Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 24th 2020  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Jan. 24th 2020
« on: January 24, 2020, 07:14:44 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

FISA Court Admits Carter Page Warrants Were Fraudulent

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: Now, before we get into the latest on impeachment and begin to tear that down and analyze it and so forth, I think there is some absolutely huge news that is being glossed over. You know, they’re not even having to sweep it under the rug because the whole thing’s already been swept under the rug. The FBI and the FISA court — the Department of Justice of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Dana Boente, Rod Rosenstein — have all admitted to abusing their power. They have all admitted that their FISA warrants to spy on Carter Page were bunk.

They have admitted that they should not have been sought and that they should not have been granted. The entire pretext for the so-called investigation of Donald Trump for colluding with Russia — the FISA warrants that opened up the spying — have now been admitted to as fraudulent. Now, let me put this in perspective for you. The FBI and the FISA court now admit that they abused their powers, and all of the people involved in getting those FISA warrants applied for and signed off on — whether they’ve admitted to it or not — have now been caught up in abuse of power and fraud.

Where are we? The Democrats and their media buddies would rather pretend that Donald Trump abused power in a phone call with the president of Ukraine and sweep this under the rug. The initial and original operation of this coup — this silent coup designed to get Donald Trump — has never been able to stand the weight of truth and authenticity. Now, I know it’s not all four FISA warrants, but come on. They’re admitting that two of them here were bogus and were not properly put together. The whole thing could be a stand-in for that.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to go back to the FISA warrant story for just a second. I want to be specific about this. The FISA court (i.e., the DOJ) have admitted that at least two of the four warrants to spy on Carter Page were illegal, which means that all evidence collected from that surveillance cannot be used.

Now, I don’t know when this was decided. It’s about time that it has been announced. “The Justice Department now believes it should have discontinued its secret surveillance of … Carter Page far earlier…” Now, it’s a fine time to admit this after all of this is indelible in people’s minds. But they’re admitting here that it was bogus; they’re admitting that the evidence can’t be used. They’re admitting that they should have shut this surveillance of Carter Page down.

By the way, surveillance of Carter Page? He was ever been charged with anything. Surveillance of Carter Page was simply a way to open a window to spy on the entire Trump campaign and Trump personally. But remember on whose watch all of this occurred. It occurred during the Obama administration. It occurred while Loretta Lynch was the attorney general. It occurred while Comey was the FBI director. Top people in the Obama administration approved, coordinated, and covered up illegal spying on the Trump campaign.

You want interference with an election? Try that! You want corrupting an election? You want meddling in an election? Try what the Democrat managers are doing in the Senate today. They are corrupting the very idea. They are corrupting the integrity and honor of presidential elections much more than has ever been attempted, done, or accomplished by the Russians. So this is a tantamount admission that Democrats interfered in the 2016 and 2020 elections. The warrants to spy on the Trump administration were illegal.

Now, who are these people? Who’s Obama? Who’s Loretta Lynch, James Comey, Clapper, Brennan, you name ’em? These are the same people who perpetuated the Russia hoax. The same media who has protected all of those involved abused their power — and even now, the media has no interest in running this story. You will not see this story in the New York Times, Washington Post. You won’t see it anywhere in mainstream media. But what does it mean? It means that accusations the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign are true.

Illegally. Accusations of the Obama administration abusing its power are true, which is why Mueller had to be appointed. Mueller was an attack dog. His job was to take Trump out before any of this came to light. The attempt was to focus everybody’s attention on what a scalawag Trump was, so that we wouldn’t learn what had actually gone on in the Obama administration, the Hillary Clinton campaign, and the Democrat National Committee. The abuses of power from the Obama administration, the Clinton campaign, the Democrat National Committee had to be covered up.

The country had to be distracted. That distraction, that cover-up is ongoing. It’s now being called an impeachment trial in the United States Senate. You want abuse of power? You don’t have it with Donald Trump. You’ve got it with all these people in the Obama administration. You’ve got it with James Comey, Clapper, Brennan. You’ve got it with Loretta Lynch. You’ve got it with all of these — McCabe, Strzok Smirk and Page. If you want abuse of power, they have now admitted to it! Laws were broken, civil liberties were violated — and one little add-on to this.

“The Department of Defense may have used taxpayer funds to pay longtime informant Stefan Halper…” Stefan Halper is knee-deep in the effort to undermine George Papadopoulos and make it look like the investigation began when Papadopoulos started bragging about his knowledge that the Russians had a bunch of Hillary Clinton dirt. “Stefan Halper, a Cambridge University professor, [was paid] to recruit members of the Trump campaign as sources in the run-up to the 2016 election.” This comes from Senator Grassley in a letter Wednesday.

Grassley “asserted that it was ‘unacceptable’ that the DOD spent most of 2019 dodging his requests for information about Halper’s contacts with U.S. officials…” Halper had two jobs. First was to try to get hired on the Trump campaign, thereby start contacting Russian friends of his and make it look like the Trump campaign was colluding. But Halper didn’t get hired. So his next job was to recruit members of the Trump campaign, Trump foreign policy apparatus and so forth and try to corrupt them as engaging in illegal contact with Russia. This is all coming out.

Now we find out the Pentagon paid him!

The Pentagon, the Department of Defense paid Stefan Halper, not the FBI and not MI5. So it wasn’t just the Obama DOJ. It was the Obama Department of Defense. Now, who do you have over there that might have been involved in this? Well, you got a bunch of generals that are Never Trumpers and hate Trump to no end. All of this abuse of power, all of this meddling in an election — and, by the way, meddling in the 2016 election (and continuing this effort to overthrow it and to undermine Trump) constitutes meddling in the 2020 election. Meanwhile, Trump is undergoing a Senate trial for all of this?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 24th 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 07:15:27 pm »

What Are Democrats Really Doing?

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: We have this sham of an impeachment designed to do what? This is something that I have been giving considerable thought to, because none of this makes any sense if you look at it from the perimeters of conventional wisdom. By this I mean they’re never going to get a conviction. See, to me this is the overriding reality of this that makes me question what the real motivations are. And then with what Round Mound of the Gavel did yesterday by accusing the very senators of being part of a cover-up.

They supposedly want to change their minds and vote with them to authorize new witnesses and new documents and all that? The Round Mound of the Gavel pretty much insured that isn’t gonna happen now. Susan Collins sent a note to the chief justice. “This is outrageous. Why did you let him say that? Why didn’t you stop him?” Nadler is accusing Republican senators of being part of cover-up if they don’t vote to authorize witnesses. Now, here’s Susan Collins and Murkowski and Cory Gardner and the rest of these four so-called recalcitrants that Schumer was appealing to yesterday.

Here they are sitting there, and of course they’re (sniveling) “wanting to be seen as independent and fair and they’re wanting to be seen as not in the back pocket of the Trump administration, want to be seen as doing justice and so forth — and if there’s a need for witnesses, they want to make sure they’re on the right side,” blah, blah, and Nadler comes along and insults them to the point that now they probably can’t vote for it. So what’s that?

Why in the world is the Round Mound of the Gavel sabotaging ostensibly his own effort? And then throw Schiff in this. Schiff has said some of the most stupefying, outrageous things, such as… I’m listening to Drive-By Media talk about how eloquent Schiff was, how persuasive Schiff was — how Schiff got in there, dug deep, got in and pulled the heartstrings — and made these Republican senators wake up. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Adam Schiff actually said yesterday that Donald Trump needs to be removed from office because he didn’t follow the talking points prepared for him by the likes of Lieutenant Colonel Vindman — O don’t you dare criticize hiiiim! (Snort!) Lieutenant Colonel Vindman said he prepared the talking points for Trump, and that Trump gets on the phone call and doesn’t use the talking points. Schiff says he’s gotta be thrown out of office for that! H’s gotta be removed because he didn’t follow the talking points. That means he went against U.S. policy.

Schiff, in a literally insane rant, claims that Trump failing to use the talking points put together by deep state civil servants attempting to undermine him and conflict with his foreign policy… And it is his that matters. He’s the president. He chooses foreign policy. Not Vindman, not Yovanovitch, not any of the others, not Fiona Hill. They don’t determine foreign policy. They can prepare talking points all them; Trump can chuck ’em any time he wants. Schiff said because Trump didn’t follow the talking points, that he is undermining American foreign policy.

He admits that Trump doesn’t have to follow the talking points, but the fact that he didn’t means that he’s undermining foreign policy. He is foreign policy, Schiff! And I’ll tell you something else that’s kind of got me worked up. I’m trying to figure out how this happens — oh, I know how it happens. You go back to the day where Schiff was chairing the House Intel Committee, some hearings, and makes up the transcript about Trump on the phone call with Zelensky.

He literally makes it up, says things like, “Trump got on the phone with Zelensky and said, ‘I want you to find some dirt on my 2020 opponent, Joe Biden. I want you to dig up some dirt on him. I want you to make it up if you have to, and I don’t want you getting back to me until you do — and I’m gonna tell you eight or nine times until you get it. You find some dirt on Biden! You dig up the dirt. You make it up, if you have to, and don’t get back to me ’til you do — and you’re not getting a dime from us until you do!'”

Schiff says that’s what’s in the transcript. He’s lying through his teeth! Every bodily orifice that Schiff has, he’s lying through — and the Republicans are sitting there and they’re not even reacting to it!I’m watching it here from the EIB Southern Command and I’m blowing a gasket asking, “Why aren’t the Republicans reacting to it?” Finally, a Republican constituent sent an email to a Republican member of the committee and said, “What the hell are you doing? The guy’s lying through his teeth!”

So a Republican member of the committee — I forget who it was — then finally called Schiff out on it 30 minutes later, and Schiff said (muttering), “Well, it was a parody. I was doing satire,” and yet Schiff gets a pass for this. Adam Schiff, in all of this, gets a pass! He still goes before the Senate in this trial with some kind of moral authority as though he is engaging in the truth. He wouldn’t know the truth if it slapped him upside the head. He’s making up what the president said on the phone call with the transcript of the phone call there and available for anybody to see.

Why does anybody debate Schiff’s version of the phone call as legitimate? Schiff makes up what he calls a parody, and now all of a sudden, the word “dirt” is somehow part of the transcript, when it isn’t! “Trump was trying to dig up dirt! Trump was trying to do this! Trump was trying to find this about Biden,” when it’s not part of the transcript. Andy McCarthy had a piece yesterday/last night, saying that because Schiff has done this, Schiff has now opened the door to calling the Bidens if there are witnesses called.

Because Schiff has totally mischaracterized what Trump asked Zelensky to do regarding Biden and his kid Hunter in the investigation. So since Schiff has put forth a fallacious, phony, lying version of that, the president’s team has a legal opportunity and requirement to correct that record — and that may be calling Schiff (which I still think they ought to do, make him the face of this), and call the Bidens. The Democrats are literally paranoid that that would happen.

Schumer and the rest of these guys in their public statements, press conferences, are doing everything they can to make it sound like, “Mentioning the Bidens in any of this is insane. It shows the president’s lost his mind.” This is all about the Bidens. It’s all about the investigations and what Biden was able to do as a member of the United States government to grease the skids for his family for years and years and years.

The reason all this is relevant is they’re trying to throw Donald Trump out of office for something that he didn’t do, for a scandal he wasn’t engaged in, for misconduct he did not enter into — and yet it is all over the place on the Democrat side, starting with Hillary and the Steele dossier. Now the FISA warrant totally make-up abuse on Carter Page, which now all these people are admitting to. Down to the Mueller report. On the let’s-go-get-Trump side of this, nobody has found anything. There’s no impeachable offense. There’s no crime.

So what’s really this all about? What are the Democrats doing? ‘Cause let’s go back to the reality they’re not gonna get a conviction — and especially now. I don’t care how persuasive anybody might think that some of these House managers’ cases have been. By the way, the TV ratings daily are plummeting. You’ve seen that, right? The top was 11 million. Twenty million’s what the first day of Kavanaugh got with Blasey Ford. This thing is 11 million, and they’re dropping every day. Reuters and CNN are wringing their hands, destroyed, distressed about this.

So they know they’re not gonna get a conviction (chuckles), and now they’re not gonna get four Republicans to vote to authorize witnesses if they ever were. But Nadler coming in and accusing essentially Susan Collins and Murkowski and Cory Gardner and whoever else they’re trying to get in there of “participating in the cover-up.” Nadler’s statements that he made yesterday as part of his press statement were so far out of bounds, they were so radical left that I said, “Wait a minute. This isn’t right. There’s something going on here that people are not seeing.”

If you circle back, it all goes back to the fact that they know they’re not going to get a conviction — and yet they’re doing this. So why? Well, look, there’s some obvious answers. They’re trying to dirty Trump up for the 2020 campaign, and there’s a theory that they’re trying to dirty up enough Republican senators that are vulnerable to maybe win the Senate to go along with the House so that they can shut Trump down even if he is reelected. I think there’s even more than that going on. Those two things are relevant; I’m not saying they’re not happening.

But I think there’s a… I mean, what kind of rhetoric did the Round Mound of the Gavel use yesterday? Who was that rhetoric intended for? The Democrat base! The lunatic fringe of the Democrat base. You put this together with some of the other news out there. Obama… According to Charles Gasparino at Fox News, Obama is getting so scared of Bernie that he’s considering a national statement urging Democrats not to vote for Bernie Sanders. That is an all-out assault on who, in addition to Crazy Bernie?

That is an all-out assault on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who has become one of Bernie’s biggest advocates and is toying publicly with the idea of a third-party ’cause the Democrat Party isn’t left enough. Well, here comes the Round Mound of the Gavel yesterday and he starts uttering resistance-type lingo! He starts uttering language that people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez want to hear and people that might be inclined to support her want to hear. You go to New York where all politics is local.

Is Nadler perhaps gonna be primaried by somebody chosen by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez because he, Nadler, is not sufficiently resistant to, radical left-wing enough? Now, if Nadler is worried about a challenge, it would make perfect sense for him to do what he did yesterday. In other words, it could well be that part of the explanation for this is that some of these House managers — Nadler, Schiff — are actually doing all of this to keep their base together, not bust up Trump’s connection to his (’cause they can’t, and they know that by now). Now, in Schiff’s case, I honestly think that he needs professional help right along the lines with Antonio Brown.

I think they need to be seeing the same shrink, they need to get the same kind of mental health care, ’cause I think Schiff has lost it totally. There’s a great piece today by somebody at PJ Media, I think. If you’re a parent, have you got a kid who loves performing, loves doing things in the living room, and you can’t get ’em to stop and you have to act like, “Oh, that’s so cute, Little Johnny;” you have to encourage ’em ’cause you’re the parents? That’s Schiff.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: One of the interesting things about all these House managers are gone on and on and on (sobbing), “Ukraine and Donald Trump! Donald Trump denied aid! (sniffling) Donald Trump withheld aid! (sniffling) Donald Trump said, ‘You can’t have your aid unless you give me Biden. You can’t…'” None of that’s true! They got their aid. But guess what? Three of the House managers that have gone on and on and on about the importance of Ukraine voted against military aid to Ukraine in every piece of legislation that came up. That is Hypocrisy 101.

Of course, this doesn’t stick to Democrats much, but the fact is, they don’t care about Ukraine. Adam Schiff and the Round Mound of the Gavel and all the rest, they don’t care about Ukraine. When given the chance to participate — voting — on military aid for Ukraine, they voted against it. The Obama administration denied all aid to Ukraine for eight years after requiring that they disarm. We signed an agreement promising to defend them if they’re attacked, and they were, and Russia annexed and took Crimea — and we didn’t do a damn thing.

And Trump somehow is now going to be impeached — or has been impeached — because he delayed aid that they eventually got? In the phone call that somehow magically has been referred to as “dirt,” even though that word’s not even in the transcript…?

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 08:01:56 pm »

Donald J. Trump: The First President to Attend the March for Life

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: A pretty big first is on the verge of happening in Washington, D.C. Every year during this month at this time there is an event called the March for Life, the March for Life rally in Washington, D.C. A bunch of pro-lifers show up, and it’s always a gigantic, well-attended event. No U.S. president has ever appeared in person. They always appear via video conferences. Ronaldus Magnus appeared on a big screen behind the stage. The Presidents Bush did the same. Vice President Pence has been there in person.

I’m not sure… Other vice presidents may or may not have gone in person. But Donald Trump’s gonna be there in person. He’s there now. He’s been there standing at the podium with literally hundreds of thousands of people gathered. It’s a huge rally. It’s a huge march. I would not be far off if I were to remind you that at a time in his life, Donald Trump was not pro-life. It might be a stretch to say… He was never a pro-choice activist.

He’s never a pro-Planned Parenthood type. But as a celebrity and a New Yorker in a sea of liberalism, when the subject came up, “Yeah, woman’s right to choose. Fine with me.” He has undergone a major transformation to become a pro-life activist, and is the first president to ever personally appear at the pro-life march in the midst of this impeachment. He’s not hunkered down in the White House. This is gonna redound to his benefit as much as anything his lawyers say.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Trump’s on fire at the pro-life rally. I’m not going to JIP it. We’re rolling audio on it. We’ll have some sound bites for you as the program unfolds. But don’t doubt me. There’s a number of Republican senators there as well. Mike Lee and James Lankford are there, and some members of the House of Representatives. But I’m telling you, something like this, the pro-life rally… You know the pro-life political issue — and it is one — has never been 50-50. The number of Americans that are pro-life is a majority over those who are not.

I don’t think it’s even been as close as the conventional wisdom narrative manufacturers would want us to believe. But this contrast of Trump speaking as the first president ever to appear live at a pro-life rally compared and contrasted to this Chihuahua nipping at his knees and ankles impeachment fight over there? Believe me, this is the kind of thing that makes an impression that’s indelible in the minds of the American people.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I just want to say one more thing on this pro-life business, folks, because I made the point mere moments ago. Donald Trump back in the day when he was hosting The Apprentice and the days prior to that, as a New Yorker, he was never known as a pro-lifer — and it was not specifically pro-choice. He was not an activist either way on the issue. But as a New Yorker, he took the path of least resistance: Women’s right to choose. Whenever it came up, that’s what he was for. That was the path of least resistance — and this is important.

Now, stick with me. It was the path of least resistance for anybody to take who wanted to stay out of that or any other political controversy. It’s why people who were adamantly, publicly, proudly pro-life were so attacked. Look how this movement, though, has been overwhelmingly successful. If you go back, when this program started back in 1988 with the Republican convention (and four years later, 1992 in Houston) had to give way to pro-choice Republican women and had to give them a forum.

In fact, Roger Stone’s wife at the time, Anne Stone, was one of the leaders the movement, and they were constantly pressuring Republicans. You had a bunch of pro-choice Republicans. Do you remember…? I’ve told the story. I was a guest at a party hosted by a bunch of Republican estab — well, a Republican establishment couple, and a bunch of big time Republican fundraisers. One of them took me aside after dinner and said, “What are you gonna do about the Christians?” Remember this story?

I said, “What do you mean?”

He said, “The Christians! They’re killing us. They’re wiping us out.”

I said, “What do you mean?”

“Abortion! They listen to you, and you gotta get ’em to calm down. We can’t… We’re never gonna win elections, we’re never gonna win, if this is something the Republican Party’s identified with,” and then the same people would hit me up about gun control. Now, here we are in 2020, and guess what? That wing, the so-called pro-choice Republican wing? You can’t find it anywhere. All of those people that asked, “What are you gonna do about the Christians?” meaning, “How are you gonna get this issue out of our party?” are gone.

One guy confided (and I’m not making it up) that he got tired of his wife nagging him about it. Another guy said he didn’t want to go to any more Republican conventions with pro-life people ’cause they embarrassed him. But now, where are those people? I mean, the pro-choice Republicans may be still around, but they’re docile, they’re quiet, they don’t make much of it — and you know why? Because the Republican Party can’t win anything without their votes.

There are, at bare minimum, 24 million evangelical votes in America and maybe more — and guess who owns them (and long before today)? Donald Trump. Guess who didn’t abandon Trump at any time during the presidential campaign 2016? Evangelical Republicans. Despite the best efforts of the Drive-By Media, the pro-choice Republicans, pro-choice Democrats, they couldn’t. Why? ‘Cause those people know. They know where Trump is, they know where his heart is on this, despite what may be said on an indiscriminate video from years ago made exiting a talent trailer in Hollywood.

I think it’s an amazing transformation and success story, and all of those moderate Republicans, 1988, ’92, ’94, all of those people scared to death. The truth of the matter was the Republican Party was never going to win with just their votes, and the Republican Party was never gonna win if they got their way and all these so-called evangelicals were tossed out of the party or somehow convinced not to vote Republican. Where would the party be today?

Now everybody knows it. You couple that group with the NRA, and it’s no wonder the Democrats are frustrated beyond belief, because they have tried to convince everybody that this country is pro-choice, that this country is Planned Parenthood, that this country is a woman’s right to choose and all, in a political sense, and they’re nowhere near the truth. They’re in a minority on these two issues — guns and life — like they always have been.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:23:27 pm »

Obama Doesn’t Want Bernie or Biden

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: Charles Gasparino at Fox Business Channel was on with Tucker Carlson last night talking about something he’s heard about Obama really, really not liking Crazy Bernie. I mean, it’s a real problem here, that apparently Obama is so opposed to Crazy Bernie, he’s thinking about making a national statement about it.

The question from Tucker Carlson: “What do you know about this?”

GASPARINO: President Obama believes that Bernie Sanders is both unelectable in a general election and he’s a bridge too far. My sources are people, you should know, that spoke directly about President Obama. They are Democrats. They are people that work on Wall Street, often.

CARLSON: Yeah.

GASPARINO: They are much more moderate than you would, say, a Bernie Sanders supporter. What we have right now behind the scenes is a civil war in the Democrat Party.

CARLSON: Yes!

GASPARINO: Woke, young, white liberals —

CARLSON: Exactly.

GASPARINO: — who are far more liberal than the African-Americans that I’m polling —

CARLSON: And angrier, too.

GASPARINO: — far more liberal than white, suburban women —

CARLSON: That’s right.

GASPARINO: — and angry. And President Obama knows this, and listen he may or may not go public with this stuff. I spoke with some Democratic consultants. It’s probably a mistake to go public because then you stir the hornet’s nest here; you further disrupt this coalition.

CARLSON: Right.

RUSH: Yeah. Well, there is an… By the way, haven’t we heard, too, that Obama’s not crazy about Biden, that Obama doesn’t want to endorse him? So who is it that Obama wants in this race? If Biden is not the guy he wants, and if it’s not Crazy Bernie, then who does Obama want? Does that leave Elizabeth Warren? Does it leave the field open for Michelle (My Belle) Obama to come in at the last moment? Does he want Michael “Mini Mike” Doomberg?

But the point is, as Gasparino said, let’s put everything in the hopper here. You’ve got the Democrats supposedly unified trying to get Donald Trump thrown out of office and the election of 2016 overturned. They’re doing everything they can to remove the president. By the way, they have not made the case. They’ve got two articles of impeachment, and they have not made the case that either of those articles of impeachment are true — and, therefore, they have not made the case for removing Trump from office.

Even if there was a chance for it, they haven’t made the case.

It’s why they want more witnesses and they want a longer length of time, because this is about something in addition to doing great damage to Trump. But the bottom line: They don’t have any evidence. They have no impeachable offenses. But the point is, you would think the Democrats would be totally unified. They hate Trump so much, you’d think that alone would unify them. And yet they’re split wide open down the presidential primary. They’re split wide open on this impeachment business. But you would think, wouldn’t you, with the abject hatred they have for Trump and the desire to overturn the election results of 2016, that there would be massive unity on the Democrat side.

And there isn’t.

They’re not even close.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 09:24:01 pm »

It’s Time to Expose Adam Schiff

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: Here is Jim in San Francisco. Great to have you, sir. Thank you for waiting. Hi.

CALLER: Hey, Rush. Adam Schiff needs to be taken down. This trial cannot close until this man has been exposed. He needs to be eviscerated. He needs to be humiliated. He needs to be shamed. He needs to give the citizens of Burbank every single reason to vote him out of office. Now, I agree with your analysis that probably Nadler blew it with Republicans and there’s no chance of witnesses. However, Rush, the rules state there’s 24 hours of uninterrupted talk by the Democrats, and then it’s gonna be followed by 24 hours, starting on Saturday, by the Republicans.

So far, John Roberts has acted like basically a chess timekeeper. He just sits up there. You know, and the rules… Actually, McConnell made him basically only a figurehead, that he can’t make my decisions of substance. Following the Republicans’ 24 hours, we then have 16 hours, 16 long hours. Think about it. That’s two full days of questions and answers, and you don’t just get to stand up and ask a question. You have to write it out on a three-by-five card, you have to hand it to John Roberts.

He reads it from the bench, and then somebody on the other side, presumably the House managers, answers. Well, Adam Schiff is in the well. We don’t need to subpoena Adam Schiff. He’s right there. I think that what needs to happen is we need to expose him with our questions. I want to see him exposed more than Hunter Biden or more than Joe Biden or anybody else, I want… You know, Rush, Adam Schiff is the singular most depraved, cynically awful politician that I’ve seen in my lifetime — and I’ve seen a lot of them in my 61 years.

But he needs to be taken down. Now, let me ask you this. How is John Roberts gonna control this? Because right now there’s no rules. He sits like a bump on the log. You ask a question, a Democrat gets up and gives a-two-hour, wandering reply that has no point. You know, what’s John Roberts gonna do? Is he gonna go through these three-by-five cards, decide which ones are relevant, which ones are not? How is he gonna control an uncooperative answer. You know, what’s the rules on this? It could get out of control really quick.

RUSH: Well, I think that’s… First, let me endorse your statements on Schiff, and I have said much the same thing. In fact, I have here some audio sound bites of a clip of mine from earlier this week about this very thing was used by some cable news networks to highlight and to get other people’s reactions to my opinions of Schiff which parallel yours. I think the guy’s despicable. I think it’s so bad, some kind of penalty needs to occur to this guy, some kind of comeuppance or punishment. I don’t know how. As to your questions about procedure here in the Senate when we get to Q&A 16 hours, I think — and I’m gonna have to take a break. Can you hold on just a couple of minutes during the break, ’cause —

CALLER: Yes. Yes.

RUSH: — I have failed to conclude or close the loop when I was explaining earlier what I think Nadler has really going on.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We’re back here with Jim in San Francisco.

CALLER: Hey.

RUSH: Look, before I get to closing my loop here with you, I just want to substantiate what you are saying. I think if we ever do get to this Q&A period (I have my doubts that we will, but we’ll see) I agree with you. I think that is the way Adam Schiff should be set up and situated so that he lies under oath.

CALLER: Well, Rush, right now, right now, you’ve got the ear of politicians and senators that listen to you. So this is the word going out that we need to make sure that they’re gonna establish these rules. They’re gonna probably start working them over the weekend. John Roberts, we need to control him, and the Democrats are gonna work and try to construct rules that are gonna ban Republicans from asking questions (crosstalk) leverage.

RUSH: Well a second, now. Wait. How do you we control John Roberts? Mitch McConnell runs the Senate.

CALLER: Right, but —

RUSH: The chief justice does not run the Senate. You’ve already stated he’s acting as a figurehead in there. He’s “a chess timekeeper” is all he’s done so far.

CALLER: Right, so —

RUSH: And, by the way, it was Nadler’s comment, by the way, that forced him to admonish both sides. It’s Democrat comments that have made him admonish both sides.

CALLER: That’s right. But basically, up until now — up until these question-and-answers — he plays a passive role. But when it gets into questions and answers… For instance, if somebody asks a question and then somebody, a Democrat, gives a two-hour filibustering response, how is that controlled? If John Roberts a figurehead —

RUSH: Well, wait a minute. Look, that’s the future, and I don’t know how to control that or deal with it. All I can tell you is what you’re describing is happening now! They’re already filibustering with this case. The thing that irritates me as much as anything about this is that whoever’s running the Senate has let the Democrat Party convert the Senate into the DNC. That’s all this is. These people are making points that are way beyond the articles of impeachment.

They’re talking about things that have nothing to do with what’s in their case. They’re all over the board and they’re repeating it over and over and over again. This is nothing more than a never-ending campaign ad on TV under the imprimatur of impeachment in the United States Senate — and the Senate is sitting there and letting these buffoons in the House basically convert the chamber into essentially the Democrat National Committee.

It’s almost like they’ve been suckered. So then you have to ask, “Okay. They have to know this; so why are they permitting it?” and maybe they think that the Democrats are drilling nails in their own coffins by doing this. The ratings are plummeting each and every day, I have to tell you. That is incontrovertible, and it’s distressing the media. They’re talking about (impression), “Well, it’s — it’s — it’s a shame, because this should be watched by millions of people. This is more important than just an average television show,” but they can’t create any interest.

I have thought all along this thing should have been dismissed the first chance they had. Dismiss it. Close it down. But the objection is, “Well, Rush, that would make Republicans look unfair.” Screw this! I’m sick and tired of the premise being that the Republicans are the ones that are unfair, that the Republicans are the ones that have to go out of their way to prove that they’re nice guys. Screw that! We’re so far beyond that. The Democrats have made it known to everybody what a bunch of skunks they are.

The Democrats ought to be the ones worried today about being perceived as nice guys. They’re so over the top here, and have been for three years and counting. The idea that they’re the ones that appear reasonable and they’re the ones that appear as though they’ve got their act together and the Republicans gotta go overboard and the other way (sniveling), “Making sure everybody realizes it; nobody confuses the Republicans for racist, sexist, bigot, homophones,” all that usual cliched tripe.

I think it’s a joke what these people are doing. There’s no truth coming out of these people’s mouths on the Democrat managers’ side — and, by the way, the news is that hardly anybody in the Senate’s listening. They don’t have their phones in there (sigh), but a whole lot of people are not really paying attention.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 09:24:43 pm »

America’s Not Watching Impeachment

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: So now they’re playing, at this stupid impeachment with the House managers making their case, they’re now playing videotape of Ambassador Taylor and all these other civil servants saying that (paraphrasing), “Trump didn’t follow our advice. He didn’t follow our advice on the hold for military aid in Ukraine. He didn’t follow the talking points.”

They want to impeach the guy for this as though these unelected, snooty, arrogant, out-of-touch civil servants who live in Kiev and elsewhere, they run foreign policy? They get to determine what foreign policy is regardless who elected president is? And if elected president is somebody the Democrats hate and doesn’t follow the advice of Obama holdover civil servants then we can impeach him and throw him out of office.

The whole thing infuriates me. And it has from the get-go. And there’s nothing new here. This is just a continuation of Trump-Russia collusion, which was a hoax and manufactured. And if you go out and you randomly pick 10 Americans off the street and say, “How did Trump cheat in 2020?” nobody will know. They’ll be able to repeat to you what they’ve heard in the media, “Well, he colluded with the Russia.” Yeah, well, what did he do? What happened? There isn’t any evidence. Trump did not cheat.

Anyway, that’s what I mean. That takes me off the beaten path that I had intended. I want to talk about the TV ratings for this, because this is something I alluded to at the beginning of the program. “The opening of the Trump impeachment trial –” this is from Reuters and they’re sad. Reuters is very disappointed to report this.

“About 11 million TV viewers watched the start of the U.S. Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump on Tuesday when lawmakers sparred for hours over witnesses and records for the historic proceedings, according to Nielsen ratings data. The total fell short of the roughly 13.8 million viewers across 10 broadcast and cable television networks who tuned in last November for the first day of the House of Representatives impeachment inquiry into Trump.”

Now, by the way, 13.8 million over 10 different networks, that is chump change. Why, that’s barely over a million viewers per network. The Associated Press says the networks did not consider the Democrats to be ready for prime time. They pointed out the networks stuck with their regular programming. ABC, CBS, NBC bumped out. It was so boring, and it was so tedious, that they went back to regularly scheduled programming.

Then Reuters is back with a report on the audience for the second day, which dropped 19%. So the first day about 11 million minus 20%, 8.9 million TV viewers watched the impeachment trial on Wednesday. That’s the first day the Democrats laid out their case. What you know the excuse is? The Drive-By Media is saying people are not watching ’cause they know Trump’s gonna be acquitted.

They know Trump is gonna be acquitted? You telling me the Drive-By Media is excusing the fact that nobody’s watching this, nobody comparatively, because they know Trump’s gonna be acquitted? How about it’s they know Trump didn’t do it? How about they know that this is a sham? How about they know that this is all fabricated and made up, like everything else since the election night 2016 has been?

By the way, I got a note from a very, very, very big, very wired Republican campaign official who said to me, it was in an email: “Hey, don’t forget, we won New Jersey in ’88.” That would Poppy Bush. We won New Jersey with Ronaldus Magnus in a 49-state landslide. We won New Jersey, I think, one of his elections. But we won it in 1988. And the point is, hey, don’t discount it, New Jersey going red. It has been done.

Anyway, this is New York Magazine: “Ratings Show Americans Don’t Care About the Impeachment Trial Enough to Watch It.” Oh, folks, the wind, the air has gone out of the sails. They were so excited. They were so happy. They were so anticipatory. This was gonna be it. This was where it’s all gonna come together, all of the efforts from the Democrats and the Drive-By Media where they’re gonna focus all of their hatred for Donald Trump and all of the criminal activity, finally it was gonna be presented in a way that the average American will be able to understand it. Problem is, the average American is not watching.

And now the excuse is, “Well, well, they already know Trump’s gonna be acquitted. Some of them are even saying, “Well, they know that John Bolton’s not gonna be called and so there’s no reason.” They know that John Bolton is not gonna be called? They don’t know who John Bolton is. They don’t even know who Adam Schiff is. Jeopardy viewers don’t even know who Adam Schiff is. Jeopardy contestants.

You know, my friends, that every time I have been the answer to a question on Jeopardy, somebody’s known it. When Adam Schiff has been the answer to a question on Jeopardy, nobody has known it. I finally saw the A-B, side-by-side comparison. Adam Schiff and Andy Kaufman.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 09:26:08 pm »

Democrats Distort Alexander Hamilton Quote

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: Now, here’s a story in the Washington Post. You know the Democrats, if you listened to any of this yesterday, they’re all quoting Alexander Hamilton. Now, these people, this is so phony because these people, the modern-day Democrat Party, they have no reverence for the founding of this country. And, folks, I am not exaggerating this. I don’t say things here just hoping they get noticed or repeated in audio-video clips on — I couldn’t care less about that.

Their current existence is rooted in the belief that our founding was unjust and tainted because of slavery and because of women not being able to vote. Nationalism, white supremacy, there’s nothing about the American founding these people revere. They’re attempting to transform this country away from its founding, every damn one of them. Not just Obama and his people in the administration, but the whole Democrat Party, as it’s currently constituted with their fringe, left-wing base.

America is not the good guys. America is not justified. America has cheated, it’s lied, it’s stolen. America’s colonialist, America’s white supremacist and nationalist. And then these guys come along and they quote the founders like Alexander Hamilton to try to give themselves gravitas in what they’re doing. And they’re even lying about that.

The Democrats have focused on one particular Alexander Hamilton quote this week. It is a quote they say proves that Trump is exactly the kind of guy founders like Hamilton worried about when they created the impeachment clause. Pencil Neck and the Round Mound of the Gavel, Jerrold Nadler, both have used this Hamilton quote to begin the impeachment proceedings. Schiff on Wednesday and Nadler yesterday.

Here’s the quote. “When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, despotic in his ordinary demeanor, known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty, when such a man is seen to mount the hobbyhorse of popularity to join the cry of danger to liberty, to take every opportunity of embarrassing the general government and bringing it under suspicion to flatter and fall with all the nonsense of the zealots of the day, it may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”

That quote is a note from Alexander Hamilton. He wrote it in response to George Washington. Schiff offered the quote in full and suggested that it was part of the reason founders like Hamilton put impeachment in the Constitution. Nadler did the same thing. But guess what? Hamilton did not say this in the context of impeachment. It was from a note that he wrote when he was the secretary of the Treasury in response to George Washington about tax policy.

The letter in which Hamilton wrote these words doesn’t even mention impeachment. It’s from 1792. That’s five years after the Constitution was drafted. They are lying through their teeth about everything. They’re quoting Hamilton about Trump in advance, saying he’s the kind of guy we needed to write the impeachment clause about. It’s not even about impeachment. It’s a letter to George Washington about tax policy.

And Adam Schiff is being heralded as one of the great orators, one of the finest House managers there’s ever been. These people are lying through their stinking teeth, making things up, like claiming that Trump failing to follow the talking points prepared for him in the phone call with the president of Ukraine is tantamount to Trump doing his own personal foreign policy. And then Schiff saying that Trump only did a new trade deal with the Chinese so that the Chinese will help him cheat in the 2020 election.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 09:26:50 pm »

Elizabeth Warren Confronted Over Student Loan Forgiveness

Jan 24, 2020

RUSH: Grab audio sound bite number 21. You all remember Joe the Plumber. Joe the Plumber went up and asked Obama, “Why in the world do you want to take everything from me and give it to other people?” And Obama said, “Well, we need to spread the wealth. We need to redistribute the money.” Joe the Plumber became a star for a few news cycles and so forth because of the real-guy question that he asked and how Obama just stepped in it.

The same thing happened to Fauxcahontas Monday, so it’s earlier this week. (So look how long it took for this to surface.) She was in Grimes, Iowa, during a campaign event. It’s not exactly analogous to Joe the Plumber, but it’s the same kind of thing. She is having a town hall event in Iowa, and she’s talking about forgiving student loans, which, just like I have warned you that the Democrats someday… It may not be in our lifetimes. Someday. In fact, they’ve made the first step already.

They are gonna figure out the one thing stopping them is elections, and what has Schiff done? Schiff has said during the impeachment trial this week that the ballot box cannot be trusted. (summarized) “We cannot entrust Trump’s fitness to serve to the ballot box. We can’t trust the voters! That’s why we’ve gotta get rid of Trump now.” Don’t doubt me. I know when I first made that prediction, that the Democrats are gonna make a move on election, I know the reaction some of you got.

In fact, I’ll bet it was something along the lines of, “Oh, Rush, I just got a friend of mine convinced to listen to you today, and then you go and say something wacko like that. Ah, come on!” How many of you? And now, lo and behold, have I not been borne out on this? And this is just phase 1. They are going to continue making these kinds of moves. Look, these are people who are obsessed with power and their entitlement to it, and votes are the only thing standing in the way.

Take a look at Hillary Clinton. Any number of Democrats have complained about having to campaign and having to raise money and having to go to town halls and having to do all of these events. It is just who they are. Well, here comes Elizabeth Warren, and I predicted at some point during some campaign, the Democrats are gonna make a move on the Millennial vote by suggesting that all student loans should be forgiven.

Fauxcahontas has gotten as close to this as any Democrat has, that all student loan debt will be forgiven. She thinks it’s magic. She thinks it’s something that Americans and their families and the students are gonna just say, “Oh, man, this is great,” because student loan debt is humongous. But who gave us this? Who is it that’s destroyed the value of a college education? I would submit to you it’s people like Elizabeth Warren.

