Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 31, 2020  (Read 387 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Jan. 31, 2020
« on: January 31, 2020, 05:53:54 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Shut up the football talk Rush
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 31, 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 06:54:15 pm »

Bolton Stands With the Unelected Bureaucrats Against the Voters

Jan 31, 2020

RUSH: Look, folks, there’s a lot going on today, and there’s something that… I was talking about this before the program with Mr. Snerdley, and as I was pontificating and opining, he said, “Boy, I hope you remember what you’re saying. This is really right on the money.” It’s nothing I haven’t said before. But it was a reaction. John Bolton’s out there. He was down in Texas. He spoke at a private gathering for an investment firm in Austin, Texas and — you may have heard this — he defended several of the people who testified from ambassadorial corps and the civil service who testified before Schiff’s committee.

Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, William Taylor, Fiona Hill (she was the British-accented speaking lady), Tim Morrison, and the ambassador, Marie Yovanovitch. Bolton said, “All of them acted in the best interest of the country as they saw it and consistent to what they thought our policies were. The idea that somehow testifying to what you think is true is destructive to the system of government we have, I think, is very nearly the reverse — the exact reverse of the truth.”

Well, the key here, as far as I’m concerned — and he’s defending his people. Folks, it is crucially important to remember that none of these people have ever been elected to anything, and so their concerns do not take into account what the American people think. Because in their world, the American people are ignorant, don’t know anything about what they do, and so public opinion is irrelevant — including the public opinion that elected Donald Trump. Even that public opinion is rejected.

So in that way, their view of foreign policy and their view of American interests have nothing to do with the fact that Trump was elected. There are two things that we have — and I’m just setting the table. I’m gonna expand on this later. There are two things that we’ve always noted here in the era of Trump, and we noted them during the campaign when it became obvious that Trump was gonna get the Republican nomination, and this stunned and shocked everybody in both parties.

And then when Trump won the election, which… Look, I’ll admit that it surprised me, but it didn’t either. I predicted. I thought that he was gonna win for a host of reasons that I’ve explained previously. But if you recall, one of the big complaints that we had was that after and during the eight years of Obama, “Nobody in our party seems to understand the country in crisis the way we think it’s in crisis: losing our culture, losing our national identity, losing the foundations and the values of our founding.”

We thought all of that was under assault and has been for a while, and then we learned that most of our party doesn’t see that at all! They didn’t see illegal immigration as any kind of a problem. They saw it as an opportunity. We saw it as something that could destroy one of the key elements that defines the United States culturally, economically, and in terms of exceptionalism and greatness — and they didn’t!

They simply didn’t see it, and they don’t now. They don’t see it. As such, how can you…? How can you miss the magical transformation from this country from mediocrity to excellence in just the past three years? They don’t see it. To them, the country is not in crisis. All of that concern is paranoia; it’s conspiracy thinking — and there’s always been that disconnect. And part of that disconnect stems from the fact that when you boil all this down, the people we’re talking about in Washington really don’t care about public opinion.

And all this time we, voters, have thought they do. For example, a party loses an election. We’ve always been under the impression (when we were younger and naive) that the party that lost an election would realize, “Hey, maybe we’re losing touch with the people. The people are the ones who vote. The people are the ones that determine what kind of party, what kind of policies are gonna lead the country — and we’re maybe out of step. We’ve gotta do something to get back in step with the people.”

Well (chuckels), that doesn’t happen, and particularly on the Democrat side. On the Democrat side, there’s nothing but pure, raw resentment. What do the Democrats do? Let’s look at this. When we lost to Obama two elections ago, what’d we do? I spent those eight years doing everything I could to inform as many people as I could reach what I thought was wrong about Obama’s policies, how I thought they were damaging. In other words, I appealed to hearts and minds.

I did everything I could to persuade people, “You can’t just vote on racial matters. You’ve gotta vote on policy. This is horrible,” and I was borne out correct. But what did we not do? We didn’t try to kick Obama out of office, and we didn’t try to say that his election was illegitimate, and we didn’t start an eight-year process to disqualify him. Okay. We lost. Why? How did we lose? I asked myself, “Why did we lose? What did we miss? How did we not reach voters?

“How did we somehow not persuade people that voted for Obama that they were making a mistake?” To me, it’s an intellectual pursuit, it’s an emotional pursuit, and it’s a daily objective. But for these people that we’re up against? Look, they lose to Trump, and what have they done the past three years? You think they care what public opinion is? They have utter disdain for it. They’re doing everything they can to overturn the election results. They couldn’t care less!

In fact, these are the people out there running around trying to dismantle the Electoral College now. Well, I think when you get to the ambassadorial corps, the civil service corps, I think you find much the same thinking. These people never face voters. They never have to get elected. They’re appointed by people who win elections — and because they never face voters, they don’t have to concern themselves with public opinion, and they don’t.

So whereas the American people en masse, a vast majority (electorally, anyway), elect Donald Trump and then turn around and see his policies undermine by a bunch of people that we didn’t elect and then we have to hear, “Well, they’re doing what they think best.” They’re outside the bounds of propriety! They don’t get so set foreign policy, whatever their best interests may be. They don’t get to do it, and they don’t get to undermine a sitting president, particularly when a sitting president knows full well he’s being undermined.

So he ignores them, lets them go through the motions of producing their talking points and getting on the call and does his own thing — and these people want to ignore the expressed will of the people who elected Trump and disqualify him, throw him out of office, impeach him, or otherwise negate his election. It’s, to me, a very concerning thing that there is so much in Washington, so much literal disdain for the will of the people, the will of the voters.

Look, you’re never gonna win every time the will of the voters is expressed. But we’re in a new era now where when the will of the voters goes against the expressed wishes of the government, the Washington establishment, look what they do. They embark — and this is new. It used to be the losers would gather themselves and find out, “What happened? Where did they lose the people? What are we gonna have to do to get ’em back?” These people couldn’t care less why people voted for Trump!

All they want to do is make fun of and mock the people who voted for Trump, and try to take that election away from them and take the next election away from them. That’s one of things. So, take it back to Bolton here. He defends these people that essentially were trying to undermine Donald Trump, because they are from the world he occupies. “He defends several of the officials who testified in the impeachment hearings — Vindman, Taylor, Fiona Hill, Tim Morrison, Marie Yovanovitch.

“‘All of them acted in the best interests of the country as they saw it and consistent to what they thought our policies were.'” Okay. So he gives himself an out. “All of them act in the best interests of the country as they saw it…” If he would have just said, “All of them acted in the best interests of the country,” period, then he would have been saying, “These are the people we should be listening to and not Trump.” He didn’t say that. So he’s given himself an out.

He’s doing a Romney here.

Romney is trying to sidle up to the people that tried to destroy him. These people have hated John Bolton his entire career, and look who he now sidles up to and defends, because, nevertheless, he’s in their world. But right in the middle of this, for any of this to happen, there has to be a degree of apathy, maybe even a full-fledged wanton disregard for public opinion. Now, do not be confused. We are not a democracy, and I don’t want anybody to think that I think that the will of the people is what determines how things happen.

But when it comes to presidential elections, that’s why there’s the Electoral College. It’s not a direct democracy election. We are a representative republic, and the Electoral College is to make sure that everybody in the country has an equal representation in a presidential election. If there were no Electoral College, two states, maybe three would be the only places presidential candidates would campaign — New York, California, Texas — and everybody else in the rest of the country would never see a presidential candidate.

Because if you can win the presidency by getting the popular vote only, that’s all you’d have to do. Well, that’s why the Electoral College is set up, to make sure that massive population centers — big cities, collections of factions within them — do not have an outright, overly unfair advantage. It’s a brilliant setup. And right in the middle of it is public opinion. Public opinion is expressed by an election and as represented by the Electoral College vote.

So we really remain where we were when Trump was campaigning and when he won. There’s very little respect for the expression of the American people in a presidential election, as well as a very obvious opinion from the people who consider themselves our betters that this country’s not this crisis. “There’s no threat. There’s no abject danger being posed by, say, the policies of one particular party,” when we clearly think that there is.

And it is this wanton disrespect for Trump — which becomes a wanton disrespect for us — that has so many people so agitated and outraged, and the people in the Beltway don’t even see it. And if they do, they don’t even care. Anyway, I’ve got a limit here. I’ve gotta go to a break. But I want to expand on this a little bit more. I feel, even now, I haven’t really hit the bull’s-eye with this. That’s why there’s three hours here.

I have all the time I need to get it right.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 07:40:37 pm »

Drive-Bys Drop Desperate Last-Minute Bombshells

Jan 31, 2020

RUSH: CNN just had a “bombshell.” You can look for this. This is gonna happen throughout the busy broadcast day. The media wants witnesses. The media is insistent that Trump be convicted. The media isn’t gonna let this go. The Democrats… Trust me on this. This witnesses business is just fodder so that after the acquittal they can dirty it up and claim it was partisan and illegitimate. But the media wants a conviction.

The media is not satisfied, and so CNN just had a blurb: “Bombshell Leak: Bolton book manuscript says Trump asked him to pressure Ukraine back in May!” Now, the phone call was in August or July. Anyway, look, now we’ve got E. Jean Carroll. I told you that the Democrats always have a “bombshell” in reserve. “Woman Who Says Trump Raped Her Seeks His DNA.”

And now there’s been a leak of the manuscript of the Bolton book, and it says that Bolton writes that Trump pressured him, asked him to help pressure Ukraine. So the media is not gonna give this up and thereby pressuring the Democrats and the Republicans and so forth ’cause we’re on the cusp here of a vote to acquit either late tonight or sometime in the morning, unless the media can stop it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: It’s all so predictable. I remember right here sitting in this very Air Chair behind this Golden EIB Microphone yesterday, and I told you that as this thing nears its end, we’re gonna get bombshell after bombshell after bombshell, and I asked (you’ll remember), “At what point do the American people finally say, ‘I don’t believe this anymore! Where was this bombshell two weeks ago? Where was this bombshell two months ago? Why now?'”

The latest bombshell is the New York Times, and it is that John Bolton writes in his book two months before the phone call between Trump and Zelensky that Trump asked Bolton “to help him mount the pressure campaign” to investigate Burisma and the Bidens or whatever else. Isn’t it amazing? Today the New York Times magically comes up with this! Rudy Giuliani is pushing back on it. This is — didn’t happen. This simply isn’t true.

But the point is that they’ve got these things in reserve, like E. Jean Carroll demanding Trump’s DNA because she says he raped her decades ago. It is all timed when the Democrats think they’re gonna lose something — the vote on witnesses or the Kavanaugh confirmation — and every one of them, to date, has blown up. Not a one of them has worked. This is the media, folks, not the Democrat Party. Now, I firmly believe the Democrat Party, they don’t want witnesses. They don’t want them.

They don’t want the whistleblower being called. They don’t want Schiff being called. They don’t want the Bidens up there. This is all being done so they can set it up and supposedly demand that with the Republicans voting it down and they can run around the rest of the year claiming, “Republicans are unfair not interested in the truth. It’s a dirty acquittal! Trump really did it. His bogus party helped him get away with it.”

It’s just a continuation of the same claim they’ve been making since the election night 2016, that Trump stole the election by colluding with Russia. It’s one of these situations where you do ask yourself, “At what point do the American people wise up?” I think we’re actually to a point where the American people are fed up already and not paying all that much attention to this.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: It’s funny. CNN is now begging John Bolton to call in! Rudy and everybody is denying this New York Times leak that Pat Cipollone, the lawyer, was involved in this pressure tactic and meeting in May. So now CNN’s begging Bolton to call in. (laughing) CNN!

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 07:41:32 pm »

Mini-Election Night: Media Freaks Out Over Prospect of Trump Acquittal

Jan 31, 2020

RUSH: There’s a guy out there named Jason Johnson.

He’s a contributor at PMSNBC, and I think the guy works for a magazine or website called The Root, R-o-o-t, and I think it’s the website established by “Skip” Gates, Harvard professor of something or other. Listen to this. “MSNBC contributor Jason Johnson on Thursday said President Donald Trump will eliminate Californians’ right to vote in the 2020 election if the Senate does not remove him from office.” Now, how the hell would Trump do this?

He says, “Imagine Donald Trump deciding sometime in June, ‘Well I heard this conspiracy theory that a whole lot of illegal immigrants voted in California so I’ve decided that during the presidential election California has to undergo extreme vetting because we can’t trust their votes. We’re going to shut down voting in [California].'” That’s what this guy’s claiming Trump will say in June, and then he said, “This is literally the kind of thing he will do now. We’re not talking hypotheticals anymore.”

We’re dealing in utter insanity. You know what this is rooted in? This is based on the fact that these people take an out-of-context quote from Trump in a conversation on ABC News about whether or not he can fire Bob Mueller, and during that interview, Trump says, “It’s right there in Article II. I can do anything I want. I can fire Mueller. I can not fire Mueller.” They’ve taken it out of context, and they’re now running around saying, “Trump says he can do anything!

“‘He can do anything he wants! He is a monarch, he’s a king, he can do anything!” He never said it. He doesn’t believe it. These people know it’s not true, but they have been so immersed in the lie of this for so long, they now believe it — and that’s the root of this. “This is literally the kind of thing he will do now. We’re not talking hypotheticals anymore.” He will simply say Californians’ presidential votes don’t count. What, and people are just gonna stand aside and let that happen? Meanwhile, who is it that’s actually trying to overturn an election?

Meanwhile, who is it that actually went out there and tried to change the Electoral College? Who is it that went out there and pressured electors in the Electoral College not to vote the way they’re required to by law, when the Electoral College convened in December of 2016? This guy, Jason Johnson, is a professor at Morgan State University. He said, “Americans should be terrified of Trump’s ability to overthrow America’s democratic system.”

Uhhh… This is insane. There’s no other way to describe this. This insane. The guy really believes it, and it’s the result of the free-flowing poison through these people’s brains and veins and arteries and everything. They’ve literally been lying and consuming so much hatred that it’s become who they are. I can easily throw it back at him. Overthrow America’s democratic system? Who was it that now admits they got FISA warrants that were illegal to spy on a presidential campaign?

Who was it that used a phony dossier put together by Russian spies, paid for by Hillary Clinton, that was the sole reason there was ever any allegation or investigation of Donald Trump? Threat to the democratic system? And you and I sit here and wonder how in hell is it that people on our side do not see the crisis that we are in the midst of and face. These are people literally attempting to commandeer the next election! They have made no bones about it.

Schiff has gone to the floor of the Senate and said (paraphrased), “You gotta get rid of Trump now before he steals the next election! We can’t leave it up to the ballot box,” and, meanwhile, these people are running around claiming it’s Trump that’s gonna tell Californians they can’t vote. That’s not what Trump’s gonna do. If Trump does anything regarding California, it’s gonna be to try to win there and just to smoke these people and send it where the sun doesn’t shine. You want to hear funny sound bite? Grab audio sound bite number 1.

We put together a montage. This is mini-election night redux. Remember the Drive-Bys election night 2016, how the coverage starts out and they’re all confident. They’re all bubbling! They’re all effervescent. They’re so excited because Trump is going down, and Hillary Clinton’s gonna be elected, and the Obama administration is gonna essentially continue — and then dark clouds of doubt begin to obscure the faces of the happy mobs of TV infobabes and anchors.

By 9 o’clock, they start to see the unbelievable, that Donald J. Trump is going to win — and they can’t believe it. They are shocked and stunned. It was one of the most fun things to watch. If you’re ever bored, go back, find it on YouTube, and watch it again. Last night was so much like that. We have a montage of the Drive-Bys when the reality hits ’em that there aren’t gonna be witnesses and that there’s gonna be an acquittal.

JOHN BERMAN: Russia, if you’re listening, 2020 is open for investigations.

MAZIE HIRONO: We are witnessing the coronation of Trump.

NORAH O’DONNELL: … the worst nightmare for Democrats.

