Author Topic: Chris Matthews expresses worries: Democrats 'need to find' candidate who can beat Trump  (Read 2365 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
None of them give a thrill running up his leg...
If only the Dems could find another Mulatto Gay Muslim bastard with mommy issues, who has a quarantined buried history and a very dubious totally unverified academic background. Then Chrissy would get his trill back...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

Nothing she said states, or even remotely implies that she wants a Democrat to win.
Try to use your mind logically please, and stop with the stupid accusations.
If you can leave your phony TDS line behind............. which I don't think you can.   **nononono*  @Victoria33
@musiclady

If one types the name of a candidate or candidates, except for Trump's name, @sneakypete and his kind, accuse the person of being for that candidate or candidates.  It happens every time.  sneakypete is my friend and I am glad he is alive after cancer.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

If one types the name of a candidate or candidates, except for Trump's name, @sneakypete and his kind, accuse the person of being for that candidate or candidates.  It happens every time.  sneakypete is my friend and I am glad he is alive after cancer.

That kind of knee jerk response....... accusing other Conservative Briefers of supporting Democrats, being liberal, being pro-abortion...... if they criticize Trump or say anything like you said......... USED to be against forum rules.

Apparently it is no longer.

The Trump faithful can accuse anyone who dares say a word of criticism of anything malicious they feel like saying, and no one seems to care......   :shrug:

I just thought the ridiculously false accusation leveled at you needed to be addressed.

Not that it did any good, but at least it's on record that the accusation that you are pro-Democrat was debunked.

I just wish that the rule against it were enforced.....

@Victoria33
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

Matthews is a Clinton/Obama camp dweller.

She is going to run.  Bet on it.  She's saying as much already stating that the Popular Vote should determine the winner of the White House.

It will be billed as ROCKY II !!!

Unless she's already made the appropriate application(s) and qualified to run in each state and has met deadlines -- she's not running. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

Unless she's already made the appropriate application(s) and qualified to run in each state and has met deadlines -- she's not running.

Since when do Democrats follow rules??

With as corrupt as they are, they'll try to find a way if the rest of their candidates continue to flail.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Victoria33

To the contrary @Victoria33 , I will make a point of voting. More than likely this year, that will be the Constitution Party candidate...  :beer: :seeya: :patriot:
@roamer_1

In Texas, Independent parties must hold their "convention" on a certain date/dates in the summer.  I won't know who the independent candidates are until those conventions are over.  Have to wait until then to determine if there is one for which I could vote.

Offline libertybele

That kind of knee jerk response....... accusing other Conservative Briefers of supporting Democrats, being liberal, being pro-abortion...... if they criticize Trump or say anything like you said......... USED to be against forum rules.

Apparently it is no longer.

The Trump faithful can accuse anyone who dares say a word of criticism of anything malicious they feel like saying, and no one seems to care......   :shrug:

I just thought the ridiculously false accusation leveled at you needed to be addressed.

Not that it did any good, but at least it's on record that the accusation that you are pro-Democrat was debunked.

I just wish that the rule against it were enforced.....

@Victoria33

The rules as I have always understood them, are that no attacks on individual posters are allowed; attacks on political candidates, media personalities, etc., is allowed.  Verbal attacks against other posters were a no-no.

I've stated this before, when I first came to this forum there was a mutual respect among all the posters and rarely was anyone attacked and if so, the forum posters themselves seemed to keep each other in check.

Agreed.  Sadly, things have changed.

My thinking is that there is a way to get your point across without verbal attacks and if you find yourself continually annoyed by an individual poster, grow up, put them on ignore and move on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

That kind of knee jerk response....... accusing other Conservative Briefers of supporting Democrats, being liberal, being pro-abortion...... if they criticize Trump or say anything like you said......... USED to be against forum rules.  Apparently it is no longer.
Not that it did any good, but at least it's on record that the accusation that you are pro-Democrat was debunked.  I just wish that the rule against it were enforced.....
@Victoria33
@musiclady
@mystery-ak

Thank you, musiclady.  I have copied this to mystery.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If only the Dems could find another Mulatto Gay Muslim bastard with mommy issues, who has a quarantined buried history and a very dubious totally unverified academic background. Then Chrissy would get his trill back...

"Mullato?" Really?  You actually needed to go there to make a political point?

Offline musiclady

The rules as I have always understood them, are that no attacks on individual posters are allowed; attacks on political candidates, media personalities, etc., is allowed.  Verbal attacks against other posters were a no-no.

I've stated this before, when I first came to this forum there was a mutual respect among all the posters and rarely was anyone attacked and if so, the forum posters themselves seemed to keep each other in check.

Agreed.  Sadly, things have changed.

