Author Topic: GOP Rep. Doug Collins to run for Georgia Senate seat  (Read 171 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Doug Collins to run for Georgia Senate seat
« on: January 28, 2020, 02:52:49 pm »
GOP Rep. Doug Collins to run for Georgia Senate seat

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., who has been one of President Trump's staunchest defenders through the impeachment process, is expected to announce that he will run for U.S. Senate.

Collins, as reported Monday by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Politico, will attempt to oust current GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who was appointed to her seat last year by Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. The conservative Collins, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, was Trump’s preferred choice for the appointment. Trump supporters had criticized Loeffler as too moderate.

Loeffler, a wealthy co-owner of the Atlanta Dream, a WNBA franchise, has said she would spend $20 million to retain her seat. But she will likely face a tough battle against the popular Collins.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-doug-collins-to-run-for-georgia-senate-seat

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP Rep. Doug Collins to run for Georgia Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:54:00 pm »
Excellent news!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien