Author Topic: Buh-bye: Bill Kristol finally crosses to the Democrats  (Read 1220 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buh-bye: Bill Kristol finally crosses to the Democrats
« on: February 02, 2020, 04:10:49 pm »
  February 2, 2020
Buh-bye: Bill Kristol finally crosses to the Democrats
By Monica Showalter

Not that Bill Kristol is a guy who merits much attention anymore, but sure enough, the biggest, most recalcitrant, most self-defeating #NeverTrump out there has finally come out as a ... Democrat:

The Daily Caller spotted this:

✔
    @BillKristol

Not presumably forever; not perhaps for a day after Nov. 3, 2020; not on every issue or in every way until then. But for the time being one has to say: We are all Democrats now.
    10:09 AM - Feb 1, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/02/buhbye_bill_kristol_finally_crosses_to_the_democrats.html

buh bye
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Buh-bye: Bill Kristol finally crosses to the Democrats
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out... maybe he wrote things in the past I agree with. I haven't seen it though.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 04:17:28 pm »
Bill Kristol still does op-eds? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:32:09 pm »
Democrats? Democrats are so evil, even hell won’t take them!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 04:56:15 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 05:00:12 pm »
Bill Kristol was a Republican just like Mitt Romney IS a Republican.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 05:27:55 pm »
Good.

I've always been uneasy with him on my side. He looks much more like a rat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 05:37:22 pm »
Good.

I've always been uneasy with him on my side. He looks much more like a rat.

@skeeter

He is,and has been since birth,an internationalist.

Lenin was also an internationalist. Lenin,not Lennon.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 05:43:41 pm »
'former editor-at-large of the now-defunct Weekly Standard'

"comes out" joining the notorious fake deacon of Dallas Ft. Worth

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 05:44:06 pm »
@skeeter

He is,and has been since birth,an internationalist.

Lenin was also an internationalist. Lenin,not Lennon.

Ah Lenin who famously said 'imagine all the people'.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 05:44:48 pm »
   In before the Trumpers hang the Kristol Cross around my neck and in my cleavage.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 05:54:06 pm »
Ah Lenin who famously said 'imagine all the people'.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 08:44:07 pm »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out... maybe he wrote things in the past I agree with. I haven't seen it though.

Nah, the door should hit him three ways: hard, fast, and continually.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 08:54:53 pm »
Maybe Jennifer Rubin can join him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:17 pm »
Not sure that I interpret Kristol's tweets as American Thinker does.  Sounds to me like he is doing what a number of other Never Trump conservatives have said they will do -- vote Democrat in November because they can't in all good conscience vote for Trump.  It's not they are officially switching parties for good. 

I've had a few suggest this approach to me since I won't vote for Trump.  But I can't in all good conscience vote for a Democrat either.  Even the so-called centrists, such as Biden, will sooner or later adopt the radical politics of the ultra left because that is where the Democrat Party is headed.  Unfortunately, the Republican Party is also moving left.  Should the Democrats take the senate as well as the house, expect Republicans to move even further left to hold onto voters.  Those of us who are real conservatives will not have anyone to represent us. 

Not a fan of Kristol, but I believe I understand where he is coming from.  He's not alone in his frustration.  I just don't know that I would vote for the ones whose policies are everything contrary to the republic our Founding Fathers created just because I don't like the guy in the White House.  It's kind of like cutting off one's nose to spite one's face and just as bad as voting for Trump to "save us" from the Democrats.  Neither idea is a good one and can actually make matters worse.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 09:39:43 pm »
Not sure that I interpret Kristol's tweets as American Thinker does.  Sounds to me like he is doing what a number of other Never Trump conservatives have said they will do -- vote Democrat in November because they can't in all good conscience vote for Trump.  It's not they are officially switching parties for good. 

I've had a few suggest this approach to me since I won't vote for Trump.  But I can't in all good conscience vote for a Democrat either.  Even the so-called centrists, such as Biden, will sooner or later adopt the radical politics of the ultra left because that is where the Democrat Party is headed.  Unfortunately, the Republican Party is also moving left.  Should the Democrats take the senate as well as the house, expect Republicans to move even further left to hold onto voters.  Those of us who are real conservatives will not have anyone to represent us. 

Not a fan of Kristol, but I believe I understand where he is coming from.  He's not alone in his frustration.  I just don't know that I would vote for the ones whose policies are everything contrary to the republic our Founding Fathers created just because I don't like the guy in the White House.  It's kind of like cutting off one's nose to spite one's face and just as bad as voting for Trump to "save us" from the Democrats.  Neither idea is a good one and can actually make matters worse.

I'd be interested to know just which of Trump's policies have so offended Kristol. Is it his border policy? His Middle East policy? His trade policies? His essentially non-military interventionist posture?

Kristol, like many never Trumpers, can't seem to articulate specifically why the dislike him so much.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 09:50:13 pm »

Yep, don't care for Trump one bit, but I be dang if I vote for a democrat in any capacity. I don't follow the reasoning of those that suggest otherwise.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 10:00:42 pm »
Maybe Jennifer Rubin can join him.

Now THAT is what I call an EXCELLENT idea @jmyrlefuller

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 10:10:17 pm »
I'd be interested to know just which of Trump's policies have so offended Kristol. Is it his border policy? His Middle East policy? His trade policies? His essentially non-military interventionist posture?

Kristol, like many never Trumpers, can't seem to articulate specifically why the dislike him so much.

@skeeter

It's simple. Trump is a life-long denizen of NYC,and a Billionaire that has had social and business contacts with the leftist elites all his life,yet he DARES to put America first instead of his business associates and cocktail party pals,like some sort of inbred hillbilly white trash trailer creature. The horrors!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2020, 10:15:28 pm »
   I'll vote for Trump in 2020 if it appears to me that Texas's 38 Electoral Votes are in question, otherwise I'm gonna continue to sit on my acrimonious azz and pretend I'm better than most of you.  *

* I didn't vote for Romney or McCain (I voted for Palin)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 10:18:15 pm »
Wiki- The Weekly Standard "Kristol attributed the magazine's demise to the hostility of supporters of the Donald Trump administration"

Sounds like Hillary -- frequently seen alaiming to be "conservatives, but end up "coming out"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 11:52:54 pm »
   I'll vote for Trump in 2020 if it appears to me that Texas's 38 Electoral Votes are in question, otherwise I'm gonna continue to sit on my acrimonious azz and pretend I'm better than most of you.  *

* I didn't vote for Romney or McCain (I voted for Palin)

I did not vote for Trump in the 2016 primary or general but will be voting FOR him in both this year.  In my estimation he has earned it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2020, 04:04:17 am »
I did not vote for Trump in the 2016 primary or general but will be voting FOR him in both this year.  In my estimation he has earned it.

Yep...  the entire dim field this year is human excrement that will seriously damage this country, whoever it is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 05:11:13 am »
Yep, don't care for Trump one bit, but I be dang if I vote for a democrat in any capacity. I don't follow the reasoning of those that suggest otherwise.

Same for me. Tumpy won't be getting my vote - But then, neither will a democrat... A distinction without a difference.