Author Topic: Chris Matthews expresses worries: Democrats 'need to find' candidate who can beat Trump  (Read 2366 times)

Offline musiclady

I can name one, but not on an open thread.

Perhaps there's one ......... but the posters who seem to be hated most by the small group to which I previously referred and have been attacked frequently and recently as being liberals, have all given credit to Trump for some things.

Nonetheless, not a single person in that group is a liberal, or pro-abortion, or loves Democrats, and that accusation needs to stop.

As mystery said upthread, this is only February.  If this gang keeps getting worse, we're not going to make it until November.   **nononono*

I want to continue to be able to post on political threads and say what I believe, and I think others should be able to as well.  That's been the hallmark of this forum, and if criticizing Trump allows one to be attacked personally with no consequence (as has happened), then the forum will no longer be the best place to post ever created.

And that would be a crying shame.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:40:02 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I don’t think there’s a single poster here who hasn’t given him credit for anything.

There are accusations of that, but it doesn’t hold up under scrutiny.

No doubt you're right, but it seems to me that the vast majority of anti-Trump posts just repeat the same vitriol over and over without adding anything constructive or persuasive for that matter. Spending is certainly a valid issue but I've given up on a solution. Dems have perfected the art of weaponizing spending - they like nothing better than watching a repub president waste all his political capital trying for even a modest cut in a social program nobody ever heard of. It's absurd to pretend cuts in SS or Medicare are realistically possible when you have the other side adding whole new entitlements and winning elections by promising even more boondoggles. There might be repubs who would try harder than Trump, but I can't imagine one with the skills to convince the electorate that it's the right thing to do, and that's the only hope for ever getting spending under control.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline musiclady

No doubt you're right, but it seems to me that the vast majority of anti-Trump posts just repeat the same vitriol over and over without adding anything constructive or persuasive for that matter. Spending is certainly a valid issue but I've given up on a solution. Dems have perfected the art of weaponizing spending - they like nothing better than watching a repub president waste all his political capital trying for even a modest cut in a social program nobody ever heard of. It's absurd to pretend cuts in SS or Medicare are realistically possible when you have the other side adding whole new entitlements and winning elections by promising even more boondoggles. There might be repubs who would try harder than Trump, but I can't imagine one with the skills to convince the electorate that it's the right thing to do, and that's the only hope for ever getting spending under control.

Perhaps the spending problem is insurmountable, but signing bills that push us deeper and deeper into debt doesn't seem like it should get any Conservative support, so bringing it up repeatedly is perhaps, necessary.  (I began pulling away from the Republican party in Bush's 2nd term because of the rampant spending by Republicans.  Now that it's gotten even worse, I just can't pull the lever for the people who are spending us into oblivion).

You may be right about a few anti-Trump posters, but it certainly is true of a number of pro-Trump posters who make excuses for anything and everything and never post a single negative about him, all the while attacking (personally) the posters who do the opposite.

As I see it, there are people on both sides who might tone down the rhetoric, but the issue right now for me.... for ME...... is that there have been repeated personal attacks recently on Trump criticizers by Trump supporters with no consequence, and that is, as mystery has said, not the forum's policy.

I would like to see any poster who calls a good conservative pro-life Briefer a "liberal," a "Democrat," or worst of all in my book (as happened today with no consequence), "pro-abortion and an ally of Planned Parenthood," (SO ugly) told to knock it off by the Mods.

They may not knock it off and may continue their false accusations against Conservative posters, but it would help to see them held accountable once in a while.

I want this forum to stay as great as it has been from its beginning.....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:27:01 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My feelings and assessment of Trump have not changed from 2016.

But, unlike 2016, i'll be voting for him. Only as a  buffer against the radical revolutionary  tendencies of the new, far left democrats

@LMAO

The same reason I,and I suspect,many others,voted for him the last time.

NOBODY could have possibly been worse than the Dim candidates,so there was nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I am voting for him this time with ENTHUSIASM,though. I like Pence,but I would really love to see Trump pick another independent outsider like him for VP,so he or she would be ready to run in 2024.

IMHO,the professional politicians have done nothing but stick knives in the back of America my whole adult life,and we need to start electing rookie politicians with an attitude that don't owe anybody any favors.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I want to continue to be able to post on political threads and say what I believe, and I think others should be able to as well.

ROFLMAO! Good one!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@musiclady you said there is nobody here who doesn't give Trump any credit for anything, and I'm here to say you're wrong.  There is at least one person who rarely gives him credit for anything, and the few times that Member said Trump did the right thing, he/she reneged every single time to say he was wrong.

My comment was not about "A non-vote for Trump means you support Democrats."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Knock it off, Pete.

@Cyber Liberty

Why?

I didn't ping her,and if she has me on ignore she will never see it.

AND......,it WAS a PUBLIC POST on a PUBLIC board. Is she to remain free to post any damnfool thing she wants to post without being called on it?

Offline musiclady

@musiclady you said there is nobody here who doesn't give Trump any credit for anything, and I'm here to say you're wrong.  There is at least one person who rarely gives him credit for anything, and the few times that Member said Trump did the right thing, he/she reneged every single time to say he was wrong.

My comment was not about "A non-vote for Trump means you support Democrats."

I think I may know who you’re talking about, but I haven’t seen enough of his posts to agree or disagree with you.

I DO know that there are several who are routinely accused of it, who have given him credit for a number of things.

They’re just not ready to join the praise and worship team here.  wink777

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Cyber Liberty

Why?

I didn't ping her,and if she has me on ignore she will never see it.

AND......,it WAS a PUBLIC POST on a PUBLIC board. Is she to remain free to post any damnfool thing she wants to post without being called on it?

I feel you.   :laugh:

Happens to me all too often lately.  LOL!

Will be in 'lurk' mode for days, when suddenly....OUT OF THE SKY, It's a bird, It's a plane, no, it's somebody spreading the bullshit too thick.

Has to be our demeanor, @sneakypete

We're not diplomatic enough for the 'principled' members.     :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I feel you.   :laugh:

Has to be our demeanor, @sneakypete

We're not diplomatic enough for the 'principled' members.     :smokin:

@DCPatriot

Can't be. I distinctly remember my mother telling me I was perfect in every respect when I was a child,and if you can't believe your mother,who CAN you believe?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Being compared to a democrat vs. continuous accusations that Trump supporters were Nazi, dictator lovers,  Fascists, bootlicker, goose steppers, racists, uneducated, low intelligence, and a few other things too.

Despite occasional warnings, it went on for years.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think I may know who you’re talking about, but I haven’t seen enough of his posts to agree or disagree with you.

I DO know that there are several who are routinely accused of it, who have given him credit for a number of things.

They’re just not ready to join the praise and worship team here.  wink777

I've had it up to here (picture my finger held just below my eyes) with people who say "If you don't agree with me, you are a POS!" comments.  And...this may come as a surprise, but we Mods get it from BOTH sides of the Trump Wars.

It's the sort of thing that makes a lesser mortal just shut the whole damned forum down and walk away.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

I've had it up to here (picture my finger held just below my eyes) with people who say "If you don't agree with me, you are a POS!" comments.  And...this may come as a surprise, but we Mods get it from BOTH sides of the Trump Wars.

It's the sort of thing that makes a lesser mortal just shut the whole damned forum down and walk away.

Good thing you’re a greater mortal.  happy77

Offline libertybele

Hey y'all -- Valentine's Day is coming up.   Chocolate cream pie seems very appropriate or perhaps a decadent dark chocolate cheesecake with cherry topping?  Anyone?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@musiclady

If one types the name of a candidate or candidates, except for Trump's name, @sneakypete and his kind, accuse the person of being for that candidate or candidates.  It happens every time.  sneakypete is my friend and I am glad he is alive after cancer.

@Victoria33

Ok,now YOU are slandering me for musiclady?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey y'all -- Valentine's Day is coming up.   Chocolate cream pie seems very appropriate or perhaps a decadent dark chocolate cheesecake with cherry topping?  Anyone?

For Valentine's day, it has to be chocolate, so I'm partial to Chocolate Silk pie.  Marie Callender's makes a good one.  "Death by Chocolate" is also good.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good thing you’re a greater mortal.  happy77

happy77
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

For Valentine's day, it has to be chocolate, so I'm partial to Chocolate Silk pie.  Marie Callender's makes a good one.  "Death by Chocolate" is also good.

Isn't "Death by Chocolate" a cake?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Isn't "Death by Chocolate" a cake?

"Technically."  More important, it's chocolate, and any man who knows the first thing about females knows about chocolate.  What is just a sweet treat to us is something far more important to the ladies than it is to us.  We don't have to understand why, just that it's so. 

Do you prefer Dark or Light chocolate, Ma'am?   :kisses2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

"Technically."  More important, it's chocolate, and any man who knows the first thing about females knows about chocolate.  What is just a sweet treat to us is something far more important to the ladies than it is to us.  We don't have to understand why, just that it's so. 

The darker the chocolate the better!!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti

Which one goes better with a Modelo Negra? (I switched from Corona for obvious reasons)
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline libertybele

Which one goes better with a Modelo Negra? (I switched from Corona for obvious reasons)

IMHO dark chocolate goes with just about everything.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Matthews is just now catching on? He's a sharp one...nothing can get past him.  *****rollingeyes*****
I was thinking the same as I read the headline. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
IMHO dark chocolate goes with just about everything.

I'm with the Belle.  Dark (89% Cocoa or higher).  Trust me on this.  If you ever find a gal who loves Dark, grab her because she's a keeper.
I will NOT comply.