It’s people like the American left who have not stood in the way of just outrageous rising costs in education. So now the whole concept… They tell everybody for decades and decades, “You don’t have a prayer if you don’t get a college education. You’re not gonna get a decent job. You’re certainly not gonna have a well-paying job, you’re not gonna have a substantive career unless you get a college education.”

Parents want the best for their kids.

So they get on the bandwagon.

“You gotta go to college, Little Johnny! If you don’t go to college, you don’t have a prayer.” Everybody’s conditioned, “You’ve gotta go to college, gotta go to college, gotta go to college, no matter what!” Go to college and rack up hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. If you’re gonna be a doctor, if you’re gonna be something requiring a lot of postgraduate work. It’s tens of thousands of dollars of debt if you’re gonna get a simple BS, BA, whatever! I submit to you it’s on purpose.

Who runs the student loan program? The federal government does. What good is a college education that takes you 15 years to pay off, 15 years to get ahead of yourself? I submit to you that people either by design or from incompetence have arranged this system to be in the current condition that it is. It’s like, where are all of these deadly viruses coming from? Communist countries. This latest virus that’s got everybody scared to death, where is it coming from? The ChiComs. What’s happening in all of these homeless tent cities in California?

Medieval diseases that had been eradicated are starting to crop up. Do not doubt me when I tell you that liberalism, left-wingism, socialism, communism, whatever? Folks, it destroys. It is not compassion. It is not love. It is not wanting the best for everybody. It is not equality. It’s not sameness. It’s not fairness. It is the epitome of mean-spiritedness! Liberalism looks at people and sees failure, inability. Liberals look at people, average people in their eyes with contempt.

So, anyway, here’s Fauxcahontas making the pitch for forgiving student loan debt. The problem for her is that there are a lot of Americans who have behaved and lived responsibly, and one of them confronted her Monday. This guy said, “Okay. You’re gonna forgive all of these people who’ve taken out all these loans for their kids. What about me? I worked two jobs. I sacrificed going on vacation.

“I sacrificed. My wife, my family sacrificed everything so that my kid would not have to borrow money to go to school. I sacrificed everything so that I could pay for it. Am I gonna get my money back?” And she looked at him and laughed. She said, “Of course not.” We have the audio of this. It’s about 32 seconds, and there’s a lot of crowd noise but I think you’ll be able to hear it if you haven’t already.

FATHER: I just want to ask one question. My daughter’s getting out of school. I saved all my money. She doesn’t have any student loans.

WARREN: God bless her.

FATHER: Am I gonna get my money back?

WARREN: (laughs) Of course not!

FATHER: So you’re gonna pay for people who didn’t save any money, yet those of us that did the right thing get screwed?

WARREN: No, it’s not anybody got screwed. When we started —

FATHER: Of course we did. My buddy bought a car and went on vacation. I saved my money. He made more than I did. But I worked a double shift, worked the extra time. My daughter’s worked since she was 10.

WARREN: (laughing)

FATHER: So you’re laughing at her.

WARREN: No, I’m not.

FATHER: Yeah, that’s exactly what you’re doing! We did the right thing and we get screwed.

RUSH: “You’re laughing at her.” She was smiling. She thought she was dealing with a kook. She thought she was dealing with a nut. She thought she was dealing with some kind of wacko. But the guy’s gotta point: “My daughter’s getting out of school. I saved all my money.” See, she doesn’t realize that there are millions of Americans who hear her when she says she gonna forgive student loans, she’s gonna forgive the debt. But just like in illegal immigration, a lot of people came here and followed the rules.

A lot of people came here and became legal immigrants and then citizens, and they hear the Democrats talking about opening the border and letting anybody in, letting anybody become a citizen as soon as they can, “Don’t worry the law,” and they say, “What about me? I followed the law. This isn’t fair,” and the Democrats laugh at them and smirk at them — and the same thing with this guy. And he’s got a valid point: “If you’re gonna start giving away federal money to people who have not lived a responsible life or not done things to deserve it, what about me?

“Are you gonna give me my money back that I spent on my daughter’s education?” (laughing) “Of course not. What are you, crazy?” So in Elizabeth Warren’s view, everybody that has unpaid student loan debt is poor, is downtrodden, is miserable, has somehow been victimized by the unfairness of America — and she thinks there are far more of those people than there are responsible people. So she’s firing her shotgun trying to hit the biggest number of people she can by announcing a giveaway policy.

And she’s confronted by somebody saying, “Wait a minute. Wait a minute. You’re giving away, essentially, my money to people who have not behaved responsibly. I assumed responsibility of getting my kid in college. I didn’t take out any loans. I didn’t borrow any money from anybody, and I’m not using anybody else’s money. Am I gonna get mine back? If you’re giving money away, am I gonna get mine back?”

“No, of course not.” Now, in my mind, this shows you who Elizabeth Warren really is. She doesn’t care about people. She cares about controlling people. This morning on CBS, I guess she was on there. The cohost, Tony Dokoupil, said, “Look, last night there was a video surface. A lot of people talking about it today. For Americans who are in that guy’s position who felt they did the right thing, and bailing out those who didn’t is not the right thing to do, what’s your response?”

WARREN: Look, we build a future going forward by making it better. By that same logic, what would we have done, not started Social Security because we didn’t start it last week for you or last month for you?

RUSH: Ohhhhhh. So it’s just I matter of timing. So we’re gonna start this policy today, and if you happened to live responsibly yesterday and the week and the month and the years before that, sorry! Too bad. “We build a future going forward by making it better.” It doesn’t make it better. This is the kind of stuff that divides people. The Democrats running around talking about how they are unifiers, and they have the compassion and understanding. I think this is a great sound bite.

I think this illustrates a rising awareness on the part of average people to who liberal Democrats are, and what they stand for and how destructive their policies are. It’s things like this that make Trump look even better day to day.

Support the USO