Author Topic: Updated: Reports: U.S. Military Aircraft Crashes in Taliban-Held Eastern Afghanistan  (Read 850 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Afghan passenger plane crashes in Taliban-held eastern area
The number of people on board and their fate was not immediately known, nor was the cause of the crash.
Associated Press

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) -- A passenger plane from Afghanistan's Ariana Airlines crashed Monday in a Taliban-held area of the eastern Ghazni province, local officials said.

Arif Noori, spokesman for the provincial governor, said the plane went down around 1:10 p.m. local time (8:40 a.m. GMT) in Deh Yak district, which is held by the Taliban. Two provincial council members also confirmed the crash.

However, Ariana Airlines told The Associated Press that none of its planes have crashed in Afghanistan, according to Mirwais Mirzakwal, the company's acting director. The state-owned airline also released a statement on its website saying all its aircraft were operational and safe.

Read more at: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/afghan-passenger-plane-crashes-taliban-eastern

The airline denies any crash, so this story is very sketchy at the moment.

Afghanistan Press coverage:   https://www.khaama.com/breaking-ariana-plane-crashes-in-ghazni-fearing-dead-79889076/

I don't get this, denying any airliner even crashed.  I hope there was no crash. I haven't seen a story like this in a while.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:50:23 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

There really is a mystery about this plane.

TIME magazine:

Reports: U.S. Military Aircraft Crashes in Taliban-Held Eastern Afghanistan

By RAHIM FAIEZ and KATHY GANNON / AP 10:15 AM EST

(KABUL, Afghanistan) — A U.S. military aircraft crashed in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, a Taliban spokesman and Afghan journalist affiliated with the militant group said.

U.S. Army Maj. Beth Riordan, a spokeswoman for U.S. Central Command, declined to comment when told about the Taliban claim, but video from the crash site circulating on social media appeared to suggest the aircraft was a U.S. Air Force electronic surveillance plane.

Tariq Ghazniwal, a journalist in the area, said that he saw the burning aircraft. In an exchange on Twitter, he told The Associated Press that he saw two bodies and the front of the aircraft was badly burned. He added that the aircraft’s body and tail were hardly damaged. His information could not be independently verified.

Read more at: https://time.com/5772328/american-plane-crash-afghanistan-taliban/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:50:38 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Taliban claims it shot down US Air Force plane in Afghanistan carrying CIA officers
Dramatic pictures from the scene of the crash in Ghazni also appears to show the smouldering wreckage of the plane bearing a US Air Forces logo

By Nicholas Bieber News Reporter

The Taliban has claimed a “passenger plane” that crashed in Afghanistan was actually a US Air Force jet it deliberately shot down.

The jet came down in the country’s eastern Ghazni province this afternoon which is controlled by the military organisation.

Local officials initially reported the jet to be a Boeing 737-400 passenger plane that belonged to Ariana Airlines.

Read more at: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/taliban-claims-shot-down-air-21371476

Supposedly, the Iranian press is who got photos of the US logos on the plane (IF true). I wonder if Iran could somehow be involved in this whole matter?

More at above link.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:58:44 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

We are saying, as usual and probably correctly, plane went down, it wasn't due to enemy fire:

The US forces in Afghanistan in a statement confirmed the incident.

“A US Bombardier E-11A crashed today in Ghazni province, Afghanistan. While the cause of crash is under investigation, there are no indications the crash was caused by enemy fire. We will provide additional information as it becomes available,” the US forces-Afghanistan spokesman Col. Sonny Leggett said.

Taliban claims that additional aircraft have crashed are false, he added.

Read more at: https://tolonews.com/afghanistan/passenger-aircraft-crashes-ghazni-local-official

So, now where are our pilots? There looked to be room on there for quite a few souls actually.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/e-11.htm

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's called an E-11A Battlefield Airborne Communications Node

A Military version of the Bombardier Global Express business jet.

We have three of them.  Helps us keep units in real time communication despite the terrain in that part of the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Airborne_Communications_Node
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And apparently the only crash our media seems interested in is of a basketball player in LA.

Disgusting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And apparently the only crash our media seems interested in is of a basketball player in LA.

Disgusting.

My thoughts exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Supposedly, the Iranian press is who got photos of the US logos on the plane (IF true). I wonder if Iran could somehow be involved in this whole matter?

More at above link.

@TomSea

Those markings must be the must obvious Photo Op I have ever seen. Looks like something someone in Jr High might do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@TomSea

Those markings must be the must obvious Photo Op I have ever seen. Looks like something someone in Jr High might do.

@sneakypete look at the logo on the pic I posted above...it's the same as in the crash photo.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete look at the logo on the pic I posted above...it's the same as in the crash photo.
@txradioguy

It also appears to be a LOT sharper/more in focused than the engine housing it is painted on.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@txradioguy

It also appears to be a LOT sharper/more in focused than the engine housing it is painted on.

@sneakypete

I thought hoax, maybe initially, but it appears that AF has confirmed a crash, but denied is was due to enemy fire.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/us-air-force-plane-crashes-in-afghanistan-taliban-claims-they-shot-it-down/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline darroll

@TomSea

No skid marks...  In the snow

Offline TomSea

Mike
@Doranimated
·
19m
When I worked in the White House in 2005-7, we had incontrovertible evidence that the IRGC was supporting the Taliban. I'm not privy to the latest intelligence, but we must certainly entertain the possibility that Iran was behind this.

Alberto Miguel Fernandez
@AlbertoMiguelF5
"Hassan Soleimani, editor of the IRGC-affiliated Mashregh news website, hinted at Iranian involvement in the downing of the U.S. plane. As soon as the news broke, he tweeted: "We will attack them on the same level as they are attacking us."

MEMRI
@MEMRIReports
Iranian #IRGC-Affiliated Journalists Claim #Taliban Downed U.S. Spy Plane In #Afghanistan, Hinting At Iranian Involvement
http://ow.ly/2tUF30qcM5P

Link of tweet above:

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1222028755885010944

See, this does seem like an alarming possibility and I read one story calling it a mysterious airplane crash... that it is. And a very under-reported story considering all.

Alberto Miguel Fernandez, this guy was born in Havana, was in the service if I remember correctly but he apparently, is totally up on how to speak and write Arabic, formerly a diplomat. I forget his whole life story now, he started MEMRI which is something like Middle Eastern Media Research Institute. Interesting fellow.

https://twitter.com/AlbertoMiguelF5
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:04:18 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Aurora Intel
@AuroraIntel
·
14h
Lots and lots of media reporting the Taliban claimed responsibility for downing this jet, that’s incorrect, the statement released by them says they acknowledge the “fall” of the jet, nothing about anything to do with them involved in this incident.

Aurora Intel
@AuroraIntel
·
15h
I would like to say that i do not think it was shot down otherwise it would come down in pieces. It is relatively intact. My guess is a cabin fire of some sort or an explosion from the inside out (not rapid depressurization)

#Afghanistan
[Knish]

https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel

Looks that way a bit.

Probably wasn't shot down, one might consider the possibilities.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:02:00 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

An Iran News Agency was saying the crash, mishap, did kill some CIA officers.   They in fact, were saying it killed Michael D'Andrea CIA, this is of course, unconfirmed.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1222124014761541633

Okay, sounds like our forces did go to the crash site and collected the remains of those on board.
https://time.com/5773055/air-force-plane-crash-afghanistan-victims/

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
An Iran News Agency was saying the crash, mishap, did kill some CIA officers.   They in fact, were saying it killed Michael D'Andrea CIA, this is of course, unconfirmed.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1222124014761541633

Okay, sounds like our forces did go to the crash site and collected the remains of those on board.
https://time.com/5773055/air-force-plane-crash-afghanistan-victims/

That'd explain the fog around this story.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@TomSea

How would they know? I bumped into a few people working for the CIA in Asia,and not a single one of them were still using the names I knew them by.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
DoD has recovered two bodies and two bodies only. No one else was in the plane. No Taliban were encountered. Afghan villagers kept watch on the site until US personnel got there.

Any other reports to the contrary are the typical Taliban and/or Iranian propaganda and nothing more.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
DoD has recovered two bodies and two bodies only. No one else was in the plane. No Taliban were encountered. Afghan villagers kept watch on the site until US personnel got there.

