Author Topic: Rush announces he has advance lung cancer  (Read 2313 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Rush announces he has advance lung cancer
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2020, 05:25:35 pm »
Bo Snerdley
@BoSnerdley
·
17m
As you can imagine yesterday was in  many ways the most dreadful day in the history of the program. All of us on the staff are still reeling from the news. But we - all of us thank you for the love, support, prayers and kind thoughts that have been extended.

WMAL-105.9 FM....   Washington's Flagship Talk Radio Station.

Mark Steyn currently reminding everyone that the entire station is built around the noon-to three timeslot.   

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A rhetorical question, only.   Spare us.

What loving God would take Rush Limbaugh from us in this way...at this time?   

This is so f##ked-up.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2020, 06:04:05 pm »
Lets hope there is time before the election, for Trump to cure cancer
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 02:44:31 am »
I didn't see her tweets or anything and I hope this is not too off-topic but I understand Jennifer Rubin, that WaPo, "Right Turn" or something columnist is in hot water over this of awarding the medal to Rush.

Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin flip-flops on Rush Limbaugh, calls him 'racist' after previously defending him from same attack
https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-jennifer-rubin-rush-limbaugh

Here's a tweet:

Jennifer Rubin
@JRubinBlogger
That mentality of grievance, propagated effectively by Limbaugh, is nothing more than cover for white nationalism. The country should denounce, not honor, it

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1225115212174495744

Here is her column:
What’s next — giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom to David Duke?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/05/whats-next-giving-presidential-medal-freedom-david-duke/

Okay, I thought about it right after the news hit, maybe Rush has said things pushing the envelope but still.

Just letting everyone know.

I hope Rush recovers and can take on Jennifer.

Ted Kennedy died, he died, he did some bad things, I don't object if Rush talked about it after Ted Kennedy died, Chappaquidick(sp?) was unforgivable along with some other things he did, still, I guess, there's a degree of respect for the deceased by everyone.

Just talking, not trying to ruffle any feathers.