Author Topic: Chris Matthews expresses worries: Democrats 'need to find' candidate who can beat Trump  (Read 2367 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Matthews expresses worries: Democrats 'need to find' candidate who can beat Trump
By Joe Concha - 02/03/20 11:34 AM EST

MSNBC host Chris Matthews declared Monday that he's "not happy with the field" of 2020 Democratic presidential candidates.

Matthews, a former speechwriter for President Carter, said he did not think Democrats had a candidate who could defeat President Trump.

"What are my thoughts? I’m not happy. I’m not happy with this field. I think they have to find a candidate for president that can beat Trump," Matthews said during a panel discussion Monday on "Morning Joe."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/481186-chris-matthews-expresses-worries-democrats-need-to-find-candidate-who-can-beat#.XjhUW6-EJSU.twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

My opinion: The only ones who could speak enough words to keep up with Trump in a debate, are Klobuchar, Warren, and Sanders.  Of that group, Sanders can spit out words faster than Klobuchar and Warren.  If you have to think before you speak, Trump wins that debate as he doesn't think before he speaks, so he drowns out his opponent. Sanders could break into Trump's words with his own fast said words. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Matthews is just now catching on? He's a sharp one...nothing can get past him.  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My opinion: The only ones who could speak enough words to keep up with Trump in a debate, are Klobuchar, Warren, and Sanders.  Of that group, Sanders can spit out words faster than Klobuchar and Warren.  If you have to think before you speak, Trump wins that debate as he doesn't think before he speaks, so he drowns out his opponent. Sanders could break into Trump's words with his own fast said words.
So who is your choice? @Victoria33

Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar or Trump?

(same question applies to all TDS afllicted #nevertrumpers
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

If that doesn't give you a clue,nothing will.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline thackney

Matthews is just now catching on? He's a sharp one...nothing can get past him.  *****rollingeyes*****

None of them give a thrill running up his leg...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker

If that doesn't give you a clue,nothing will.

Next  comes lotsa high minded pontificating about "Principled conservatism"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

Yup. I can already see Lady Lindsey's leg jerking in response.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Matthews is a Clinton/Obama camp dweller.

She is going to run.  Bet on it.  She's saying as much already stating that the Popular Vote should determine the winner of the White House.

It will be billed as ROCKY II !!!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Matthews is a Clinton/Obama camp dweller.

She is going to run.  Bet on it.  She's saying as much already stating that the Popular Vote should determine the winner of the White House.

It will be billed as ROCKY II !!!

@DCPatriot

"Rocky II,the return of GRANNY!"

Offline musiclady

Nothing she said states, or even remotely implies that she wants a Democrat to win.

Try to use your mind logically please, and stop with the stupid accusations.

If you can leave your phony TDS line behind............. which I don't think you can.   **nononono*

@Victoria33
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nothing she said states, or even remotely implies that she wants a Democrat to win.

Try to use your mind logically please, and stop with the stupid accusations.

If you can leave your phony TDS line behind............. which I don't think you can.   **nononono*

@Victoria33

@truth_seeker   @musiclady

Musiclady,WHO do you think is going to be the next president if Trump loses?

Offline Victoria33

So who is your choice? @Victoria33   Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar or Trump?
@truth_seeker
@sneakypete

None of them, but you knew that.   :tongue2:

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker
@sneakypete

@Victoria33 No I did not know that. That is why I asked you the question.

Unlike you, I do not claim the ability to read minds.

I heard that some geniuses feel so much smarter, and possess that ability.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@truth_seeker
@sneakypete

@Victoria33

Not true. The decsion to not vote is a vote because either the Dim candidate or the Republican candidate is going to be
President in 2021.

You may THINK you are not voting for either one,but the reality is your inaction helps create an action. Or are you
going to try to tell us there is no difference between what Trump will do and what Bernie,Bubbette!,etc,etc,etc will do once
in office? If that's the case,not voting is probably what you should be doing because you are too stupid to vote.

Trump or Bernie

Trump or Slow Joe

Trump or Liawatha

Trump or Buttplug.

