Author Topic: Pierre Delecto in the Hot Seat: Utah Lawmaker Files Legislation to Recall Sitting US Senator  (Read 555 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pierre Delecto in the Hot Seat: Utah Lawmaker Files Legislation to Recall Sitting US Senator

by Jim Hoft February 1, 2020

Enough is Enough!

Utah Rep. Tim Quinn (R-Huber City) filed a bill this week to recall an elected US Senator.

The bill was filed after months of Mitt Romney, aka Pierre Delecto, trashing and working against the Republican President.

Mitt has been among the staunchest voices against President Trump, since joining the US Senate in 2019.

President Trump had an excellent relationship with Mitt’s predecessor, Orrin Hatch. UT went for president Trump in 2016, in spite of local rightie ‘resistance’ from a few insignificant fools. Orrin Hatch assured president Trump that Mitt would be a good replacement. Then the president endorsed Mitt for the UT senate seat.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/pierre-delecto-in-the-hot-seat-utah-lawmaker-files-legislation-to-recall-sitting-us-senator/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anybody from Utah  have any insights into if this will succeed?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Anybody from Utah  have any insights into if this will succeed?

I think any proposed law to overturn an election (for Senator) would run afoul of the 17th and 14th Amendments.  The same thing happened in '94, when then-Speaker of the House Foley sued his constituents to overturn a term-limit law.  It was overturned, right before Foley lost his Congressional Election.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think any proposed law to overturn an election (for Senator) would run afoul of the 17th and 14th Amendments.  The same thing happened in '94, when then-Speaker of the House Foley sued his constituents to overturn a term-limit law.  It was overturned, right before Foley lost his Congressional Election.

@Cyber Liberty

If it is legal to impeach a president,surely it is legal to remove a US Senator from office.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

If it is legal to impeach a president,surely it is legal to remove a US Senator from office.

Only if there is a mechanism in the Constitution for that removal.  What applies to the President does not apply to the Congress.  Life's not fair, and neither is this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Only if there is a mechanism in the Constitution for that removal.  What applies to the President does not apply to the Congress.  Life's not fair, and neither is this.

@Cyber Liberty

I am positive there MUST be a route for relief. Maybe at the state level,if not the feral level?  I am NOT talking about "wait until the next election",either. There HAS to be an contingency in place in case of dementia,alcoholism,drug addiction,diddling little boys,etc,etc,etc. Otherwise they would be Kings,not Senators.

I wonder what the prima donnas of "the most exclusive club in the world" would think if they suddenly discovered the peons back home could remove them from office any time they wish,if they have just cause?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 05:42:19 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I am positive there MUST be a route for relief. Maybe at the state level,if not the feral level?  I am NOT talking about "wait until the next election",either. There HAS to be an contingency in place in case of dementia,alcoholism,drug addiction,diddling little boys,etc,etc,etc. Otherwise they would be Kings,not Senators.

I wonder what the prima donnas of "the most exclusive club in the world" would think if they suddenly discovered the peons back home could remove them from office any time they wish,if they have just cause?

Senators that were literally vegetables stayed in the Senate, unless they resign.  They have been wheeled out on a gurney to the Senate Chamber to vote by raising a finger.  McStain is another example.  Believe me, if Arizonans could, they would have replaced him.

Senators and Congressmen will never vote on a Constitutional Amendment to limit terms or recall Senators.  It flies in the face of their self-interests.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Senators that were literally vegetables stayed in the Senate, unless they resign.  They have been wheeled out on a gurney to the Senate Chamber to vote by raising a finger.  McStain is another example.  Believe me, if Arizonans could, they would have replaced him.

Senators and Congressmen will never vote on a Constitutional Amendment to limit terms or recall Senators.  It flies in the face of their self-interests.

@Cyber Liberty

The Founding Father's weren't fools,and they all had experiences with Royalty. I am positive that relief is possible short of crowds carrying torches and ropes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Cyber Liberty

The Founding Father's weren't fools,and they all had experiences with Royalty. I am positive that relief is possible short of crowds carrying torches and ropes.

And the founding fathers did not institute the direct election of U.S. Senators either!  The 17th amendment desperately needs repealing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And the founding fathers did not institute the direct election of U.S. Senators either!  The 17th amendment desperately needs repealing.

@Bigun

What was the system prior to the 17th?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

What was the system prior to the 17th?

State legislatures appointed U.S. Senators @sneakypete

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

Thanks! I should have been able to remember that.

Offline berdie

I'm a little divided on that @Bigun . There is no way we would have ended up with Cruz had that been the case.  They loved them some Dewhurst. Sometimes original intent isn't good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I'm a little divided on that @Bigun . There is no way we would have ended up with Cruz had that been the case.  They loved them some Dewhurst. Sometimes original intent isn't good.

The Senate was supposed to be the body that represented the interests of the individual states in the founders' design @berdie

Instead, we now have two people's houses and NO representation for the states at all.

Three-legged stools don't work well with one leg sawed off.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

The Senate was supposed to be the body that represented the interests of the individual states in the founders' design @berdie

Instead, we now have two people's houses and NO representation for the states at all.