CARL BERNSTEIN: … a travesty, a cover-up. This is something for the ages.

JEFFREY TOOBIN: … a sham, a disgrace. The Democrats failed.

BRIAN WILLIAMS: I know. I know. I know.

KIRSTEN POWERS: We just have to sit and wait four years until people vote?

JASON JOHNSON: This is step one to actual autocracy! I don’t understand how anyone cannot be terrified.

MARA GAY: Tonight is, really, a capstone and a just total collapse of faith in American institutions. It’s actually quite scary — a very scary moment.

ELLIOT WILLIAMS: It’s an insult to the American people.

PAUL BEGALA: It’s really a tragedy. This thing’s a farce. It’s a sham.

WOLF BLITZER: Right now, the Democrats look like they’re in trouble.

JAKE TAPPER: They sure do.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: We’re going to return now to our regular programming.

RUSH: (laughing) They were so sure! What did they think there was gonna be a conviction? The media, yes. The media was hell-bent on forcing this to a conviction. They thought that if they could get the witnesses that that’s the end of Trump, that’s it, because they are so deluded, they think that there are witnesses in the Trump administration who have evidence of all these crimes that they haven’t been able to prove yet.

And then when Lamar Alexander came out and said (paraphrased), “You know what? I don’t need any witnesses. We don’t need any witnesses. This thing is a farce as it is. I’m voting ‘no’ on witnesses,” the air went out of the collective media balloon. It was like a giant fart, folks. These people just lost every bit of gas that they had stored up, and you could see ’em deflate right before your very eyes — and that’s how it sounded. They really thought they were gonna get a conviction if they could just get to witnesses, just get to witnesses.

I’ll tell you, we’re not far away from the postmortem. In the postmortem, you wait and see what happened. The media is gonna start dumping on some of the House managers. They’re gonna say, “You know what? The Republicans did it right. The Republicans could have put a bunch of members of Congress up there as the president’s defense team. They could have put Jim Jordan in there, could have gone and got Ratcliffe and all that, but they didn’t do that. They went and got some topflight lawyers — and what’d the Democrats do?

“The Democrats gave us radical, partisan nincompoops — Schiff, Nadler, Zoe Lofgren, Hakeem Jeffries.” The postmortem is gonna be Adam Schiff is not the Hollywood success story everybody anticipated — and Nadler certainly isn’t. “If the Democrats had just gone out and gotten a big bunch of lawyers like Richard Ben-Veniste and others of Watergate experience to argue the case, it would have been far better.” You wait and see. When this thing settles, the media is gonna want some scalps, ’cause they have been convinced they could get a conviction in this.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 07:42:37 pm »

CNN Says Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force Is Too White

Jan 31, 2020

RUSH: CNN is, I think, now a full-fledged joke. They have been for a while. It’s not that they do things that make people realize this. They’ve gotten to the point now where they do things that confirm that they have become a total joke. They are a parody, a satire of network news. There is a tweet here: “Coronavirus task force another example of Trump administration’s lack of diversity.” They have a picture…

I’m not kidding. They have a picture of the Trump coronavirus task force meeting to deal with whatever this is, and the only thing CNN notices is how many white people are in it. I’m not kidding you. I didn’t take a screenshot for the Dittocam. I wasn’t thinking, but it doesn’t matter. (sigh) Let’s see, there are one, two, three… It’s the president and three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine people here, and they’re all white.

So CNN — just anything, anything to condemn the Trump administration — says, “Lack of diversity.” No African-Americans, no minorities in the task force dealing with the coronavirus. So, what? It’s illegitimate? So, what, it doesn’t matter? So, what? It’s not something that’s serious? We can’t take it seriously; Trump is such a racist pig? It’s just… This is the kind of stuff that is divisive and helps divide a country, not Trump, and not Republicans, not conservatives.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 09:17:22 pm »

Bolton Stands With the Unelected Bureaucrats Against the Voters

Jan 31, 2020

RUSH: Look, folks, there’s a lot going on today, and there’s something that… I was talking about this before the program with Mr. Snerdley, and as I was pontificating and opining, he said, “Boy, I hope you remember what you’re saying. This is really right on the money.” It’s nothing I haven’t said before. But it was a reaction. John Bolton’s out there. He was down in Texas. He spoke at a private gathering for an investment firm in Austin, Texas and — you may have heard this — he defended several of the people who testified from ambassadorial corps and the civil service who testified before Schiff’s committee.

Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, William Taylor, Fiona Hill (she was the British-accented speaking lady), Tim Morrison, and the ambassador, Marie Yovanovitch. Bolton said, “All of them acted in the best interest of the country as they saw it and consistent to what they thought our policies were. The idea that somehow testifying to what you think is true is destructive to the system of government we have, I think, is very nearly the reverse — the exact reverse of the truth.”

Well, the key here, as far as I’m concerned — and he’s defending his people. Folks, it is crucially important to remember that none of these people have ever been elected to anything, and so their concerns do not take into account what the American people think. Because in their world, the American people are ignorant, don’t know anything about what they do, and so public opinion is irrelevant — including the public opinion that elected Donald Trump. Even that public opinion is rejected.

So in that way, their view of foreign policy and their view of American interests have nothing to do with the fact that Trump was elected. There are two things that we have — and I’m just setting the table. I’m gonna expand on this later. There are two things that we’ve always noted here in the era of Trump, and we noted them during the campaign when it became obvious that Trump was gonna get the Republican nomination, and this stunned and shocked everybody in both parties.

And then when Trump won the election, which… Look, I’ll admit that it surprised me, but it didn’t either. I predicted. I thought that he was gonna win for a host of reasons that I’ve explained previously. But if you recall, one of the big complaints that we had was that after and during the eight years of Obama, “Nobody in our party seems to understand the country in crisis the way we think it’s in crisis: losing our culture, losing our national identity, losing the foundations and the values of our founding.”

We thought all of that was under assault and has been for a while, and then we learned that most of our party doesn’t see that at all! They didn’t see illegal immigration as any kind of a problem. They saw it as an opportunity. We saw it as something that could destroy one of the key elements that defines the United States culturally, economically, and in terms of exceptionalism and greatness — and they didn’t!

They simply didn’t see it, and they don’t now. They don’t see it. As such, how can you…? How can you miss the magical transformation from this country from mediocrity to excellence in just the past three years? They don’t see it. To them, the country is not in crisis. All of that concern is paranoia; it’s conspiracy thinking — and there’s always been that disconnect. And part of that disconnect stems from the fact that when you boil all this down, the people we’re talking about in Washington really don’t care about public opinion.

And all this time we, voters, have thought they do. For example, a party loses an election. We’ve always been under the impression (when we were younger and naive) that the party that lost an election would realize, “Hey, maybe we’re losing touch with the people. The people are the ones who vote. The people are the ones that determine what kind of party, what kind of policies are gonna lead the country — and we’re maybe out of step. We’ve gotta do something to get back in step with the people.”

Well (chuckels), that doesn’t happen, and particularly on the Democrat side. On the Democrat side, there’s nothing but pure, raw resentment. What do the Democrats do? Let’s look at this. When we lost to Obama two elections ago, what’d we do? I spent those eight years doing everything I could to inform as many people as I could reach what I thought was wrong about Obama’s policies, how I thought they were damaging. In other words, I appealed to hearts and minds.

I did everything I could to persuade people, “You can’t just vote on racial matters. You’ve gotta vote on policy. This is horrible,” and I was borne out correct. But what did we not do? We didn’t try to kick Obama out of office, and we didn’t try to say that his election was illegitimate, and we didn’t start an eight-year process to disqualify him. Okay. We lost. Why? How did we lose? I asked myself, “Why did we lose? What did we miss? How did we not reach voters?

“How did we somehow not persuade people that voted for Obama that they were making a mistake?” To me, it’s an intellectual pursuit, it’s an emotional pursuit, and it’s a daily objective. But for these people that we’re up against? Look, they lose to Trump, and what have they done the past three years? You think they care what public opinion is? They have utter disdain for it. They’re doing everything they can to overturn the election results. They couldn’t care less!

