Author Topic: Don’t Own Any Rental Properties In Oakland And Get Out If You Can  (Read 519 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/01/23/dont-rental-properties-oakland-get-can/

Don’t Own Any Rental Properties In Oakland And Get Out If You Can

The latest progressive initiative to “destigmatize” criminal behavior in Oakland, California should be of concern to everyone, but particularly landlords who rent out residential property. The City Council there has unanimously passed a measure banning the ability of landlords to perform criminal background checks on applicants. This measure certainly sounds like one that’s full of good intentions (if you listen to the activists supporting it) but ignores many serious realities.

Having lived in neighborhoods in which landlords/managers were less than diligent about checking the backgrounds of prospective tenants, ummmmm, let's just say I'm glad I don't live in those neighborhoods anymore.

More generally, there are many cities in CA that are so freaking anti-landlord that rental property owners in those cities should GET OUT while they can.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online The_Reader_David

Re: Don’t Own Any Rental Properties In Oakland And Get Out If You Can
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 10:53:49 pm »
Well, looks like more housing for mathematicians.

For the next 4.2 months, I'm living in a rental in Oakland, while visiting the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley (it's not part of UC, just on land they donated to get it to be located there, and you can get to it without going throug the parts of the city and campus notorious for their lunacy).  My landlady only rents to people who are sent her way by the housing office of MSRI, and mathematicians are generally a fairly law-abiding lot, so not being able to do a criminal background check will be no problem for her. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:35:07 pm »
Well, looks like more housing for mathematicians.

My landlady only rents to people who are sent her way by the housing office of MSRI,

@The_Reader_David

That will last only until someone that is a homeless minority or junkie tries to rent from her,and gets turned down. He or she will sue and probably end up owning her house.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 12:22:09 am »
@The_Reader_David

That will last only until someone that is a homeless minority or junkie tries to rent from her,and gets turned down. He or she will sue and probably end up owning her house.

They never will.  Her property is never advertised for rent, only listed with the MSRI Housing Office.  I'm thinking more and more owners of rental properties in the neighborhoods of Oakland bordering Berkeley might do the same, hence my remark, more housing for mathematicians.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.