Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 30th 2020  (Read 394 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Jan. 30th 2020
« on: January 30, 2020, 06:55:01 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

It’s Almost Over: Democrats Know They’ve Been Beaten Again

Jan 30, 2020

RUSH: What did I tell you yesterday? What did I tell you? So here comes the big news. Let’s see. This is Thursday, right? So on Tuesday, late Tuesday, there’s the Drudge headline: “McConnell Says He Doesn’t Have the Votes to Stop Witnesses!” I said, “Don’t believe it. There’s some kind of a play going on here. There’s some kind of a move being made.” Lo and behold, do not doubt me, folks. It was only a matter of hours until we learned that the Republican caucus lunch…

What happened is McConnell had, I guess, a 20- or 30-minute meeting with Lisa Murkowski; then an entire caucus lunch, and they came out of there, and the news was exactly what I thought was gonna be. They don’t have four Republicans who are gonna vote for witnesses, and that’s why the Democrats… This guy from Maryland, Chris Van Hollen, tomorrow supposedly is going to make a motion to allow the chief justice to call for witnesses and the chief justice to call for documents.

We don’t know how that’s gonna go because the chief justice is obviously on the Democrat side here. It may be more proper to say that the chief justice doesn’t like Trump. I mean, this we know. The chief justice is a Never Trumper, and yesterday Rand Paul attempted to ask a question that included the name Eric Ciaramella — Eric Ciaramella is the whistleblower — and the chief justice said (paraphrased), “We’re not gonna allow that. You can’t trick me! We’re not gonna have the whistleblower’s name here.

“Everybody knows who it is, but we’re not gonna let it happen here, not on the floor of the United States Senate.” Now, let me tell you what I think is really going on here, folks. It is a little… You gotta see the stitches on the fastball here, gotta be able to see the spin on the curveball. But I want to tell you what’s going on, and if you’ve been following the Drive-By Media, this may seem not what you’re hearing. But then again, that’s why you’re here. That’s why I’m here.

That’s why you’re here, to get this unique take. There was a distinct change in mood and a distinct change in tone yesterday, and I think that the change of events is a reminder that you in this audience and a lot of people should not listen to establishment Republican squishes or the Never Trumpers. They have been advocating that Trump change his strategy, that Trump admit that it wasn’t a “perfect call,” that Trump do this and do that in the hopes of making this go away. Well, Donald Trump knows — and he’s demonstrated now for how many years running — that’s not how you deal with these people.

You don’t deal with bullies by letting ’em have a punch or two at you. The way you deal with bullies is force, and the left and their buddies in the media represent bullies in this entire four-year charade here to overturn election results of 2016. It is my contention the only thing the left understands is force, and I think they will melt if Senate Republicans just stand firm on this, and I’ll tell you why I think they’ll melt here in just a second.

But if the president had been listening to the advice that he’s getting from some of the (sigh) — well, call ’em RINOs or establishment Republicans — I think we’d be in dire straits right now. The president is not listening to them. Trump’s guys, I think, are doing one heck of a job, and they can shut this farce down by tomorrow. One thing that’s happening that you’re not gonna see reflected anywhere in the Drive-By Media: Adam Schiff is figuring out that he’s gonna be discovered and outed as a pathological liar if witnesses are called.

If witnesses are called and if we get anywhere near the entire process involving this whistleblower, Schiff knows that he is toast. Trump is gonna win this one, folks. He’s gonna win this one like he won the Mueller episode. You know a lot of people on our side didn’t think Trump was gonna beat Mueller. “Oh, my God. The forces of government are arrayed against Trump! One man can’t beat this stuff back.” But the reason we were always confident here is that they’ve never had any evidence.

Now, I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but in this case, there’s no impeachable offense. There is no high crime or misdemeanor. The whole thing is manufactured and made up. Carter Page is now finally gonna start suing Democrats, the DOJ, and the Perkins Coie law firm. It’s long overdue. Tulsi Gabbard, by the way, has tried to serve Hillary Clinton with a lawsuit. Twice Hillary Clinton refuses service. Hillary Clinton’s running around hiding from the process servers. They’ll come up with a trick. They’ll find a way to get her served.

But here’s Hillary Clinton, supposedly interested in justice and fairness. She’s out there saying that Tulsi Gabbard’s a Russian agent. Tulsi wants to sue her! Back to all this. Something is up. It looks to me… Despite the momentary glimpses you get as presented by the Drive-By Media, I think the Democrats — not all, I think some of them — are in the process here of caving while trying to disguise what they’re doing. You know the inspector general… There ere 18 witnesses that Schiff had in his underground bunker there where Republicans got no witnesses.

