Author Topic: GOP senators incensed by Schiff’s ‘head on a pike’ remark  (Read 190 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators incensed by Schiff’s ‘head on a pike’ remark
By LAURIE KELLMANtoday

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans said lead impeachment prosecutor Adam Schiff insulted them during the trial by repeating an anonymously sourced report that the White House had threatened to punish Republicans who voted against President Donald Trump.

Schiff, who delivered closing arguments for the prosecution, was holding Republican senators rapt as he called for removing Trump from office for abusing his power and obstructing Congress. Doing anything else, he argued, would be to let the president bully Senate Republicans into ignoring his pressure on Ukraine for political help.

“CBS News reported last night that a Trump confidant said that key senators were warned, ‘Vote against the president and your head will be on a pike.’ I don’t know if that’s true,” Schiff said.

more
https://apnews.com/ddd0b321ada84a82c047354ba3c399e5
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

“CBS News reported last night that a Trump confidant said that key senators were warned, ‘Vote against the president and your head will be on a pike.’ I don’t know if that’s true,” Schiff said.
CBS reporting on an anonymous source, gee, that's a tough one to figure out. I'll pick "made up stuff" for $200, Alex.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Plain and simple......   Schiff is too damn stupid to understand the concept of Allegory.

The Good news?   Do the dims want someone that incompetent and stupid running their coup?   Seems that way.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Not true!' Moderate Republican Susan Collins heckles Adam Schiff as he ends his case for removing Donald Trump when he says GOP senators were warned they would have 'their head on a pike' if they voted to impeach

Collins is one of a tiny band of centrists who could vote to hear from witnesses
    CBS News reported Republicans were being threatened to support Trump
    Other Republicans also grumbled and one called it 'demeaning'
    Democrats will wrapped up their case against Donald Trump on Friday 
    Trump's defense is scheduled to begin on Saturday
    The president complained about that start time because of low TV viewership
    'Looks like my lawyers will be forced to start on Saturday, which is called Death Valley in T.V.,' Trump wrote on Twitter Friday morning
    Trump's team under pressure from some Republican senators to mount a credible defense of president and not phone it in
    After Trump's defense next week, senators will battle over witnesses   

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7927461/Not-true-Moderate-Republican-Susan-Collins-heckles-Adam-Schiff-brings-threat-report.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Unforced error by Schiff pisses off Murkowski…

Citizen Free Press

“Republicans are VERY angry about Schiff’s decision to reference that CBS “head on a pike” report. Murkowski says “that’s where he lost me.” Barrasso says “whatever gains he may have made, he lost all of it — plus some — tonight.”
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Guess this is what Schiff and the Dems have in store for anyone from the GOP
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Since with the rats the reverse of what they say is typically true, its more likely this is the message to Schiff from his constituents if they don't get rid of Trump. He would be right to be worried, their ain't much holding his head on.