You decide,because that IS what is going to happen unless enough people vote for Trump to stop it.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33  Not true. The decsion to not vote is a vote because either the Dim candidate or the Republican candidate is going to be
President in 2021.   You may THINK you are not voting for either one,but the reality is your inaction helps create an action. Or are you  going to try to tell us there is no difference between what Trump will do and what Bernie,Bubbette!,etc,etc,etc will do once
in office? If that's the case,not voting is probably what you should be doing because you are too stupid to vote. Trump or Bernie Trump or Slow Joe Trump or Liawatha
Trump or Buttplug. You decide,because that IS what is going to happen unless enough people vote for Trump to stop it.
@sneakypete
@truth_seeker

sneaky, your claim of voting for someone even if you didn't vote for anyone, was used over and over on FR if the person was not going to vote for Trump.

It is my opinion Trump is mentally unstable and a danger to the country.  I will not vote for him, nor will I vote for a Democrat.  Likely my friend, @roamer_1 , is not voting for anyone, either.  Expanding your idea of not voting is actually voting, if no one voted, who wins?  The answer is @roamer_1 and me.

Offline aligncare

Notice Chrissy doesn’t say democrats need to find someone who can “get better results” than Trump.

Looking at metrics, Trump is getting record numbers in important categories like low end wage growth and job openings, something important among blacks, and is reflected in his growing approval numbers in those groups.

As for the two most important questions voters ask, is the president delivering on peace and prosperity?Most would say yes and Trump is re-elected, no matter which sacrificial clown they nominate in that disgraceful shambles of a party.

Offline roamer_1

@sneakypete
@truth_seeker

sneaky, your claim of voting for someone even if you didn't vote for anyone, was used over and over on FR if the person was not going to vote for Trump.

It is my opinion Trump is mentally unstable and a danger to the country.  I will not vote for him, nor will I vote for a Democrat.  Likely my friend, @roamer_1 , is not voting for anyone, either.  Expanding your idea of not voting is actually voting, if no one voted, who wins?  The answer is @roamer_1 and me.

To the contrary @Victoria33 , I will make a point of voting. More than likely this year, that will be the Constitution Party candidate...  :beer: :seeya: :patriot:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
@truth_seeker

Expanding your idea of not voting is actually voting, if no one voted, who wins?  The answer is @roamer_1 and me.

@Victoria33    Uhhhh,yeah. :shrug:

Offline aligncare

Hmmmm, makes you think. What if unicorns and fairies could vote? It would be a better world.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online libertybele

@sneakypete
@truth_seeker

It is my opinion Trump is mentally unstable and a danger to the country
.  I will not vote for him, nor will I vote for a Democrat.  Likely my friend, @roamer_1 , is not voting for anyone, either.  Expanding your idea of not voting is actually voting, if no one voted, who wins?  The answer is @roamer_1 and me.

Yep ... we got that the first time you stated it.  What exactly has he done for crying out loud that has been a danger to this country?  Expanded and jump started the economy?  Revitalized our military?  Lowered Black and Hispanic unemployment to their lowest levels ever recorded in history? Got Guatemala to agree to be a safe country for asylum seekers? Made progress on building the border wall?  Repealed the Bammycare mandate?  Refusing to apologize for American exceptionalism?  Taking out Soleimani?  Bringing back wishing people "Merry Christmas"?  Being the first President to speak at the Rally for Life? Please, do tell.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

Yep ... we got that the first time you stated it.  What exactly has he done for crying out loud that has been a danger to this country?  Expanded and jump started the economy?  Revitalized our military?  Lowered Black and Hispanic unemployment to their lowest levels ever recorded in history? Got Guatemala to agree to be a safe country for asylum seekers? Made progress on building the border wall?  Repealed the Bammycare mandate?  Refusing to apologize for American exceptionalism?  Taking out Soleimani?  Bringing back wishing people "Merry Christmas"?  Being the first President to speak at the Rally for Life? Please, do tell.

Damn, that’s good stuff right there...

:thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Schitt said today that Trump will give Alaska back to the Russians.  Maybe that's it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

To the contrary @Victoria33 , I will make a point of voting. More than likely this year, that will be the Constitution Party candidate...  :beer: :seeya: :patriot:

As will I, and for the same reasons.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Damn, that’s good stuff right there...

:thumbsup:

@aligncare

Not good enough for some purists,though. "Orange Man Bad,he cheat on first wife!"