My thinking is that there is a way to get your point across without verbal attacks and if you find yourself continually annoyed by an individual poster, grow up, put them on ignore and move on.

It's SOP for a small group of Trump supporters to call anyone who criticizes him liberal.  If you watch, you can see that in response to criticisms of Trump, this small group smears the poster and doesn't debate the point they are making.

It happens all the time, and no one seems to care.  I just reported an incident on another thread where a Trump supporter accused a VERY pro-life Briefer of being pro-abortion and on the side of PP in response to a comment about Trump (not another briefer).  I have just decided to start reporting these frequent incidents to the Mods when I see them, because it is supposed to be against the rules.

If nothing happens, I'll know that the rule no longer is enforced and this small group is free to smear whomever they please with whatever false accusation they feel like making, with no consequence.

But you're right.  It's not the place it used to be........ and that's why there are so few people left who don't support Trump.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:53:32 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

@musiclady
@mystery-ak

Thank you, musiclady.  I have copied this to mystery.

You're welcome.

I'm Conservative and traditional enough to believe that rules should be enforced.  As long as there are no consequences these few people will continue to harass and falsely accuse people who criticize Trump, and this will become a monolithic place without variance of opinion.

The openness and decency of this forum was, and should still be, it's strong suit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The rule here has always been the same...you can attack/criticize any public figure but not another member.

I was hoping that we would not repeat the same meme here that transpired in 2016...if you don't vote for Trump you are a Dem, support abortion etc

Once again if you are a member here you are entitled to express your opinion,,if you don't like that opinion, argue it without ridicule and name calling

Please this is only Feb we have a long way to go...let's all try to be civil to ea other..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I'm speaking about a "Brokered" Convention...not one where a true favorite is established.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nothing she said states, or even remotely implies that she wants a Democrat to win.  Try to use your mind logically please, and stop with the stupid accusations.

Nothing in @truth_seeker 's question implied @Victoria33 wants a Democrat to win.  TS simply asked her who on the list of candidates she presented in her post, including the President, she preferred.

Try using your reading comprehension skills, please @musiclady

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:07:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Yep ... we got that the first time you stated it.  What exactly has he done for crying out loud that has been a danger to this country?  Expanded and jump started the economy?  Revitalized our military?  Lowered Black and Hispanic unemployment to their lowest levels ever recorded in history? Got Guatemala to agree to be a safe country for asylum seekers? Made progress on building the border wall?  Repealed the Bammycare mandate?  Refusing to apologize for American exceptionalism?  Taking out Soleimani?  Bringing back wishing people "Merry Christmas"?  Being the first President to speak at the Rally for Life? Please, do tell.

This was a good question but I don't see an answer - did I miss it?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I was hoping that we would not repeat the same meme here that transpired in 2016...if you don't vote for Trump you are a Dem, support abortion etc

@mystery-ak looks like you're gonna have your hands full with that same BS again this election too...and that's a shame.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

@mystery-ak looks like you're gonna have your hands full with that same BS again this election too...and that's a shame.

My feelings and assessment of Trump have not changed from 2016.

But, unlike 2016, i'll be voting for him. Only as a  buffer against the radical revolutionary  tendencies of the new, far left democrats

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

But, unlike 2016, i'll be voting for him. Only as a  buffer against the radical revolutionary  tendencies of the new, far left democrats

That is going to be the reason for a lot of people vote for him this time that didn't last time. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti

That sounds like plenty of reason to me - why would anyone need more?

What I don't get is how anyone can claim to be a conservative while refusing to give him an iota of credit for a single thing he's done? Maybe not enough to vote for him, but surely there must be something in there somewhere that isn't totally abhorrent?

I'm not trying to put anyone down, I'm genuinely puzzled by this.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline LMAO

What I don't get is how anyone can claim to be a conservative while refusing to give him an iota of credit for a single thing he's done? Maybe not enough to vote for him, but surely there must be something in there somewhere that isn't totally abhorrent?

Ok. I'll answer for myself

I give him an A  for taking a harder line on open borders. I welcome immigrants but that doesn't mean I don't want to make sure those coming here are seeking to become part of the American dream verses coming to commit crimes and drain the system. Also, rolling back some economy suppressing regulations from the BHO was a plus. It's brought back trillions of dollars here that were parked overseas

On spending, I give him an F. This is an issue that has long term ramifications
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:50:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

Might as well be Mitt Romney.

Offline musiclady

Indeed it is....

Offline musiclady

I don’t think there’s a single poster here who hasn’t given him credit for anything.

There are accusations of that, but it doesn’t hold up under scrutiny.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don’t think there’s a single poster here who hasn’t given him credit for anything.

There are accusations of that, but it doesn’t hold up under scrutiny.

I can name one, but not on an open thread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: