Author Topic: Schiff’s Call To Invalidate A Trump Re-Election Is A Revealing Attack On Voters  (Read 213 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Schiff’s Call To Invalidate A Trump Re-Election Is A Revealing Attack On Voters

‘The president's misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box,’ Rep. Adam Schiff said. ‘For we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.’

By Jarrett Stepman
January 24, 2020

For all the accusations of “norm breaking” hurled at President Donald Trump, the early stages of the Senate impeachment trial have revealed that congressional Democrats are perfectly willing to flirt with toppling one of the few, and most essential, precedents in American history.

House managers of the trial, all Democrats, cut right to the chase: If this whole impeachment thing doesn’t work out, and Trump is acquitted, it doesn’t matter. A Trump victory at the ballot box in 2020 has been preemptively deemed illegitimate.

So says House manager Rep. Adam Schiff, arguing to impeach Trump without the accusation of an actual crime.

“The president’s misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box,” Schiff said. “For we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.”

The California Democrat, who sought impeachment before the story about Trump’s Ukraine call ever broke, accused Trump of using the power of the presidency to “cheat in an election” and again brought up the debunked Russia-collusion narrative. So, if Schiff and fellow impeachment managers can’t convince the Senate to toss Trump from office, Americans must accept the will of House Democrats and perhaps ignore the result of the next election?

So much for being the party of upholding “norms” against the Trumpian norm-breakers. Saying that Americans should outright ignore an election result is an absurd attack on an underappreciated hallmark of American exceptionalism.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/24/schiffs-call-to-invalidate-a-trump-re-election-is-a-revealing-attack-on-voters/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

This is clearly a preview of the Democrats' strategy in 2020 and beyond: inoculation against and refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election, provided that Donald Trump wins. To them, he is and will always be an invalid President, even if he wins in a landslide.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline goatprairie

Schiff's words reveal an autocratic mindset that is regnant among liberals. They feel they should be running the country, and any Republican in the Oval Office is occupying it illegally.
They are our betters....our being average Americans.  Schiff and his crew know what's best for everyone.
So let's dispense with these silly elections that sometimes elect non-Progressives.
Just let us run things in perpetuity, say the Progessives, without annoying things like the constitution and the rule of law.

Offline skeeter

Why Schiff's words don't frighten the hell out of every American voter is beyond me.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why Schiff's words don't frighten the hell out of every American voter is beyond me.

Agreed!   100%
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

Agreed!   100%
The bulk of the American public doesn't follow politics as closely as the people on this forum.
Remember the story about Jeopardy from last week where none of the contestants could recognize a photo of Schiff.
That's good and bad.
Schiff is a knave whom people should know as one.  But at the same time it means only a small percentage of Americans think about politics constantly.  They're more concerned with their families, jobs, sports, or whatever than politics and skunks like Schiff.
The liberal media would like to make Schiff into some sort of crusading hero of the people. It's good that most Americans have no idea who he is.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The bulk of the American public doesn't follow politics as closely as the people on this forum.
Remember the story about Jeopardy from last week where none of the contestants could recognize a photo of Schiff.
That's good and bad.
Schiff is a knave whom people should know as one.  But at the same time it means only a small percentage of Americans think about politics constantly.  They're more concerned with their families, jobs, sports, or whatever than politics and skunks like Schiff.
The liberal media would like to make Schiff into some sort of crusading hero of the people. It's good that most Americans have no idea who he is.
I read somewhere Schiff is interviewing to replace 86 year old Feinstein as CA Senator.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

I read somewhere Schiff is interviewing to replace 86 year old Feinstein as CA Senator.

If the morons in the California R Party could get their @#$% together and nominate a decent conservative instead of an I'm-not-as-crazy-as-Schiff-is Mo-o-o-o-o-oooooooderate who spends half his/her time apologizing for and distancing himself/herself from conservative Rs, I think Schifftyroo could be beaten, even in California.

I won't be looking like a Smurf (turning blue from holding my breath in anticipation).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's good and bad.

Yes, and a very famous man had something to say to those people.

“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.”

Pericles (430 B.C.)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien