Author Topic: Lindsey Graham will oppose subpoena of Hunter Biden  (Read 326 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham will oppose subpoena of Hunter Biden
« on: January 24, 2020, 09:28:41 pm »
Lindsey Graham will oppose subpoena of Hunter Biden
By Alexander Bolton - 01/24/20 01:06 PM EST

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) says he will vote against a motion to subpoena Hunter Biden if a majority of colleagues agree next week that additional witnesses and documents need to be summoned for President Trump’s impeachment trial.

If Republican colleagues introduce a motion to subpoena former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Graham said “I vote against it.”

Republicans have threatened to weaponize the debate over impeachment witnesses by warning that if Democrats and GOP moderates vote to subpoena Bolton, Mulvaney and other senior Trump advisers, they’ll respond in kind by calling controversial witnesses such as the Bidens.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/479779-lindsey-graham-will-oppose-subpoena-of-hunter-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Lindsey Graham will oppose subpoena of Hunter Biden
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 09:54:37 pm »
Of course he does.  Because this is all a waste of money.  They are all snakes.  No difference right or left.  Graham is one of the biggest but also biggest, bigly snakey Trump buddy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 11:19:35 pm »
When push comes to shove,you can always count on Lady Lindsey being over and grabbing his ankles.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:22:38 pm »
Lindsey stated several times that he wanted a fast acquittal.  I think he may have had his hands in the cookie jar too.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 11:33:40 pm »
Graham's logic is to handle the bidens thru an FBI investigation that can yield criminal charges.  If the senate puts them up as witnesses, they will plead the 5th and you won't get anywhere.  Put the impeachment in the trash and then move on.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 11:47:06 pm »
Graham's logic is to handle the bidens thru an FBI investigation that can yield criminal charges.  If the senate puts them up as witnesses, they will plead the 5th and you won't get anywhere.  Put the impeachment in the trash and then move on.

Ok -- I can see that...but, we also have a President who's fate is on the line as well as the fate of our Republic.  I say pull out all the stops.  There is no guarantees, that Murkowski, Mittens, Lee and Collins won't vote to remove him -- the GOP has a slim majority; Trump is NOT safe, until he is acquitted. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 11:52:45 pm »
Ok -- I can see that...but, we also have a President who's fate is on the line as well as the fate of our Republic.  I say pull out all the stops.  There is no guarantees, that Murkowski, Mittens, Lee and Collins won't vote to remove him -- the GOP has a slim majority; Trump is NOT safe, until he is acquitted.
Yes... concerned...

My understanding is they will vote to convict which requires 67 votes so the dems need 20 republicans to vote with them.  If they were voting to acquit then it would be reversed and we would be in trouble.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 11:54:54 pm »
Yes... concerned...

My understanding is they will vote to convict which requires 67 votes so the dems need 20 republicans to vote with them.  If they were voting to acquit then it would be reversed and we would be in trouble.

Thanks for reminding me -- I doubt that we'll see 20 defectors .... but I'll be happy to hear the words "President Donald J. Trump is Acquitted".

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 12:13:00 am »
Thanks for reminding me -- I doubt that we'll see 20 defectors .... but I'll be happy to hear the words "President Donald J. Trump is Acquitted".

@libertybele

I am envisioning that as a 2020 campaign slogan,with glee in my heart.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 12:34:17 am »
Of course he does.  Because this is all a waste of money.  They are all snakes.  No difference right or left.  Graham is one of the biggest but also biggest, bigly snakey Trump buddy.

After the Rats finish their presentation tonight, it's game over.  The President should announce his retirement and go back to San Clemente.

No need for a defense.  He's Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 03:58:43 am »

Gosh, how genius.  I didn't think about the strategy plan.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 03:08:55 pm »
I am offended you call my Senator Cruz a snake.

You are the one who needs to slither back into the hole you came from.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:38:39 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 09:33:56 pm »
I am offended you call my Senator Cruz a snake.

You are the one who needs to slither back into the hole you came from.
Meanwhile, Senator Cruz, called a snake by some, is one of the top podcasters in all of America.  Why?  Because he is conservative.

Ted Cruz's new gig: Top podcaster
His impeachment podcast is the No. 1 podcast on iTunes, surpassing “The Joe Rogan Experience” and the New York Times’ “The Daily."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/27/ted-cruz-podcast-105808

Download  https://podtail.com/en/podcast/ep-2-verdict-with-ted-cruz/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 09:42:31 pm »
   The Senate can compel testimony by offering immunity, right or wrong, eliminating the need to spout the 5th, if I'm not mistaken.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.