Author Topic: MESSIAH -- Netflix [plus other favorites]  (Read 2799 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: MESSIAH -- Netflix
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2020, 03:31:21 pm »
@sneakypete
Yeah a lot of it is about the end being too compressed I guess. Which ought to be expected in TV shows. Should be happy that they got enough warning to DO an ending.

Jericho was like that... found out they was leaving, and hustled a pretty piss-poor end.

Yeah,that sort of thing drives me nuts,and IMHO,shows the lack of professionalism of the writers and producers. They already have their checks,and are just too trifling to put out the effort to send their "child" off into the world with the love it deserves.

Me, I am the other way... A good portion of my life has been spent looking at the unseen. If we were sitting on the porch, I could probably go deep into the night in analysis of all the occult prophecies contained in GOT... And all the things within that are found in history... That is a seriously occultic show.

There may be new "tools" in this world,but there are no new stories. Just new twists to old stories.

What you see as myth, I see as history. Dragons at least were, if not living still... As recorded by military men like yourself who battled them.

I see mythical creatures like dragons as a method of putting a label on the fears you don't understand,and there was very little understanding of nature/creation by mankind prior to the 18th Century,so they just described their fears the best they could,as living creatures.

I am temped to write the accepted "they were so ignorant they actually thought the world was flat and they could sail off the end.",but anybody that has ever put to sea in a boat knows that is a lie,and always has. Since coastal trade ships were the biggest method of trade supply even back then,I am at a loss trying to figure out how THAT myth became accepted as truth. Anybody that has ever been at sea,no matter how lacking in education,HAS to recognize the Earth is round when they keep seeing familiar sea ports just suddenly "pop into view". Still,the powers that be,primarily the Royalty and the Priests taught the Earth was flat,so only a fool argued with them.

I am not inclined to discount their testimony merely on the basis of the sophistry of modernity. To do so would discount all of history, as is done nowdays on the altar of science.

I will take science over mythology EVERY time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2020, 03:38:43 pm »
You know, I still have not watched the final season of GOT... Largely because I don't want to spoil it, because the spoilers have told me it will...

Never seen an episode of GOT, as I am way to cheap to pay for HBO.  Wonder how much longer until it makes it to Netflix or Amazon Prime?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2020, 04:18:19 pm »
Never seen an episode of GOT, as I am way to cheap to pay for HBO.  Wonder how much longer until it makes it to Netflix or Amazon Prime?

Geez d00d... You need a lesson in innernetz... *cough* putlocker *cough*  happy77

If you want it, it's out there... But you gotta know the right places. And have good antivirus.  :laugh:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2020, 05:08:28 pm »

@catfish1957

8 Ways to Watch HBO for Free (or for Less)

Call Your Cable Provider. ...
    Watch Free Episodes on HBO. ...
    Watch Free Clips on YouTube. ...
    Use Select AT&T Unlimited Plans. ...
    Find HBO Discounts via DirecTV Now.

Free trials generally last for 7 days,and you can easily watch 2 seasons a week and by then know if you think it is worth $15 a month to watch all 8 seasons,plus the other excellent shows on HBO.

OR......,if you are seriously that cheap,and you need to be seeing someone about your emotional problems if you are,you can easily do 2 seasons for free on the free Hulu trial,2 seasons for free on the Amazon Prime free trial,etc,etc,etc.

GoT is right up there with the best stuff ever broadcast,and 15 bucks a month for HBO is a steal. Hell,it would cost you more than that to go to a movie.

Easiest way to keep a check on free upcoming broadcasts,as well as to watch literally thousands of free movies and tv shows is to buy a ROKU so you can stream video and audio. The newer ROKU's even have a voice search button on the remote,so any time you want to check and see if something is playing for free or for cheap,just speak "Game of Thrones" into the remote,and it will list all streaming channels on the planet that are broadcasting that particular show,and list them in order from free to low dollar,to high dollar.

