Author Topic: U.S. says 34 troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injury after Iran strike  (Read 370 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Reuters by Idrees Ali and Phil Stewart 1/24/2020

http://news.trust.org/item/20200124162455-zquh2/

PENTAGON SAYS 34 SERVICE MEMBERS HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY FOLLOWING IRAN STRIKE ON BASE IN IRAQ

The Pentagon said on Friday that 34 service members had been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury following strikes by Iran on a base in Iraq earlier this month.

Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters that eight service members who had been previously transported to Germany had been moved to the United States.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Trump lied, people died."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just a fancy way of saying "Brain Concussion".

I got mine while flat-track racing a motorcycle.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Most of them are back on duty...

Mike had a concussion after a bombing at Camp Anaconda in 04 not sure if it is the same as traumatic brain injury?

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Most of them are back on duty...

Mike had a concussion after a bombing at Camp Anaconda in 04 not sure if it is the same as traumatic brain injury?

@mystery-ak

Same/same. I think,GENERALLY speaking,that "brain concussion" is the typical term used,and "Traumatic Brain Injury" is the technical/medical term.

They can range from mild to truly traumatic. I had partial amnesia for several months. Could remember who I was,but that was about it. I was still in the army,and would leave the barracks in the morning heading to go to the team room,and forget where I was going and why I was going there. I could see you,say hello,have you walk out of the room and come back 5 minutes later,and say hello to you again and not remember seeing you earlier.

LOTS of different reactions because we are all different people,and the brain is complex and not really understood. I am now 5 decades older,and looking back I honestly believe I lose some of my ability to reason,but eventually adjusted. I know for a fact I am not as smart as I was before the accident because I had no trouble learning anything before,and now I sometimes struggle to learn something new. If I still have any new negative results resulting from it I am not aware of them.

I have heard some people claim mental problems late in life from these injuries,but how can you really tell the difference between an injury long ago and senility?

Sounds funny,until it is you it is happening to.

I do know people who got concussions from things like explosions,and only had a headache for a day or two.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 12:04:13 am by sneakypete »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

Same/same. I think,GENERALLY speaking,that "brain concussion" is the typical term used,and "Traumatic Brain Injury" is the technical/medical term.

They can range from mild to truly traumatic. I had partial amnesia for several months. Could remember who I was,but that was about it. I was still in the army,and would leave the barracks in the morning heading to go to the team room,and forget where I was going and why I was going there. I could see you,say hello,have you walk out of the room and come back 5 minutes later,and say hello to you again and not remember seeing you earlier.

LOTS of different reactions because we are all different people,and the brain is complex and not really understood. I am now 5 decades older,and looking back I honestly believe I lose some of my ability to reason,but eventually adjusted. If I still have any negative results from it I am not aware of them.

I have heard some people claim mental problems late in life from these injuries,but how can you really tell the difference between an injury long ago and senility?

Sounds funny,until it is you it is happening to.

I do know people who got concussions from things like explosions,and only had a headache for a day or two.

This is before Anaconda was built and Mike was in a bombed out bunker..the explosion was very close that it knock him off his cot...he had ringing in his ears for days...and now suffers from tinnitus.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is before Anaconda was built and Mike was in a bombed out bunker..the explosion was very close that it knock him off his cot...he had ringing in his ears for days...and now suffers from tinnitus.

@mystery-ak

I would be surprised if he didn't have ringing in his ears and tinnitus. That's pretty much a given anytime you are close to an explosion. They will probably be his companions for the rest of his life. I rarely even notice the ringing in my ears anymore. I'd probably miss it if it went away. I've been blown off my feet a few times,too. Much smaller explosions,though. B-40 rockets. Still,if one goes off close enough,it will pick you up and lay you down.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO