Author Topic: Live Thread: Impeachment Acquital  (Read 7841 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Live Thread: Impeachment Acquital
« on: February 05, 2020, 02:56:04 pm »
Final speeches in President Trump's Senate impeachment trial are expected to begin around 9:30 a.m. EST on Wednesday, culminating with a vote on whether to convict or acquit the president at 4 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Live Thread: Impeachment Acquital
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 03:17:11 pm »
Where are all the "bombshells" I was warned about after McConnell's "horrible blunder" delaying the vote 5 days?

It looks to me like he has a better shot at party unity now than if he'd pushed for a vote late Friday.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 03:25:35 pm »
Where are all the "bombshells" I was warned about after McConnell's "horrible blunder" delaying the vote 5 days?

It looks to me like he has a better shot at party unity now than if he'd pushed for a vote late Friday.

Yup.  All the people tearing Mutch apart, convinced he was in cahoots with the Dems...it was unfair.

He handled this entire thing magnificently given how slim his margin was, and the GOP Senators who don't like Trump.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 03:44:49 pm »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 03:47:04 pm »
Yup.  All the people tearing Mutch apart, convinced he was in cahoots with the Dems...it was unfair.

He handled this entire thing magnificently given how slim his margin was, and the GOP Senators who don't like Trump.

Perhaps I was unfair to judge Mitch -- but the day isn't over yet -- and there are hours before the actual vote to acquit. 

I am hopeful, but I still do not trust the man -- when push has come to shove he has notoriously sided with the DEMS.  He has changed his tune to a degree -- not because he has become less liberal, but because of the popularity of Trump with the American people -- just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 03:56:51 pm »
Perhaps I was unfair to judge Mitch -- but the day isn't over yet -- and there are hours before the actual vote to acquit. 

I am hopeful, but I still do not trust the man -- when push has come to shove he has notoriously sided with the DEMS.  He has changed his tune to a degree -- not because he has become less liberal, but because of the popularity of Trump with the American people -- just my opinion.

Interesting - what are you afraid he'll do at this point?
---

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 04:02:40 pm »
This should limit what they can do Today:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 04:14:01 pm »
Mitch was very wary of Trump when he first got in office.  But he has come around big-time.  I remember this:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Friday that the last 18 months under President Trump has been the most productive time for the conservative movement in his 34 years in the Senate.

"I'm now in the 34th year in the Senate, hard to believe," McConnell said Friday morning at the Values Voter Summit in Washington. "This has been, if you want America to be a right of center nation, this last year-and-a-half has been the best year-and-a-half in my time in the Senate."

"And, the reason you should know that, is look how angry the Left is. The angrier they get, the better we are doing."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/mcconnell-last-18-months-under-trump-have-been-my-best-time-in-the-senate

You can't really get much higher praise than that.  It was McConnell telling his fellow Republicans/conservatives that they should be looking at results, and not getting all wrapped up in the rhetoric.

McConnell is the hammer that has enabled Trump to accomplish so much.  What he has done in terms of ramming through conservative judges in particular is unprecedented, on multiple levels.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:31:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 04:50:18 pm »
Doug Jones says he will vote to convict Trump
By Jordain Carney - 02/05/20 11:01 AM EST

Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.), viewed as the most vulnerable Senate Democrat running in November, said on Wednesday that he will vote to convict President Trump on both articles of impeachment.

"After many sleepless nights, I have reluctantly concluded that the evidence is sufficient to convict the President for both abuse of power and obstruction of Congress," he said in a statement.

Jones's announcement comes hours before the Senate's votes on the two House-passed articles of impeachment: abuse of power over the delayed Ukraine aid and obstructing Congress's investigations into those actions.
Jones has insisted for weeks that he is undecided on how he would vote, telling reporters on Monday that he was "getting there" but still wanted to review notes and talk to colleagues.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481610-doug-jones-says-he-will-vote-to-convict-trump
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 04:54:26 pm »
Mildly surprising - I'm certain he was committed on abuse but this makes me think they have every dem on obstruction too. He probably figures his reelection odds are already in the toilet so nothing to lose.
---

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 04:55:06 pm »
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 04:57:48 pm »

Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.), viewed as the most vulnerable Senate Democrat running in November, said on Wednesday that he will vote to convict President Trump on both articles of impeachment.

"After many sleepless nights, I have reluctantly concluded that the evidence is sufficient to convict the President for both abuse of power and obstruction of Congress," he said in a statement.

Doug Jones' election chances have just shifted from 'slim' to 'none'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 05:26:50 pm »
Mitch was very wary of Trump when he first got in office.  But he has come around big-time.  I remember this:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Friday that the last 18 months under President Trump has been the most productive time for the conservative movement in his 34 years in the Senate.

