giuliani trip, or the part about Democrats wanting Parnas to testify in order to remove Trump from office?

Quote from: Hoodat
This is nothing less than straightforward embezzlement of US funds by the Vice President.

Which should be investigated.

By whom?  Our corrupt Justice Department?  Or maybe by Adam Schiff who was already in bed with Russian businessman Igor Pasternak and who was already collaborating with Ukrainians to dig up dirt on Trump to use against him in the 2020 election.

Proper channels that would not have led to impeachment proceedings

Impeachment was inevitable.  Proper channels were discarded by the Democrats a very long time ago.  Because proper channels would have led to the arrest of Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Adam Schiff, Marie Yovanovitch, James Comey, John Brennan, etc.  You are being intentionally naive to suggest that the same Justice Department who illegally wiretapped the Trump Campaign could be trusted to open an investigation against the very people who committed these crimes.

Mueller report did not exonerate Trump.  Didn't find him guilty but didn't exonerate him either.  This is where we really do differ.

Uh, no.  The Mueller report has no bearing on any of this.  It is completely irrelevant to the impeachment.  Where we differ is that you keep bringing it up as a diversion for your unwillingness to admit your complete lack of veracity regarding your claims, while I continue to point out the irrelevance of it in regards to the impeachment.  Trump wasn't impeached for the Mueller Report.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:17:17 am by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2020, 04:48:35 am »
That isn't true.

Which part?  The Giuliani trip, or the part about Democrats wanting Parnas to testify in order to remove Trump from office?

Which should be investigated.

By whom?  Our corrupt Justice Department?  Or maybe by Adam Schiff who was already in bed with Russian businessman Igor Pasternak and who was already collaborating with Ukrainians to dig up dirt on Trump to use against him in the 2020 election.

Impeachment was inevitable.  Proper channels were discarded by the Democrats a very long time ago.  Because proper channels would have led to the arrest of Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Adam Schiff, Marie Yovanovitch, James Comey, John Brennan, etc.  You are being intentionally naive to suggest that the same Justice Department who illegally wiretapped the Trump Campaign could be trusted to open an investigation against the very people who committed these crimes.

Uh, no.  The Mueller report has no bearing on any of this.  It is completely irrelevant to the impeachment.  Where we differ is that you keep bringing it up as a diversion for your unwillingness to admit your complete lack of veracity regarding your claims, while I continue to point out the irrelevance of it in regards to the impeachment.  Trump wasn't impeached for the Mueller Report.

I am not going to address this line by line.  Perhaps we cannot agree.  Just like Manafort was known in Democratic circles he also landed on the Trump campaign.  Not as an accident, but because Trump had known him for years.  Democrats knew him too, and they knew also who he was connected to, which was people within the Russian government.  As I said Rudy didn't stop visiting Manafort when he was fired.  He continued to pursue him even in prison. 

If Trump couldn't trust his own AG and Justice Department to investigate Hunter Biden then he shouldn't have.  Because the people who Giuliani is getting his information from is the corrupt Ukrainian AG, Parnas, Fruman and Manafort.  All with ties to Russia.  And perhaps this article can put this whole discussion to bed. 

Graham says new DOJ "process" will let Giuliani provide info on the Bidens

See article on: www.cbsnews.com Melissa Quinn 9 hrs ago

Washington — Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the Justice Department has created a process through which Rudy Giuliani, President Trump's personal attorney, can submit information he collected in Ukraine to be vetted.

"The Department of Justice is receiving information coming out of the Ukraine from Rudy," Graham, of South Carolina, said on "Face the Nation." "[Attorney General Bill Barr] told me that they have created a process that Rudy could give information and they would see if it's verified."

Graham, a key ally of the president's, said he spoke with Barr on Sunday morning, as well as Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican. He said they urged him to "take very cautiously" information from Ukraine against Republicans and Democrats.