There were 18. We’ve only heard from 17 of them, and the witnesses we didn’t hear from was the inspector general testimony. That has been redacted. If that testimony ever gets out… Schiff knows he’s lied about Ciaramella, the whistleblower. Schiff knows that he has lied from the very beginning. Schiff knows that he was instrumented in establishing the whistleblower. He was instrumented in directing the whistleblower. He was instrumental in structuring the whole thing — and he knows that if that comes out, if the beans get spilled on that, then what’s next?

The beans are gonna get spilled on the Biden caper. The Democrats have so much at stake here. They want to make it look like it’s Trump who is at great risk, but it is the Democrats. Schiff is at great risk if he values his credibility and his reputation, and so is Biden. I don’t think, at the end of the day, either of those two actually want anything they’ve done in this regard to be exposed. Now, they’ll be huffing and puffing about the need for witnesses and the bias of Republicans and the fact that Republicans don’t want to get to the truth.

But that’s just huffing and puffing. Schumer was so out of control today that Fox News cut away from his press conference. (impression) “We are faced, going forward, with the very kind and nature of government we were going to have if Donald Trump cannot be removed from office.” He didn’t say that but it’s what he means. “If Donald Trump cannot be removed from office, we may not ever be able to keep the kind of government we have.”

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. So the bottom line here: I’m not sure. I don’t think they have the votes to call witnesses, and I think they know it — and I think that what isn’t being reported and probably nobody will ever admit. But I think there are a lot of people on the left, Democrats, secretly happy about this. When this is all over, folks, just like all the rest of this stuff has been over, it is Adam Schiff who’s gonna look stupid. It is Adam Schiff who is going to be exposed. You know, one thing about Trump.

They ridicule the fact that he watches Fox News and that he comments on what’s happening on Fox News. But Trump is a TV expert and veteran. He can spot TV reality potential. The people he has brought on to represent him are pretty good on TV. They know how to use television far better than the Democrats do. The Democrats don’t want to put Hunter Biden up there. The Democrats don’t want Joe Biden talking about this at all. Remember the best thing about this.

One of the best things about this going on right now is the slow strangulation of the Biden candidacy and the ascendancy of Crazy Bernie. This has got the Democrats so worked up, they don’t know what to do about it, folks! I didn’t think Crazy Bernie had a chance. Now it’s getting close to 50-50 he might make it, and Trump can beat him easily. Bernie is a nasty, snarly guy. He’s a nag. He has leeched off government his whole life. It’s a slam dunk, and they know it. They’re worried!

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s Pelosi. I guess this is at a press conference — yeah, weekly press briefing — just today. It’s only eight seconds long, but this makes my point in my in-depth analysis in the previous half hour.

PELOSI: Well, he will not be acquitted. You cannot be acquitted if you don’t have a trial, and you don’t have a trial if you don’t have witnesses and documentation.

RUSH: That’s the best they’ve got now. (impression) “He’s not gonna be acquitted in a trial because you don’t have a trial” unless you have witnesses and documentation.” What did I tell you? They’re trying to dirty up the acquittal. That’s all they can do here.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 30th 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:55:45 pm »

The New Abnormal: Ted Koppel and Walter Isaacson Have Lost Their Minds

Jan 30, 2020

RUSH: Let me show you how wacko these people are getting.

Grab sound bites number 19 and 20. Tuesday on PBS, Christiane Amanpour has a show. She’s all over the place. She’s at CNN. She’s over in the Middle East. She’s in the U.K. She’s doing foreign policy stuff. She’s a journalist and expert in foreign policy. She’s interviewing for her show Amanpour & Company. Walter Isaacson and Ted Koppel, former moderator, host of Nightline. Here’s the question to Ted Koppel: “Do you think there is any way that the country gets back to what I guess you and I would call ‘the old normal’?”

KOPPEL: Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that whoever the Democratic candidate is defeats Donald Trump in November. Do you think he will be a gracious loser? Do you think that he will accept defeat and reach out the hand of friendship to whoever is going to replace him? I don’t think so. Can I see Donald Trump at that point making the argument that, uh, the election was stolen? Possibility. And I think there are, unfortunately, millions of people in this country today who would respond to that. Could it lead to violence? Yes, it could!

