Author Topic: Laos Sentences Eight Members of Mr. X Drug Ring to Death  (Read 326 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Laos Sentences Eight Members of Mr. X Drug Ring to Death
« on: January 28, 2020, 04:19:40 am »
Laos Sentences Eight Members of Mr. X Drug Ring to Death

Konpasong, one of the eight members of Mr. X's drug ring sentenced to death Jan. 23, 2020, is pictured in an undated photo.

Authorities in Laos last week sentenced eight people to death for their roles in connection with the major Southeast Asian drug ring run by drug kingpin Xaysana Keopimpha, better known as Mr. X.

Fourteen others connected with the ring were handed sentences ranging from two to 20 years.

A clerk at the Vientiane People’s Court confirmed the death sentences to RFA’s Lao Service Monday.

See more at: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/laos/laos-mr-x-drug-ring-8-death-penalty-01272020154027.html

The Hmong are from Laos, I'm relieved to see there are no Hmong names among those sentenced to death. I have seen those long styled Laotian names. I think Thailand has those kinds of names too.

There are something like 29 Hmong "Clans", so there's virtually only 29 Hmong last names, names like Xiong, Lee, Vang, Yang, Vu. I can't think of others at the moment.  (And this all pertains to the "White" Hmong clan out of Laos. There are blue Hmong, flowery Hmong, black Hmong. It all has to do with the clothing colors.

I have read about this Mr. X before. There may have been a prior article on him.

Talk about rough places and cartels. The Golden Triangle must be pretty bad.

@sneakypete   I have a book on the Montagnards in Vietnam, speaking of tribal people.  I've never read it, it was about experiences with them in the war. I have seen them mentioned in this forum.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:24:29 am by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

Re: Laos Sentences Eight Members of Mr. X Drug Ring to Death
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 04:42:40 am »
That's how you fight a War on Drugs, folks.