Author Topic: Backdoor Attack on Second Amendment Through Credit Card Transactions  (Read 812 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New American by  Bob Adelmann 1/27/2020

Representative Jennifer Wexton (D-Va.) has devised another way to attack the rights of law-abiding gun owners: tracking their purchases of firearms using credit cards.

The core of her bill (H.R. 5132, the Gun Violence Prevention Through Financial Intelligence Act) seems, on the surface, innocuous enough:

To request information for financial institutions for the purpose of developing an advisory about the identification and reporting of suspicious activity … relating to how homegrown violent extremists and perpetrators of domestic terrorism procure firearms … for the purpose of carrying out “lone actor” or “lone wolf” acts of terror within the United States.

Said Wexton when introducing her bill:

Banks, credit card companies, and retailers have unique insight into the behavior and purchasing patterns that can help identify and prevent mass shootings. We know that financial intelligence can be an effective tool to combat gun violence in the same way it is for money laundering, human smuggling, and fentanyl trafficking.

More: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/34730-backdoor-attack-on-second-amendment-through-credit-card-transactions

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: Backdoor Attack on Second Amendment Through Credit Card Transactions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 02:44:29 am »
They will probe and exploit any and every way they can to deny you and I our 2A rights.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 02:50:26 am »
Why anyone would buy a gun over the counter is entirely beyond me.

Cash money, from the street. Only two of mine were bought new, and I regret that. Even optics and such... cash money, no record.

If they ever come looking, they will know very little ahead of time.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 02:58:20 am »
Why anyone would buy a gun over the counter is entirely beyond me.

Cash money, from the street. Only two of mine were bought new, and I regret that. Even optics and such... cash money, no record.

If they ever come looking, they will know very little ahead of time.

I guess it depends on who runs the shop. 

My LGS in Louisville is run by two former USAF Security Forces bubbas and a former firearms instructor for the Kentucky State Police.  LMPD officers buy from them all the time.  If you hang around and listen to the chitchat when the LMPD officers are in the building...you can hear the contempt they have for the Progressive leadership that runs the city.

I feel very secure buying from that establishment and giving them my business.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:59:24 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 05:06:37 am »
I guess it depends on who runs the shop. 

My LGS in Louisville is run by two former USAF Security Forces bubbas and a former firearms instructor for the Kentucky State Police.  LMPD officers buy from them all the time.  If you hang around and listen to the chitchat when the LMPD officers are in the building...you can hear the contempt they have for the Progressive leadership that runs the city.

I feel very secure buying from that establishment and giving them my business.

All well and good... But just for sh*t and giggles, pick up a few off the record... Call it options. If it ain't proper there, take a vacation out west and bring home some souvenirs.

My main toys are triplicated... Not really for any reason than necessity... But still the same applies...
Almost all of it is off the record, and 2/3 of it ain't here.