RUSH: Donald Trump is the guy they’re trying to throw out of office, claiming that he stole the election, claiming that he colluded with Russia, claiming that he was a traitor. It’s all been found to be baseless, and now her they are speculation, “If Trump loses, he’s not gonna leave. He’s gonna become Hitler! If Trump loses, he not gonna leave and he’s gonna accuse the election — he’s gonna accuse the whole thing of being rigged. He will not be gracious!” You know, it’s stunning. Back in the campaign of 2016 — the last debate, I think it was, Clinton and Trump.

They asked Trump (paraphrased exchange), “Will you tell us right now…?” It’s like a week or two before the election. “Will you tell us tonight that if you lose the election, that you will concede and you will go away?” And Trump said, “Hell, no. I’m not gonna tell you that tonight. I’m not gonna let you have a headline that says, ‘Trump Concedes Election in Final Debate.'” Trump was smart enough not to fall for that question, and Hillary made a big deal from that point on about how Trump is a threat to democracy.

“Why, he will not accept it if he loses! You just heard him say it. You just heard him! He will not accept losing. If he loses the election, he will not accept it,” and then look at what happened. Hillary loses, and she still hasn’t accepted it. Hillary loses and the Democrats still haven’t accepted it. Hillary loses and the Democrats are still trying to reverse it, and yet now three years later, here is Ted Koppel speculating that if Trump loses, he won’t leave. But how about this question?

(impression) “Uh, do you think there is any way that the country gets back to what I guess you and I would call ‘the old normal’?” What is “the old normal”? You and I all know what “the old normal” is: The Washington establishment running things with very little input from the American people. That’s what really upsets them. The American people have too much say in what’s going on here by virtue of electing Donald Trump, and Donald Trump’s committing one of the greatest sins in politics. He’s actually doing what he said he was gonna do!

He’s fulfilling promises and he’s doing what the American people elected him to do. He’s representing them, and he’s improving the country on their behalf for everybody. Why is that not a great new normal, folks? Why is unemployment at a 50-year low not a great new normal? Why is rising incomes, particularly in the lower income groups, why is that not a great new normal? Why is America now being a net exporter of energy no longer dependent on foreign oil, why is that not the great new normal? Why is reduced illegal immigration not a great new normal?

Why isn’t all of the improvements that have happened in this country culturally, socially, economically, why are all of those things not the great new normal? What the hell “normal” do these people want to return to. Barack Hussein O? Let me find something here, folks, a quick headline. Time is just racing by. We got Vice President Pence on the program from Iowa, by the way, in the next hour. Here, look at this. Look at this. “U.S. Life Expectancy Increases for the First Time Since Obama Left Office.”

Okay, the headline doesn’t really say that but that’s what it means. Let me read you the real headline: “U.S. Life Expectancy Increases for the First Time in Four Years.” Well, what happened four years ago? Obama lost and he got out of there. Why isn’t this a great new normal? U.S. life expectancy increases! Why? “Fatal drug overdoses dropped in 2018 for the first time in nearly 30 years. Cancer related deaths also declined.” Life expectancy — one of the greatest things about the human condition in free countries.

The standard of living, life expectancy increased off of the in four years. Do you realize life expectancy was declining during the Obama administration? Why is this not a great new normal instead of something we have to abandon and go back to something that was not nearly as good. We have time? Yeah. Here’s Walter Isaacson. He was on the same show. This the guy that wrote the biography of Steve Jobs. He’s written a lot of biographies. I know Walter Isaacson. He used to run CNN.

He tried to hire me to do stuff there ’til people found out about it; then he needed security in his own building to get from his office to the commissary without being mauled by his own staff. He runs something called the Aspen Institute. Listen to this. The question is, “Do you think there is any way that the country gets back to what I guess you and I would call ‘the old normal’?” and Koppel says (summarized), “I don’t think Trump’s gonna leave if he loses. I think he gonna a big problem!” That’s when Isaacson joins in…

ISAACSON: Your family, your parents escaped Germany I think in 1937.

KOPPEL: Yes.

ISAACSON: Got to England. Is that comparison in any way valid?

KOPPEL: I don’t think so. No. There is still something unique about America and the many, many voices… I mean, so far, at least. That’s why it bothered me so much when some people on the left began talking early on about “the resistance.” We’re nowhere near that in this country yet. And, no, I don’t see that yet. Is it possible? It’s not beyond possibility that we could slide more in that direction. But do I see a precise parallel with Nazi Germany? I do not.