In fact, these are the people out there running around trying to dismantle the Electoral College now. Well, I think when you get to the ambassadorial corps, the civil service corps, I think you find much the same thinking. These people never face voters. They never have to get elected. They’re appointed by people who win elections — and because they never face voters, they don’t have to concern themselves with public opinion, and they don’t.

So whereas the American people en masse, a vast majority (electorally, anyway), elect Donald Trump and then turn around and see his policies undermine by a bunch of people that we didn’t elect and then we have to hear, “Well, they’re doing what they think best.” They’re outside the bounds of propriety! They don’t get so set foreign policy, whatever their best interests may be. They don’t get to do it, and they don’t get to undermine a sitting president, particularly when a sitting president knows full well he’s being undermined.

So he ignores them, lets them go through the motions of producing their talking points and getting on the call and does his own thing — and these people want to ignore the expressed will of the people who elected Trump and disqualify him, throw him out of office, impeach him, or otherwise negate his election. It’s, to me, a very concerning thing that there is so much in Washington, so much literal disdain for the will of the people, the will of the voters.

Look, you’re never gonna win every time the will of the voters is expressed. But we’re in a new era now where when the will of the voters goes against the expressed wishes of the government, the Washington establishment, look what they do. They embark — and this is new. It used to be the losers would gather themselves and find out, “What happened? Where did they lose the people? What are we gonna have to do to get ’em back?” These people couldn’t care less why people voted for Trump!

All they want to do is make fun of and mock the people who voted for Trump, and try to take that election away from them and take the next election away from them. That’s one of things. So, take it back to Bolton here. He defends these people that essentially were trying to undermine Donald Trump, because they are from the world he occupies. “He defends several of the officials who testified in the impeachment hearings — Vindman, Taylor, Fiona Hill, Tim Morrison, Marie Yovanovitch.

“‘All of them acted in the best interests of the country as they saw it and consistent to what they thought our policies were.'” Okay. So he gives himself an out. “All of them act in the best interests of the country as they saw it…” If he would have just said, “All of them acted in the best interests of the country,” period, then he would have been saying, “These are the people we should be listening to and not Trump.” He didn’t say that. So he’s given himself an out.

He’s doing a Romney here.

Romney is trying to sidle up to the people that tried to destroy him. These people have hated John Bolton his entire career, and look who he now sidles up to and defends, because, nevertheless, he’s in their world. But right in the middle of this, for any of this to happen, there has to be a degree of apathy, maybe even a full-fledged wanton disregard for public opinion. Now, do not be confused. We are not a democracy, and I don’t want anybody to think that I think that the will of the people is what determines how things happen.

But when it comes to presidential elections, that’s why there’s the Electoral College. It’s not a direct democracy election. We are a representative republic, and the Electoral College is to make sure that everybody in the country has an equal representation in a presidential election. If there were no Electoral College, two states, maybe three would be the only places presidential candidates would campaign — New York, California, Texas — and everybody else in the rest of the country would never see a presidential candidate.

Because if you can win the presidency by getting the popular vote only, that’s all you’d have to do. Well, that’s why the Electoral College is set up, to make sure that massive population centers — big cities, collections of factions within them — do not have an outright, overly unfair advantage. It’s a brilliant setup. And right in the middle of it is public opinion. Public opinion is expressed by an election and as represented by the Electoral College vote.

So we really remain where we were when Trump was campaigning and when he won. There’s very little respect for the expression of the American people in a presidential election, as well as a very obvious opinion from the people who consider themselves our betters that this country’s not this crisis. “There’s no threat. There’s no abject danger being posed by, say, the policies of one particular party,” when we clearly think that there is.

And it is this wanton disrespect for Trump — which becomes a wanton disrespect for us — that has so many people so agitated and outraged, and the people in the Beltway don’t even see it. And if they do, they don’t even care. Anyway, I’ve got a limit here. I’ve gotta go to a break. But I want to expand on this a little bit more. I feel, even now, I haven’t really hit the bull’s-eye with this. That’s why there’s three hours here.

I have all the time I need to get it right.

Support the USO