Deadwood and Justified are other killer shows you will enjoy watching if you go with Amazon Prime,which really offers the best bang for your buck.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:17:53 pm by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2020, 05:22:09 pm »
@catfish1957

8 Ways to Watch HBO for Free (or for Less)

Call Your Cable Provider. ...
    Watch Free Episodes on HBO. ...
    Watch Free Clips on YouTube. ...
    Use Select AT&T Unlimited Plans. ...
    Find HBO Discounts via DirecTV Now.

Free trials generally last for 7 days,and you can easily watch 2 seasons a week and by then know if you think it is worth $15 a month to watch all 8 seasons,plus the other excellent shows on HBO.

OR......,if you are seriously that cheap,and you need to be seeing someone about your emotional problems if you are,you can easily do 2 seasons for free on the free Hulu trial,2 seasons for free on the Amazon Prime free trial,etc,etc,etc.

GoT is right up there with the best stuff ever broadcast,and 15 bucks a month for HBO is a steal. Hell,it would cost you more than that to go to a movie.

@sneakypete

I have Amazon Prime, and it shows a per episode cost. 

As far as being an emotional problem, realize that I have a significant Scottish ancestry, and by stereotype we are the 2nd cheapest people on earth.  And to the point of going to a movie for $15...   I haven't been to one in nearly 15 years for the same reason.  I'll be patient, and wait for it to stream as part of service under Netflix or Amazon Prime.  Or find a friend who will let me borrow their DVD's.   :silly:

And to the point of the free trials....  I've got burnt a few times, by said service not allowing me, or making it painstakingly difficult to cancel.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 05:33:30 pm »
Geez d00d... You need a lesson in innernetz... *cough* putlocker *cough*  happy77

If you want it, it's out there... But you gotta know the right places. And have good antivirus.  :laugh:

@roamer_1

Just not with the hassle or the risk when you can pretty much watch everything ever broadcast with a ROKU,a netscape account,and a Amazon Prime account. The Amazon Prime account is even free when you consider you save more on shipping and purchases over a year than the yearly cost,and that isn't even taking into consideration the free movies and tv series you get to watch.

Amazon Prime is $119 bucks a year or $12.99 per month,and on top of all the free movies and tv shows,you get free priority shipping on everything you buy from amazon.

Netflix is $12.99 per month/$155.88 per year.

Roku is $8.99 per month/$107.88  per year

So,for a grand total of   $282.76 per year you get pretty much everything and anything worth watching delivered to your home via wi-fi instead of a sat dish or cable tv,and you never have to worry about losing signals in snow or rain,or paying for channels you never want to watch.

Which is what,maybe 2 trips to a grocery store for a family?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2020, 05:41:19 pm »
I was on Netflix, Amazon from near the beginning.

I have enjoyed several multi-episode offerings.

But even with the best, I get bored after a few episodes.

Breaking Bad. Bad. House of Cards.

So a few nights ago I started Messiah, but after 15 minutes decided I could not go 12 episodes of it.

My ideal is a series with about 2 up to 6 episodes, max.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 05:56:25 pm »
@sneakypete

I have Amazon Prime, and it shows a per episode cost. 

I stand corrected. I get my own HBO Now through amazon prime because it's easier for me to click in the link there than find it elsewhere.

As far as being an emotional problem, realize that I have a significant Scottish ancestry, and by stereotype we are the 2nd cheapest people on earth.  And to the point of going to a movie for $15..

I am half-Scots/Irish and half Greek,so I feel your pain.

I haven't been to one in nearly 15 years for the same reason.

The last time I went to a movie I ended up choking out a black guy that seemed to think he could run his mouth at me and make threats with no consequences. Bad choice for him,and since I wasn't sure he was still breathing by the time it came to me that I was choking the MF out,I had to leave the movie before the lights came up. The only movie I have been to since then was that S3D Sci Fi movie with 7 feet tall women with tails that could fly on dragons,and I made damn sure it was a movie located in a white area. I am hard of hearing,and the GD black hollering at their homies on the other side of the theater and giving shout outs to the actors on the screen make it impossible for me to hear what is going on. If that makes me racist,tell somebody that gives a shit,because I don't. I just VERY POLITELY asked the guy sitting in front of me if he could keep down the shout-outs because I couldn't hear what the actors were saying,and I got hit with "honkey M*F" and the beginning of some threats,and when it came to me what was happening,he was already unconscious and it was time for me to leave. Technically,I could have stayed because I had a gun with me to keep the homies away,but I decided the wise thing to do was to leave.

I did look in the local paper for several days to see if a dead guy was found at a local movie,and as the old saying goes,"No news is good news!",so we both lucked out on that one. I learned the lesson that I needed to stop going to local movies,and I am hoping he learned a lesson,also.

I'll be patient, and wait for it to stream as part of service under Netflix or Amazon Prime.  Or find a friend who will let me borrow their DVD's.   :silly:

I ain't going to say I am a fan of GoT,but I bought the 10 book sealed set after watching the first episode,and they are still sealed in cellophane and will remain sealed until after I watch every season again. THEN I will read them.

Subscribe to HBO Now and Netflix,get a ROKU for all the free stuff,and you will have instant access to anything worth watching 24/7.

I personally choose to allow my pay subscriptions to be paid by ROKU,and then have ROKU bill Pay Pal to minimize the risk of putting my checking account or credit card numbers into too many hands. Then again,I also use a different screen name and password for each account I have,too. Even the free ones.

To me,this one pay source and monthly bill from ROKU alone is worth the $8.99 per month I pay them. MUCH easier for me to keep track of how much money is going where this way,as well as less danger of my checking account or credit card being hacked. Probably the easiest thing to do is just use your Amazon Prime CC as the billing source for all your subscriptions. Pay it every month and there is no interest charged,so you have all your eggs in one basket you can easily keep an eye on.

BTW,just noticed that season 1 of "Homeland" is now free on Amazon Prime,and it is probably the best spy series ever produced. Season 8 is the final season,and IIRC,it will start airing in Feb. I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for it to air.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:10:25 pm by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 06:25:14 pm »
I stand corrected. I get my own HBO Now through amazon prime because it's easier for me to click in the link there than find it elsewhere.

I am half-Scots/Irish and half Greek,so I feel your pain.

The last time I went to a movie I ended up choking out a black guy that seemed to think he could run his mouth at me and make threats with no consequences. Bad choice for him,and since I wasn't sure he was still breathing by the time it came to me that I was choking the MF out,I had to leave the movie before the lights came up. The only movie I have been to since then was that S3D Sci Fi movie with 7 feet tall women with tails that could fly on dragons,and I made damn sure it was a movie located in a white area. I am hard of hearing,and the GD black hollering at their homies on the other side of the theater and giving shout outs to the actors on the screen make it impossible for me to hear what is going on. If that makes me racist,tell somebody that gives a shit,because I don't. I just VERY POLITELY asked the guy sitting in front of me if he could keep down the shout-outs because I couldn't hear what the actors were saying,and I got hit with "honkey M*F" and the beginning of some threats,and when it came to me what was happening,he was already unconscious and it was time for me to leave. Technically,I could have stayed because I had a gun with me to keep the homies away,but I decided the wise thing to do was to leave.

I did look in the local paper for several days to see if a dead guy was found at a local movie,and as the old saying goes,"No news is good news!",so we both lucked out on that one. I learned the lesson that I needed to stop going to local movies,and I am hoping he learned a lesson,also.

I ain't going to say I am a fan of GoT,but I bought the 10 book sealed set after watching the first episode,and they are still sealed in cellophane and will remain sealed until after I watch every season again. THEN I will read them.

Subscribe to HBO Now and Netflix,get a ROKU for all the free stuff,and you will have instant access to anything worth watching 24/7.

I personally choose to allow my pay subscriptions to be paid by ROKU,and then have ROKU bill Pay Pal to minimize the risk of putting my checking account or credit card numbers into too many hands. Then again,I also use a different screen name and password for each account I have,too. Even the free ones.

To me,this one pay source and monthly bill from ROKU alone is worth the $8.99 per month I pay them. MUCH easier for me to keep track of how much money is going where this way,as well as less danger of my checking account or credit card being hacked. Probably the easiest thing to do is just use your Amazon Prime CC as the billing source for all your subscriptions. Pay it every month and there is no interest charged,so you have all your eggs in one basket you can easily keep an eye on.

BTW,just noticed that season 1 of "Homeland" is now free on Amazon Prime,and it is probably the best spy series ever produced. Season 8 is the final season,and IIRC,it will start airing in Feb. I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for it to air.

@sneakypete

I'm not paying anything for my Roku, but it pretty much is just a gateway for access to my Netflix, Amazon, and Sling (Which is not too bad a cable alternative for $30./mo.......  Sadly, I have to watch Oak Island on History CH).

Thanks for heads up on Homeland.  Have enjoyed the Jack Ryan stuff, but this sounds like it might be better.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 06:32:41 pm »
@sneakypete

I'm not paying anything for my Roku, but it pretty much is just a gateway for access to my Netflix, Amazon, and Sling (Which is not too bad a cable alternative for $30./mo.......  Sadly, I have to watch Oak Island on History CH).

Thanks for heads up on Homeland.  Have enjoyed the Jack Ryan stuff, but this sounds like it might be better.

@catfish1957

Hands down,the best spy thriller series I have ever seen. The redheaded British actor that plays the role of the Marine does an amazing job of pulling it off and making you believe it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2020, 06:45:18 pm »
@sneakypete

BTW,the ROKU channel costs $8.99 per month,but offers free shows + pay shows,just like Amazon Prime,Netflix,etc,etc,etc. You might want to look at what they offer for that money,and spot a couple of things you like that you are not already getting.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2020, 06:49:56 pm »
Just not with the hassle or the risk [...]

@sneakypete
Not the point. I'm stickin it to the man.
Besides, I know what I am doing. Haven't had a bug in years and years, so risk is nonexistent.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2020, 06:51:41 pm »
@sneakypete
Not the point. I'm stickin it to the man.
Besides, I know what I am doing. Haven't had a bug in years and years, so risk is nonexistent.

@roamer_1

Maybe it works for you,but it IS work for those of us who are not computer pros.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2020, 01:45:50 am »
@roamer_1

Maybe it works for you,but it IS work for those of us who are not computer pros.

@sneakypete

*shrugs* I think it is more along the lines of generational ignorance... most any 20 something knows the same thing... And no commercials or ads too... ever.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2020, 02:23:47 am »
Yeah,that sort of thing drives me nuts,and IMHO,shows the lack of professionalism of the writers and producers. They already have their checks,and are just too trifling to put out the effort to send their "child" off into the world with the love it deserves.

Yeah... I kinda get it... The money drops out of under it and they get a couple months to wrap it up... So they do the best they can to wrap up the loose ends... I hate it too - But not as much as I hate it when they just cut it off...

There may be new "tools" in this world,but there are no new stories. Just new twists to old stories.

More than you could possibly know.

I see mythical creatures like dragons as a method of putting a label on the fears you don't understand,and there was very little understanding of nature/creation by mankind prior to the 18th Century,so they just described their fears the best they could,as living creatures.

I think that is that modern sophistry talkin right there. And I think we know less than our grandfathers did about nature/creation. We are almost wholly divorced from it. They lived right in the middle of it every day.

Me, I think an after-action report by a military man is recognizable no matter how many centuries are in between. And I am not so quick to discount testimony as ignorance from a mind every bit as good as my own.