RUSH: Do you believe this? These clowns are actually discussing whether or not Trump represents the United States on a trajectory that would take us back to Nazi Germany. Koppel, thank goodness, says, “Not yet.” But he reserves the right to change his mind. These people are losing their minds.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 07:31:30 pm »

Mexico Deports 2,000 Caravan Migrants

Jan 30, 2020

RUSH: Now let me give you another example here of why what’s happening now is a great new normal, in addition to life expectancy up for the first time in four years and all the other economic news that I cited. Yet here’s Christiane Amanpour lamenting (impression), “Why can’t we go back to the good whatever the old normal was?” back when those people ran the show and were running the country into stagnation. Try this story:

“Mexico Deports More than 2,000 Caravan Migrants to Honduras — The Mexican government announced it has so far deported more than 2,000 members of the latest migrant caravan, demonstrating the seriousness of [Mexico]’s newfound enforcement of illegal immigration.” Let me ask you: Who else but Donald Trump would have even tried to make Mexico act responsibly like this? There’s not another American politician who would have even tried this.

There’s not a single American politician that would have leaned on Mexico to stop anybody coming through their country on the way to the United States. Donald Trump is the only politician who said he would do it, and he’s done it. “The National Migration Institute and the Mexican National Guard commissioned eight chartered planes and 34 buses to remove the members of the migrant caravan. Roughly 1,064 Hondurans were deported by ground transportation, while another 1,239 were deported by aircraft.”

A pull quote from the story: “Mexico has nonetheless made it clear that its territory won’t be used as transit for illegal aliens to reach the U.S.” (repeats) “Mexico has made it clear…” This is the day after the NAFTA replacement signed into law at the White House by President Trump. Why isn’t this part of a burgeoning new normal? Well, I mean, the question answers itself.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 07:59:55 pm »

Old Clips Undermine Bolton’s Credibility

Jan 30, 2020

RUSH: Now, let’s get to the Bolton business, because everybody’s heard the discovered video interview with John Bolton, Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty. It was on their website. It’s been there since last August. It’s been there since last August. It took some people awhile to dig it out.

I guess Radio Free Europe and the Radio Liberty websites are not visited often by people. So we’ve done two things with this. The first sound bite here is Bolton talking about Trump’s call with Zelensky. Now, let me put this in perspective just to make sure you know. Trump is characterized the call as “perfect,” everything on it was fine. There were 20 people on the call, folks. There were 20 people monitoring the call. It happened in… I guess it was July or early August. The dates run together.

It wasn’t until a bunch of other efforts to get Trump bombed out that they went to this whistleblower. Vindman tells Ciaramella about the phone call. Ciaramella then goes and tells Schiff about it. They characterize it as shocking, terrifying, frightening. “Oh, my God, I can’t believe what our president did!” Trump releases the transcript and blows that sky-high. There’s nothing to see. So now the effort to mischaracterize what Trump said. “He’s engaging in bribery! He’s trying to further advance his own political interests by sabotaging Plugs’s 2020 campaign.”

All of that surfaces and takes on a life of its own. Then Bolton’s book vetted by the NSC, and an anonymous source leaks to the New York Times that John Bolton said that Trump did indeed tell him that he wanted to withhold aid to Ukraine until they did their investigation of Plugs. But he didn’t withhold aid. Ukraine got the money. You know the drill. Well, so now, given what the leak and the New York Times has Bolton saying, here’s Bolton — everybody’s believing — hating Trump, just savaging Trump, just destroying Trump.

Here’s is Bolton characterizing call — and there are two of them — as he heard them.

BOLTON: I will be meeting President Zelensky. He and President Trump have already spoken twice. President called to congratulate President Zelensky on his election and then on his success in the parliamentary election. They were very warm and cordial calls. We’re hoping that they’ll be able to meet in Warsaw and have a few minutes together. Uh, because the success of Ukraine maintaining its freedom, its system of representative government, a free-market economy free of corruption — and dealing with the problems of the Donbass and the Crimea — are high priorities here, obviously, but high priorities for the United States as well.

RUSH: All right. So as far as Bolton was concerned, nothing happened here on this phone call. Both of them were perfectly fine, made perfect sense. He’s hoping that Trump and Zelensky get together in Warsaw. The success of Ukraine maintaining it’s freedom, system of representative government, free-market economy free of corruption, all high priorities. Now, what we’ve done next is we’ve put together an A-B, side-by-side montage of Bolton and Trump’s description of the call. You’ll hear Bolton and then Trump, Bolton and then Trump.

Let’s do this here and let’s see how they match up.

BOLTON: He and President Trump have already spoken.

THE PRESIDENT: That call was perfect.

BOLTON: The president called to congratulate President Zelensky on his election and on his success in the parliamentary election.

THE PRESIDENT: It couldn’t have been nicer.

BOLTON: They were very warm —

THE PRESIDENT: People said, “I never knew you could be so nice.”

BOLTON: — and cordial calls.

THE PRESIDENT: When you see the readout of the call, you’ll understand. That call was perfect. That was a perfect call.

RUSH: They kind of lined up there, folks, with the way Trump characterized the call. Of course, the transcript’s been released anyway; so now you’ve got all kinds of people saying, “Oh, wait a minute. Then when did Bolton say that Trump actually did want to withhold the aid?” I mean, this bite from Bolton in the interview with Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty doesn’t jibe. You might say, “Well, he’s lying in one of the two.’

Okay, that doesn’t… If he’s lying in one of the two, then he’s lying somewhere. So here comes a witness that already — before he even shows up — may have a credibility problem. There’s another flashback video. Let’s go back to 2010. Fox Business Network. The name of the show is Freedom Watch, hosted by the human Eddie Munster — that’d be Judge Andrew Napolitano — and Judge Nap said, “Do diplomats simply and regularly tell lies?”

BOLTON: Never forget what the great French diplomat Talleyrand once said, foreign minister of France in the Napoleon era. He said, “A diplomat is a statesman sent out to lie for his country.” Winston Churchill said during World War II that “in wartime, truth is so important, it should be surrounded by a bodyguard of lies.”

NAPOLITANO: You would lie in order to preserve the truth?

BOLTON: If I had to say something I knew was false to protect American national security, I would do it.

RUSH: This is the witness that they want. Look, what he’s saying here is right on the money. I don’t want anybody misunderstanding me, and I’ve got no axe to grind with Bolton. As I have mentioned over the course of the past, the recent days, I’ve known him. I’ve had dinner with him a couple times. I’ve always admired him, and I always thought he was on, quote-unquote, “our side.” So all of this was kind of puzzling to me.

But, you know, you throw somebody an opportunity to make big money when they’ve never made big money in their life, and it’s a big inducement, folks. It is a huge inducement. In fact, do you know what I saw? It’s something unrelated. I saw… Who was it? Mark Cuban, Shark Tank, Dallas Mavericks. He said (paraphrased), “If Meghan Markle and what’s his name — yeah, Prince Harry. If they play it right, they could end up with a billion dollars.” For what? If they play it right? I have no doubt that he’s right about that.

There’s all kinds of people that will lavish these people with billions or millions, hundreds of millions of dollars to get ’em to do what they want because they’re considered to be great influencers. I’m just telling you… What about the possibility that the lure of that kind of money makes these two want to say to the royal family, “Screw you”? So my point is, if somebody comes along and offers Bolton a huge amount of money to do a book — and you’ve worked for government all your life, and you haven’t yet parlayed that into big money in the private sector — it’s a powerful influencer on its own.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let’s go back to 2005 on Crossfire. Remember that old show? Schiff was on Crossfire in 2005 talking about Bolton.

SCHIFF: Particularly given the history, uh, where we’ve had the politicization of intelligence over WMD, why we would pick someone, uh, who the very same, uh, issue has been raised repeatedly, and that is John Bolton’s politicization of the intelligence he got on Cuba and on other the other issues. Why would we want someone with that lack of credibility, I can’t understand.

RUSH: Exactly, Schiff! (chuckling) So back in 2005… Now, admittedly, it’s 15 years ago, but Schiff is attacking Bolton. No credibility. He was involved in this WMD hoax! By the way, the “politicization of intelligence over WMD”? Remember the…? People have forgotten, and I’ll remind you of my previously expressed speculation — and that’s what it is. Knowing what I know now and knowing what I’ve seen now, you go back. Weapons of mass destruction were a reason we had to go get rid of Saddam, right?

After 9/11, we had to go to Iraq. They had weapons of mass destruction! They had nerve gas. They had chemical warfare agents. They had… Oh, it was horrible stuff — and the intelligence agencies all over the Free World were in agreement. The CIA, the DIA, the NSA, MI5, MI6, all of the U.K., all of the Western European democracy intelligence services — every one of them — agreed: Weapons of mass destruction. There weren’t any to speak of.