"If Rudy Giuliani has any information coming out of the Ukraine, he needs to turn it over to the Department of Justice because it could be Russian propaganda," Graham said, making a stern plea for Giuliani and all U.S. politicians to be wary of that information because it "may be backed by Russian misinformation."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/graham-says-new-doj-process-will-let-giuliani-provide-info-on-the-bidens/ar-BBZOHFX?ocid=spartanntp

Because you don't ask foreign governments to investigate.  You have to make sure that the information you are getting is true, and not just Russian propaganda.  It was absolutely wrong for Trump to ask Ukraine and the former Ukrainian AG was corrupt.  This isn't something you ask your personal lawyer to do on his own.  Stupid.  And even now with this "new" process it doesn't seem right.  Giuliani was working with Parnas and Fruman and the fired Ukrainian AG.  If they want to investigate they should do it through their own DOJ investigation using witnesses that aren't Rudy's shady criminal friends.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2020, 05:53:20 am »

I don't think that's right.

That's right. But one has to allow for a difference in how the evidence is weighted. Not in determining truth, which inevitably cuts through interpretation, but where opinion intersects the interpretation of that evidence. Good people can differ, as it were.

The issue here is that Chosen Daughter is employing premises she knows to be false and injecting non-rational persuasion on matters she knows to have no relevance to this impeachment.  And this is the crux of my criticism of her posts here on this thread.

Mind reading, I think. No offense meant.

Chosen Daughter and I have been on the same side a vast majority of the time.  We are both critical of Trump in matters of character, liberal positions, and past and current alliances.  And our positions were always based in truth.  Yet on this thread, there has been an abandonment of that principle.

That infers intent that may well not be there. Knowing @Chosen Daughter as I do, I would say the benefit of that doubt should go to her. I have never known Chosen to abandon principle any more than I have known you to.

Birds of a feather, and all that... I agree with Chosen on that in spirit anyway. I don't think the evidence exists to warrent impeachment, but I think she's right otherwise...

To be fair, I can't offer an opinion one way or the other on that. Too much he-said-she-said to figure it out for sure.  I think Biden is in it up to his lips, as are others. But then I think Tump is in it up to his lips too, one way or another, and figuring which mafia boss to favor when relying on corrupt LEOs for evidence is more sh*t that I want to ingest. I say they're all bastards and we'd be best to be rid of all of em.  :whistle:

But that requires evidence or the will of the people to throw the bastards out, either of which is in short supply.

I respect Chosen Daughter's position on Trump, as I do Once-lers.  Not any room with either for reflection or forgiveness, but that is their call, not mine. 

The thing I value most in both Chosen and @Once-Ler is that both are willing to investigate dem charges with an open mind. I would include you in that set too. I think that's dang healthy, rather than just running to Brightfart for talking points. Reminds me of FR in the old days.

But I will not tolerate untruths from anyone, especially myself.  There have been plenty of times I have posted statements of events that turned out not to be true.  And each time, I made it a point to correct my mistake and reassess my opinion on the matter.  Sort of like continuing to take personal inventory and promptly admitting when I am wrong.  It's something that I strive for.  Not always successful (or even aware), but it is how I have chosen to live nonetheless.

That's right. Steel sharpens steel.

I think those Dem talking points need to be raised and tested. After all, it is the opposition that will dig and accuse. Tump fans sure as hell won't.

But credit is due you too in not calling her a shill because of it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2020, 06:43:54 am »

If that were true, then logic would dictate a bunker of your own. But it isn't true.

The reason I AM safe from the world is foremost because my destiny lies beyond it. In that, fear does not guide me.

And secondly, I have spent my life heeding ancient truth - Principle things, to the degree I can find them out.

It makes no sense at all to live contrary to those truths, or to support those who preach other than those truths, because history attests to the doom that path brings. Over and over again.

So truth runs opposite to the world - contrary to popularity. In the end, that is why I am in my
'mountain bunker', placed here by my father's hand so long ago. He too sought principle things and recognized the paucity of modern life, opting to get his family out of its way... In that, my 'mountain bunker' is an effect rather than the cause.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2020, 03:37:28 pm »
@Hoodat

I am not posting stuff that I know is not true.  The reason that Manafort matters is that he is Russia's guy.  He is also Democrats guy.  This guy has been involved with all of them.  And as much as Trump wanted us to think that it was a "witch hunt".  It was probably more like jealousy.  Would they have spied on him had it not been for Manafort?  No because Hillary probably just wanted him to work for her instead and she was well aware that he was Russia connected.  Well aware of what Manafort was doing for Trump.