I am temped to write the accepted "they were so ignorant they actually thought the world was flat and they could sail off the end.",but anybody that has ever put to sea in a boat knows that is a lie,and always has. Since coastal trade ships were the biggest method of trade supply even back then,I am at a loss trying to figure out how THAT myth became accepted as truth. Anybody that has ever been at sea,no matter how lacking in education,HAS to recognize the Earth is round when they keep seeing familiar sea ports just suddenly "pop into view". Still,the powers that be,primarily the Royalty and the Priests taught the Earth was flat,so only a fool argued with them.

That is a rather medieval European view on things historic. What came before the dark ages is almost unknown... But with a wider view, you would know that the truth is far more than that - Great navigators have been around the world nearly from the beginning. There are ancient Sumerian artifacts found on the western shores of the Americas - That is as early as it gets. The Chinese went everywhere, as did the Phoenicians, long, long before the galleons of Europe ever graced the waves.

So much is glossed over and ignored, or outright fabricated to support the illusion of 'modern man' that any real knowledge of history would make you scoff too... And yet, with all our supposed vast knowledge, and all our superior tooling, we can hardly move the smallest stones used in ancient cyclopean construction, not to mention transport them miles... As was obviously done. Ancient steel does not rust - and we don't know why. Spend a little time with artifacts and writings that are swept under the rug, and you will know pretty quickly how tenuous and fragile (and fabricated) the common view of history really is.

I will take science over mythology EVERY time.

Then you bow to political masters. Because science has not been science since Issac Newton was around...

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2020, 01:49:51 pm »

Then you bow to political masters. Because science has not been science since Issac Newton was around...

@roamer_1

Well,that explains why you live in the wilderness and have such a rich fantasy life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2020, 08:30:33 pm »
@roamer_1

Well,that explains why you live in the wilderness and have such a rich fantasy life.

@sneakypete
Naw, I have lived here all along... Since 6th grade or so...
And not much of a fantasy guy. My bag is history. Ancient stuff.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2020, 08:37:53 pm »
@sneakypete
Naw, I have lived here all along... Since 6th grade or so...
And not much of a fantasy guy. My bag is history. Ancient stuff.

@roamer_1 they're dropping a new show on the Ottoman Empire. I got a notification. Looks interesting 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2020, 08:45:00 pm »
@roamer_1 they're dropping a new show on the Ottoman Empire. I got a notification. Looks interesting

No doubt I will be watching that @Gefn   happy77

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2020, 11:02:09 pm »

@Gefn

There can be no doubt they will have plenty of drama and story lines. Should be interesting to see if Muslims are portrayed as saints. If they are,we know Saudi money was "invested".

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2020, 12:58:10 am »

@Gefn

BTW,who are "they",and when will the 1st episode be aired?

Thanks!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 01:04:06 am »
@Gefn

BTW,who are "they",and when will the 1st episode be aired?

Thanks!

@sneakypete it’s on Netflix. Type in “Ottoman” and you’ll see it. I meant “they” was referring to Netflix. I’ve been a little spacey this week. Or more blonde than normal. Lol.  :blonde moment:

Oh it already dropped. It says “2020”
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:05:05 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2020, 01:15:30 am »
@sneakypete it’s on Netflix. Type in “Ottoman” and you’ll see it. I meant “they” was referring to Netflix. I’ve been a little spacey this week. Or more blonde than normal. Lol.  :blonde moment:

@Gefn

Thanks!

I know more that I ever wanted to learn about being spacey. Yesterday and today were the first days in months I haven't worken up in a chemo fog,wondering what was going on. Still ain't "there" yet,but I seem to be able to remember simple things a lot better. Not leaving home to go somewhere,and then wondering where I was going,and have to pull off the road to check my phone for appointments. A little bit of that goes a LONG ways!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2020, 01:20:18 am »

@Gefn

BTW,ever watch Deadwood,Homeland,or Justified? It just doesn't get any gooder.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2020, 01:24:06 am »
@Gefn

BTW,ever watch Deadwood,Homeland,or Justified? It just doesn't get any gooder.

Justified is probably my all time favorite, @sneakypete