Who was profoundly humiliated and embarrassed ’cause of it? George W. Bush. He believed them. What are the odds? They didn’t like Bush winning. They didn’t like Bush beating Gore. They didn’t like Bush winning the Supreme Court stopping the recount in Florida — and now here Schiff talking about the politicization of weapons of mass destruction, how we can’t trust people like Bolton. Now he wants to call him as the star witness!

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 08:00:28 pm »

Vice President Pence Calls Us from Iowa

Jan 30, 2020

RUSH: We have the vice president with us. Mike Pence joins us from Iowa. Mr. VP, welcome to the EIB Network, sir. Great to have you back here.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Rush Limbaugh, it is great to be with you on the campaign bus in western Iowa looking out at the snow-filled plains. We just had a great rally this morning. I’m gonna meet up with the president tonight in Des Moines. But I got tell you, the enthusiasm out here for the president and his agenda is overwhelming. We are excited to be in this election year and excited to be here in the first in the nation state.

RUSH: Now, I know that the Iowa Caucuses are both parties, but you don’t have any the challengers there. So what are you actually doing in Iowa, Mr. Vice President?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, I think you know, the president and I felt it was really important for us to be here in Iowa. Obviously, the caucuses are just a few days away and the nation’s attention will turn here. But we wanted to make sure that while most of the media will be focused on the Democrat field, that people across Iowa support President Donald Trump. They support the agenda that he’s delivered, a stronger national defense, delivered on the largest trade deal in American history, signed into law. I mean, Governor Kim Reynolds is here, a popular conservative governor. She’s traveling with me and with the president today. The people of Iowa support President Donald Trump, and while the attention will be on the Democrat caucus, we want to make sure people know we’re gonna be campaigning and we know the people of Iowa are gonna say yes to four more years of President Donald Trump come November 2020.

RUSH: I had a call earlier this week. You know, a lot of people are paying attention — well, actually a lot of people aren’t. But some of the people who are paying attention to the trial called me —

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Yup.

RUSH: — and were asking me how I think the president was dealing with it, and I said, “Well, where is the president today?” I said, “Where was Richard Nixon during Watergate?” They said, “He was in the White House.” I said, “Where’s President Trump?” “Uh, in the White House?”

THE VICE PRESIDENT: (chuckling)

RUSH: “No, no, he’s not in the White House. He’s out doing his job.” Exactly. The trade deal you’re talking about, the Middle East peace deal.

RUSH: This is something that, you know, the media hasn’t given a lot of coverage. You’ve been doing some amazing things, not just this week but the week prior and the days and months prior.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Rush, you know this president. I can tell your millions of listeners: He never stops. He gets up every day and fights to keep the promises he made to the American people. Look, this impeachment trial starts in the Senate. The president went over to Europe, spoke at Davos and gave a speech about the booming American economy and our agenda of less taxes, less regulation, more American energy, and free and fair trade. And as you said, I mean, look at the history-making announcement this week when the president outlined a bold vision for peace in the Middle East.

And then yesterday (chuckles) on the South Lawn of the White House, again — you know, I say it again — it was the largest trade deal in American history. It’s going to create hundreds of thousands of jobs in the early going, and it also is gonna make it possible as we continue negotiations with China. We just started. You know, we did a phase 1 deal with China earlier this month.

As we negotiate with China, as we negotiate with the U.K. after they get out of Brexit tomorrow, deal with the E.U., what the president has shown is he’s willing to deal in trading relations with countries around the world, but it’s gotta be free and fair; it’s gotta be reciprocal — and the USMCA I think stands as a shining testament to this president’s determination to fight for American jobs and American farmers.

RUSH: Well, you know, there are two stories just today, Mr. Vice President. One of them: “Mexico Has Deported over 2,000 Caravan Migrants Back to Honduras.” There’s not an American politician in my lifetime who could have forced Mexico to ever do something like this. They tried to put another caravan here, come here and flood the country illegally. Mexico refused to let them.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Yeah.

RUSH: And then there’s a story: “Life Expectancy Is on the Rise in America for the First Time in Four Years.” Now, what’s the common denominator in these stories? Donald Trump.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, that’s right. (chuckling) I mean, look, the American economy is booming. Businesses large and small created seven million jobs. But I gotta tell you what’s most exciting to me and the president — and I just was talking about this at an event in Sioux City, Iowa — wages are rising across the board, most rapidly than in a decade, and they’re rising the fastest for blue-collar, hardworking Americans. I mean, people have more money in their pockets. The average family: $5,000 in disposable income. People are (garbled cell). But you talk about Mexico. You know, remember where we were a year ago, Rush, where we were in the middle of a government shutdown?

RUSH: Yeah.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: We were being told tens of thousands of illegal immigrants were surging across our border every month. The Democrats were saying it was “a manufactured crisis,” and this president… It was a year ago. This president declared an emergency on our southern border, began to build the wall and then made it clear… I was in those negotiations. He said to Mexico (chuckling), “Look, we’re gonna start tariffing goods coming in from Mexico unless you take action to secure your southern border and secure ours.”

And as I sit here today — I just told people in Iowa — apprehensions on our southern border in the last six months are down 70%, and we’ve just marked the first hundred miles of that new border wall. This president is delivering. He’s delivering real results on our economy, on border security, national security, and the American people know it. And then the enthusiasm I saw at an early-morning rally in Sioux City gives evidence of the fact. We’re gonna win Iowa. We’re gonna win four more years for President Donald Trump in November 2020.

RUSH: I think there’s a new normal being established here that is just absolutely fabulous, and it’s happened rapidly. There’s… You know, one of the things that you and the administration have done, if I may opine here, is that many people have grown accustomed to the Washington excuse, “Things happen slow, Rush. You can’t expect big changes overnight.”

RUSH: “It’s a big ship. It takes a long time to make these turns, turn ’em around, go the other direction.”

RUSH: Well, you guys have nuked that. You guys have demonstrated that if you really want to change things, and for the better, you can do it — and he’s done it without a whole lot of support from the other party. He’s done it despite this effort to throw him out of office. It’s incredible when you stop and think about it, and I don’t mean to be sucking up here at all. I’m telling what I really think about this.

RUSH: It’s phenomenal what has been accomplished here, and why can’t this become the new normal? Why can’t this become what the United States is: Make America Great Again, put America first. This is exactly what President Trump was elected to do.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, I think what you’re talking about is leadership, is that here was a president that said, “Look, we’ve got an economy that had grown by less than 2% for the last eight years, slowest economic recovery since the Great Depression. He said, “We can do better.” We took decisive action, worked with partners in Congress, turned the economy around. He said, “We’ve gotta have a strong military again.” Largest increase in our national defense since the days of Ronald Reagan. The action that he’s taken with regard to border security and Mexico.

I mean, one step after another, this president has fulfilled what I think is — in so many ways — what the founders created in the executive branch. One of the terms I remember, I think it might have been Alexander Hamilton, he talked about having… They wanted to create what they called “an energetic executive,” the ability of the president to deal with national challenges and opportunities from national security to prosperity.

And what the American people have had in the last three years — despite unprecedented opposition, obstruction, resistance, and this partisan impeachment effort — what the American people witnessed is a leader who has been willing to step forward, confront problems, take action. And the results really speak for themselves: An economy that’s booming; an America that’s more secure, more respected around the world than any time in my lifetime.

RUSH: Vice President Mike Pence is with us. Before I let you go, you brought up impeachment. Can I ask you…?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Sure.

RUSH: You’re in Iowa today. You’re on a bus tour.

RUSH: Is anybody asking you about it?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Nobody.

RUSH: How many people are asking you about it — I mean, detailed questions about it?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Nobody.

RUSH: “Do you think they’re gonna need witnesses? Is the president gonna be acquitted?” Is anybody asking you about this?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No.

RUSH: I’m talking about the public that you encounter.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Rush, they’re not. And, you know, as I travel around… What the president and I tend to do, he’ll do a big rally at the end of the day, invite me to be part of it. Then I get on this bus that I’m on right now, and we travel around the state beforehand, you know, and I get to stop at diners. I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago, and I stopped at a couple of different diners, and in the course of the entire day, I had one person bring up this partisan impeachment, one person.

And all they said to me was just tell the president just get this thing done with. We’ve just gotta move on. I mean, the American people know what’s going on here. They can read the transcript. They can see the president did nothing wrong. There was no quid pro quo. Ukraine not only got the aid in September. But, frankly, they know that this administration, different from the last administration, actually gave Ukraine Javelin missiles, the ability to defend themselves against Russian insurgents, Russian tanks.

All the facts are known here, and I just… (chuckling) The only time it ever comes up is when people are saying, “Get on with it, get this over with,” and I just… I think what the American people want is for the president… You know, they got their questions, I guess, again today. But the Senate should finish their work, they should acquit the president, and then let’s get back to work on a stronger, more secure, more prosperous America.

RUSH: Well, the new Democrat theme today… You may not be aware of it unless you’ve been briefed. But the new Democrat theme is, “You can’t have an acquittal without witnesses. You can’t have a trial without witnesses.” That’s Pelosi and Schiff. So I think they’re waving the white flag on it.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Yeah, Rush? Rush? Rush, they had 17 witnesses!

RUSH: Yeah, I know. (chuckling) I know.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: They had 17 witnesses in the House of Representatives. I mean, they have no case — and despite the fact they rushed this through, no due process for the president of the United States.

RUSH: Exactly.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Couldn’t have lawyers present. Couldn’t call witnesses. They jammed this thing through before Christmas. They said it was an overwhelming case, and after sitting on it for a month, all the American people have heard from the Democrats is how they need more witnesses; they need more evidence. You know, look, the Senate’s got a process underway. They’ll finish that process today with questions. But I think… Everybody I talk to around the country, including people that I saw here in Iowa this morning, they want the Senate to finish their work.

Finish their questions. Let’s acquit the president, and let’s get back to work on making this economy even more prosperous, making our country even more secure. And that’s what the president… I promise you, he has worked on that every single day since he came off that platform on Inauguration Day. He’s been delivering for the American people. But it’s time that Congress got back to work on the issues that matter most to the American people.

RUSH: Thank you, Mr. Vice President, for your time. It’s always great. Any time you want to come on, you’re welcome. Thank you, sir.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Thanks, Rush. Great to be with you from Iowa, and it’s gonna be a big night with the president in Des Moines. Thanks for having me.

RUSH: Mike Pence, vice president of the United States. Thank you, sir.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 08:27:20 pm »

The Slow Strangulation of the Biden Campaign

Jan 30, 2020

RUSH: I wanted to, as part of the analysis that I was digging deep into in the previous hour in which I believe that the Democrats actually are signaling they want this to end or they are signaling they know it’s going to… You know, the Pelosi sound bite. (angrily) “You can’t have a trial without witnesses. You can’t have an acquittal without witnesses!” Where was this before the trial began? And then Schiff’s out there echoing it. But I’m telling you, they don’t want witnesses. They don’t want the whistleblower. They don’t want Schiff being connected to this.

They don’t want that being demonstrated or shown, and I just have thought from the beginning of the week that this was going to end by tomorrow or sometime this weekend so these Democrat candidates can get out there and try to put brakes on Crazy Bernie in Iowa. So let’s take a look at Plugs because this whole trial here, this entire impeachment is featuring a side effect that I don’t think the Democrats calculated. I think they’re really off their game.

I think they have been poisoned by this rage and hatred they have, and they’ve got tunnel vision. They’re all just 150% focused on damaging Trump, getting rid of Trump to the point they’re out of control on it, and they don’t see the ramifications of their actions. They live in a different world where the media tells them they’re wonderful and great and that they’re winning every day. The media tells them that they are triumphing every day. The media tells them they’re outsmarting everybody every day.

The media’s doing everything they can to create the illusion that these Democrats — Schiff and Nadler and all the rest of them — are running rings around everybody else when it’s the exact opposite. So, the slow strangulation of the Plugs Biden candidacy. When a political party’s most electable candidate is gaffe prone, when he is corrupt — and Biden is corrupt, and it goes way beyond just his kid and Burisma and Ukraine. When a political party’s most electable candidate is memory impaired, when a political party’s most electable candidate admits that he needs a younger and more healthy VP, which Plugs admitted this week…

Plugs admitted that he’s an old guy, needs a younger and more vibrant VP! And when the Democrats’ most electable candidate is somebody that the former boss, Obama, will not endorse, well, then things can get dicey. Joe Biden has the most grueling year of his life ahead of him. He does not have the strongest donor base. Joe Biden, by the same token, cannot finance his own campaign.

Nobody is afraid of Joe Biden on a debate stage. Now, nobody knows how things are gonna play out, but this is not exactly the killer resume that you would want for somebody to go into battle and defeat Donald Trump, especially when fellow Democrats running for president can hammer old Joe on his family that magically became wealthy when old Joe was vice president.

Support the USO