Any other reports to the contrary are the typical Taliban and/or Iranian propaganda and nothing more.

@txradioguy

Ok,so where are the rest of the air-crew? I have flown on enough USAF cargo planes that I know they don't leave the ground without a pilot,a co-pilot,and a crew chief/load master. And that is just a bleeping aerial delivery truck. When you start adding "secret agent electronics" stuff,the number jumps. Air crews are not qualified to even operate that stuff,never mind figure out what it's telling them. This is pretty specialized stuff we are talking about if it is a spy plane.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Ok,so where are the rest of the air-crew? I have flown on enough USAF cargo planes that I know they don't leave the ground without a pilot,a co-pilot,and a crew chief/load master. And that is just a bleeping aerial delivery truck. When you start adding "secret agent electronics" stuff,the number jumps. Air crews are not qualified to even operate that stuff,never mind figure out what it's telling them. This is pretty specialized stuff we are talking about if it is a spy plane.

There were no other people on the plane pete.  Just a two person crew.  on planes like that...there is no crew chief.  I've flown plenty of Army fixed wing aircraft over the years with all there was...was the pilot in command and the co pilot.  No crew chief like on a helo.

If all they were was a comms relay node like the plane is designed for...no other crew is necessary to operate the radios.

Take the tinfoil off...you're buying into the Iranian/Taliban conspiracy/propaganda crap like they want you too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A U.S. defense official says the United States has recovered the remains of two American service members killed in the crash of an Air Force plane in Afghanistan.

They were the only two people aboard the Air Force E-11A electronic surveillance aircraft when it went down on Monday in Ghazni province, the official said, speaking Tuesday on the condition of anonymity ahead of an official announcement of the recovery. The identities of the two have not been publicly announced, pending notification of their relatives.

The official said the American recovery team met no Taliban resistance in reaching the crash site and said there is no indication that the plane was downed by hostile action.

In a Tuesday afternoon release from NATO's Operation Resolute Support, officials said a U.S. military recovery force secured "what is assessed to be the aircraft flight data recorder."

The two sets of human remains were discovered near the crash site and were "treated with dignity and respect by the local Afghan community, in accordance with their culture," according to the release.

The aircraft wreckage was destroyed by U.S. forces, officials said.

Pending positive identification and in accordance with U.S. Department of Defense policy, the names of the service members are being withheld until 24 hours after notification of next of kin is complete.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/01/28/official-remains-2-us-troops-recovered-afghan-crash-site.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There were no other people on the plane pete.  Just a two person crew.  on planes like that...there is no crew chief.  I've flown plenty of Army fixed wing aircraft over the years with all there was...was the pilot in command and the co pilot.  No crew chief like on a helo.

If all they were was a comms relay node like the plane is designed for...no other crew is necessary to operate the radios.

Take the tinfoil off...you're buying into the Iranian/Taliban conspiracy/propaganda crap like they want you too.

I was writing about cargo planes,and the aircraft I was vaguely aware of back then they monitored electronic transmissions. I mostly flew in/jumped out of  C-123's and C-130's,but had occasional Caribou rides and was a passenger in a LOT of helicopters,some flown by pilots in foreign air forces. Basically,I got on anything flying that was going where I wanted or needed to go.

As for the tinfoil hat thing,I never wore a tinfoil hat,but I did wear sterile uniforms,carry foreign weapons or US weapons with serial numbers that had been reported as stolen,no ID card,and no dog tags on missions to places we weren't supposed to be,and where the government denied knowing us if we were captured or killed.

Yeah,there is a lot of tinfoil hat stuff out there,but not all of it is someone's delusion.
@txradioguy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:07:27 am by sneakypete »

Offline TomSea

DoD identifies two airmen killed in Afghanistan plane crash

The Department of Defense identified the two airmen who were killed in a plane crash in Afghanistan on Monday. Lt. Col. Paul K. Voss, 46, of Yigo, Guam, and Capt. Ryan S. Phaneuf, 30, of Hudson, N.H., were both in an E-11A surveillance aircraft when it crashed in Ghazni Province.

Read more at: https://taskandpurpose.com/airmen-killed-afghanistan-plane-crash

Posted in the military forum too.