I agree with you 100 per cent @Bigun . It's how it should work. But things (people) have gotten so wacky that I can well see that we could end up with a totally corrupt Congress due to the State Leges. The founders were right, but they didn't anticipate liberalism or apathy. I can understand that since most waged their lives and fortunes.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Absolutely.

Cases in point are the long-term positions held by what can only be referred to as idiots like Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee and I'll even throw in Nancy Pelosi.

These appear in the House as it is specifically designed to represent the people within a relatively small population.

States now are not represented as the 17th Amendment stripped away from the state legislatures the right to appoint Senators and placed them (for the most part) to come from simply a larger population pool instead.

This also effectively eliminated the recall of these Senators by the states as well.

Congress is the most insulated body of the government we have, other than judicial, as rare is the day anyone loses their job other than the ballot box.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@berdie

No system is perfect. At least with state pols putting Senators in place,you know who to blame if things go wrong,and they are within driving distance and you can go see them and demand they replace that booger if THEY want to remain in office.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I agree with you 100 per cent @Bigun . It's how it should work. But things (people) have gotten so wacky that I can well see that we could end up with a totally corrupt Congress due to the State Leges. 

@berdie

There are no guarantees and there is no such critter as a perfect system,but it WOULD be a HELL of a lot more representative than we have now. Going to see your Senator if you live in Virginia or Maryland is no big deal if you are upset enough,but it's a whole nother deal if you live in California.

If your US Senator has your State Senator as a boss,you can damn sure make your way to your state capital and give him or her an
earfull if you are outraged. This is especially true if you were to rent a Greyhound bus and show up with a bus full of
voters to complain. THAT will get his attention,and he can then lay more steam on your US Senator than you could ever dream to
do yourself.

NONE of them want to leave the US Senate and lose all the perks and prestiege,but they all know that it is a rare voter that will take the time and trouble to lose a week of work or vacation time and spend all the money it would cost to drive cross-country in order to make an appointment to see your US Senator,who may,or may not even be in the country when you show up.

Give your state Senator the power to tell him that he either gets his stuff together or come the next election he is going to be replaced, and things will begin to happen. ESPECIALLY if you tell your state Senator to either slap him into line,or BOTH of them will be out of office come the next election.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This subject has been discussed before.

Senators and Congressmen cannot be recalled by the states.
It's simply... unconstitutional.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This subject has been discussed before.

Senators and Congressmen cannot be recalled by the states.
It's simply... unconstitutional.

@Fishrrman

They surely can if it is the states that put them there.

I suspect this whole argument is akin to arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin because US Senators now have so much power no state is going to irritate them.

Offline berdie

@berdie

There are no guarantees and there is no such critter as a perfect system,but it WOULD be a HELL of a lot more representative than we have now. Going to see your Senator if you live in Virginia or Maryland is no big deal if you are upset enough,but it's a whole nother deal if you live in California.

If your US Senator has your State Senator as a boss,you can damn sure make your way to your state capital and give him or her an
earfull if you are outraged. This is especially true if you were to rent a Greyhound bus and show up with a bus full of
voters to complain. THAT will get his attention,and he can then lay more steam on your US Senator than you could ever dream to
do yourself.

NONE of them want to leave the US Senate and lose all the perks and prestiege,but they all know that it is a rare voter that will take the time and trouble to lose a week of work or vacation time and spend all the money it would cost to drive cross-country in order to make an appointment to see your US Senator,who may,or may not even be in the country when you show up.

Give your state Senator the power to tell him that he either gets his stuff together or come the next election he is going to be replaced, and things will begin to happen. ESPECIALLY if you tell your state Senator to either slap him into line,or BOTH of them will be out of office come the next election.

I don't disagree with you or @Bigun  in the least @sneakypete . Both of you may have more information than I but what I have knowledge of says even when the Amendment was passed there was rampant abuse and money changing. IMHO..it  could be worse now. That could be why there was an amendment to begin with. Like I said earlier..the Founders didn't anticipate that pols would be so corrupt since they risked their fortunes and lives to get such a great Republic.

Of course there has been corruption since the beginning of time. Even I am not that naïve. :laugh: But it could be easier to focus on one senator than a whole state lege.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:49:38 pm by berdie »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I don't disagree with you or @Bigun  in the least @sneakypete . Both of you may have more information than I but what I have knowledge of says even when the Amendment was passed there was rampant abuse and money changing. IMHO..it  could be worse now. That could be why there was an amendment to begin with. Like I said earlier..the Founders didn't anticipate that pols would be so corrupt since they risked their fortunes and lives to get such a great Republic.

Of course there has been corruption since the beginning of time. Even I am not that naïve. :laugh: But it could be easier to focus on one senator than a whole state lege.

IMHO @berdie the founders were well aware of all our human frailties and tried to devise a system that chained them down as much as is possible.  They were also well aware that there is no perfect system (I could regale you with numerous quotes here that conclusively prove that but won't).  They did the best they could and when we depart from their wisdom we do so at our own peril.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

I'm pretty sure that the issue has been litigated and struck down by Courts.   States cannot recall a Federal office holder.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm pretty sure that the issue has been litigated and struck down by Courts.   States cannot recall a Federal office holder.

@ArneFufkin

They can if they are the ones that send them to the federal office.