And the reason that it didn't stop there is that Giuliani continued to use Russia with his visits to prison to see Manafort.  Trying to get some black ledger.  His Russian criminal friends parnas and Fruman also connected to Russia.  And it isn't any wonder that Lindsey Graham is out there saying that they are providing a way for information that Giuliani has.  That it has to be vetted because it could be Russian propaganda.

Russia has had their heads so far up the butts of American politicians and it really exploded with Trumps campaign and presidency.  And Trump is the one that is not truthful.  Not me.  Manafort matters because Rudy "investigating" has been his attempt to turn the tables away from Trump and his ties to Russia.  And he used his criminal friends to do it. 

It is true that all these people have been found guilty and are going to prison or are there already.  The ends do not justify the means.  Trump has been very successful in his lies that this was a "witch hunt".  Well perhaps it was in his own eyes.  Maybe he didn't see anything wrong with it because it is the norm.  And Manafort has been everyone's man, and everyone's Russian friend.

You don't think I have struggled with why I don't support Trump?  I recognize his accomplishments.  Jobs, and efforts to reduce illegal immigration.  To change social benefits policy that attract illegal immigration or dependency on the state.  I do appreciate those.  But Trump is a liar who will do anything and use anyone including criminals and foreign governments (Russia) to hold onto his power.  Power should not be in the Russian government. 

The Mueller report is also important because he downplayed his own part in it.  He wasn't exonerated and it isn't over.  Giuliani is still going to criminals to dig his dirt.  And soon, hopefully he will be exposed for who he is also.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2020, 03:43:59 pm »
If that were true, then logic would dictate a bunker of your own. But it isn't true.

The reason I AM safe from the world is foremost because my destiny lies beyond it. In that, fear does not guide me.

And secondly, I have spent my life heeding ancient truth - Principle things, to the degree I can find them out.

It makes no sense at all to live contrary to those truths, or to support those who preach other than those truths, because history attests to the doom that path brings. Over and over again.

So truth runs opposite to the world - contrary to popularity. In the end, that is why I am in my
'mountain bunker', placed here by my father's hand so long ago. He too sought principle things and recognized the paucity of modern life, opting to get his family out of its way... In that, my 'mountain bunker' is an effect rather than the cause.

888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2020, 04:14:05 pm »

So truth runs opposite to the world - contrary to popularity. In the end, that is why I am in my 'mountain bunker', placed here by my father's hand so long ago. He too sought principle things and recognized the paucity of modern life, opting to get his family out of its way... In that, my 'mountain bunker' is an effect rather than the cause.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2020, 04:18:09 pm »

ROFL!    He sure laid it on thick, didn't he?     :laugh:

....God luv 'em.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2020, 04:21:00 pm »
ROFL!    He sure laid it on thick, didn't he?     :laugh:

....God luv 'em.

The post should come with a pair of hip boots.   88devil

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »
The post should come with a pair of hip boots.   88devil

@Right_in_Virginia

Well,this IS America,and he IS free to believe anything he wants to believe as long as it causes no actual harm to anyone else,and I have no doubt at all that he really and truly believes it.

The meme (right word?) IS spot-on,though! All it needs is a You Tube video of a "superiority dance" to go with it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2020, 05:05:32 pm »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2020, 05:06:48 pm »
Good Lord...I will never understand why y’all get your knickers in such a twist over someone ON YOUR SIDE who holds a different opinion.  Every single post simply must be answered by the Squad of the True Believers TM.  It’s mind boggling.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2020, 05:09:20 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Well,this IS America,and he IS free to believe anything he wants to believe as long as it causes no actual harm to anyone else,and I have no doubt at all that he really and truly believes it.

The meme (right word?) IS spot-on,though! All it needs is a You Tube video of a "superiority dance" to go with it.

Bullcrap. I ain't superior to anybody @sneakypete . Had you any inking of the principles of social conservatism, you'd know that outright.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2020, 05:13:22 pm »
Good Lord...I will never understand why y’all get your knickers in such a twist over someone ON YOUR SIDE who holds a different opinion.  Every single post simply must be answered by the Squad of the True Believers TM.  It’s mind boggling.

@Axeslinger difference of thought will not be tolerated.  There is only one correct way to think.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2020, 05:23:35 pm »
Bullcrap. I ain't superior to anybody @sneakypete . Had you any inking of the principles of social conservatism, you'd know that outright.

@roamer_1

THE IRONY! ROFLMAO!