"I'm now in the 34th year in the Senate, hard to believe," McConnell said Friday morning at the Values Voter Summit in Washington. "This has been, if you want America to be a right of center nation, this last year-and-a-half has been the best year-and-a-half in my time in the Senate."

"And, the reason you should know that, is look how angry the Left is. The angrier they get, the better we are doing."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/mcconnell-last-18-months-under-trump-have-been-my-best-time-in-the-senate

McConnell is the hammer that has enabled Trump to accomplish so much.  What he has done in terms of ramming through conservative judges is unprecedented, on multiple levels.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Exactly,and let's give credit where credit is due.

Stop for a moment and consider what a difficult job it must be to bring a herd of Prima Donna under control so something positive gets done. They ALL want to take the credit for anything positive that happens,and blame someone else for anything negative that happens.

I can't even imagine why anyone would want his job.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 05:49:17 pm »
Booker shoots for Spartacus drama on Senate floor, ends up framing Americans as racist bigots
February 5, 2020 | Tom Tillison

With the U.S. Senate expected to acquit President Donald Trump on Wednesday on the articles of impeachment filed by House Democrats, likely in a bipartisan manner, all Democrats have left in their failed impeachment strategy are a few floor speeches.

As Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., took his turn, the lawmaker desperately tried to summon a little emotion, coming up just short. Booker called for unity, and then proved that he exists in an elitist bubble by denouncing the country as racist bigots.

Make Congress Great Again! @CapitolTrump

SPARTACUS GONE WILD!! @SenBooker delivers unhinged tirade while calling for unity and togetherness. Praises America for always rising to the challenge before condemning Americans for being racist bigots.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/02/05/booker-shoots-for-spartacus-drama-on-senate-floor-ends-up-framing-americans-as-racist-bigots-883433
Support the USO

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 05:55:36 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Exactly,and let's give credit where credit is due.

Stop for a moment and consider what a difficult job it must be to bring a herd of Prima Donna under control so something positive gets done. They ALL want to take the credit for anything positive that happens,and blame someone else for anything negative that happens.

I can't even imagine why anyone would want his job.

Given an opposition House and rock solid opposition in the Senate, it's hard to see how McConnel could have achieved much more with his slim and squishy majority. Reid was in a similar position after 2010 but even with solid dem support accomplished very little compared to McConnell.
---

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 06:16:27 pm »

Jones's announcement comes hours before the Senate's votes on the two House-passed articles of impeachment: abuse of power over the delayed Ukraine aid and obstructing Congress's investigations into those actions.
Jones has insisted for weeks that he is undecided on how he would vote, telling reporters on Monday that he was "getting there" but still wanted to review notes and talk to colleagues.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481610-doug-jones-says-he-will-vote-to-convict-trump

Sorry if I don't pile on the heaping overjoy some have of McConnell .... But they in part gave us Doug Jones... and I will never forget.

BTW... when Doug Jones runs for President... remember who gave him his foothold.... just makes me sick to no end.

What is the top trending item on Twitter at this moment????

We could of had a real constitutional conservative in office... but no... you had to run with the lies of a liberal newspaper that didn't have one shred of real evidence. Yet you rally around the SCOTUS instead of throwing him under the bus. I will never understand.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:27:42 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 06:25:13 pm »
Sorry if I don't pile on the heaping overjoy some have of McConnell .... But they in part gave us Doug Jones... and I will never forget.

BTW... when Doug Jones runs for President... remember who gave him his foothold.... just makes me sick to no end.

What is the top trending item on Twitter at this moment????

Jones is gonna have to win reelection.  Is that likely?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 06:28:55 pm »
Jones is gonna have to win reelection.  Is that likely?

Jones knows his position is probable gone, he is playing for bigger stakes now in higher positions that will open up for his service to the cause. This is him filling out his resume.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:30:50 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 06:49:58 pm »
Jones knows his position is probable gone, he is playing for bigger stakes now in higher positions that will open up for his service to the cause. This is him filling out his resume.

Irish beta-boy O'Rourke found out how his party deals with losers of elections.  If Jones loses reelection, then he'd drop out of a Presidential election before he even reached IA, like Beta.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2020, 07:07:22 pm »
Romney is a slime rat bastard!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »
Romney speaking now

Looks like he's voting to convict...

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 07:08:39 pm »
Melissa Francis
@MelissaAFrancis
·
1m
Oh boy! It’s Mitt’s golden opportunity for payback.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 07:09:06 pm »
Andrew Wilkow
@WilkowMajority
·
1m
#MittRomney is going to vote to convict!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 07:09:27 pm »
Jake Tapper
@jaketapper
·
3m
Romney: "There's no question that were their names not Biden the president would never have done what he did."
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 07:09:49 pm »
Cheri Jacobus
@CheriJacobus
·
1m
Romney -- the new "conscience" of the GOP?
Support the USO