Author Topic: Lamar Alexander Seems to Be the Key to President Trump Winning the Vote for a Quick Acquittal  (Read 181 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lamar Alexander Seems to Be the Key to President Trump Winning the Vote for a Quick Acquittal

Posted at 12:15 pm on January 24, 2020 by streiff

Today we will bid a fond farewell to Adam Schiff, Fat Jerry and the rest of the brain trust that comprises the House ‘impeachment managers.’ While they may not have done much to make a case for impeachment, they have gone a long way towards alienating even wavering NeverTrump Republicans. Fat Jerry accusing Republican Senators who were considering voting for acquittal of “treachery” managed to alienate even weaklings like Lisa Murkowski.

Right now the headcount says that there are three Senators in favor of calling witnesses: Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and Mitt Romney. This gives McConnell a sure 50 votes for a motion to acquit. To put that count in perspective, before Adam Schiff gave Jen Rubin a case of thigh sweats with his ‘master class’ in presenting a case to a jury, there were 45 Senators in favor of acquittal without hearing witnesses. He has lost five votes.

more
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/01/24/lamar-alexander-seems-to-be-the-key-vote-for-a-q/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Been dialing up Lamar! every hour or two all week. Today they turned off the phones at 445.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One question:

If it is a 50/50 tie, does Roberts have the deciding tie-breaker vote, or does Pence?  Or is there no tie breaker?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
One question:

If it is a 50/50 tie, does Roberts have the deciding tie-breaker vote, or does Pence?  Or is there no tie breaker?

I think it takes 51 senators to pass - no tiebreaker. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Pence is completely out of it since the VP presumably represents POTUS's interests.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think it takes 51 senators to pass - no tiebreaker. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Pence is completely out of it since the VP presumably represents POTUS's interests.

The Rats have the burden in a motion to call a witness, which means they are the ones who need 51 votes.  A 50/50 vote means no witness.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: