Author Topic: Dallas County Wasted Taxpayer Money on Unsecure Voting Equipment  (Read 519 times)

Online corbe

Dallas County Wasted Taxpayer Money on Unsecure Voting Equipment

Poor planning by the county’s top election official is costing Dallas taxpayers millions and jeopardizing election security.

By Erin Anderson

January 20, 2020

Tweet this:

“We’re going to try to do the best we can, but there’s no perfect election," said Dallas County Elections Administrator Toni Pippins-Poole on the race to replace unsecure e-pollbooks ahead of March primaries. #Primary2020 #TX2020 #TXLege

Dallas County taxpayers are shelling out another $6 million for new voting equipment, after the county discovered components bought just last year can’t be used securely—a costly mistake one local official blames on the head of the county’s elections department.

In 2019, the county spent $30 million on a brand-new voting system; it included “hybrid” electronic voting machines with paper backups, plus electronic pollbooks used to access the county’s list of registered voters. But the county has since discovered the pollbooks can’t interface securely with the voting machines and must be replaced.

Dallas County Elections Administrator Toni Pippins-Poole asked the commissioners court at their last meeting for $388,000 to add 300 more electronic pollbooks to a December order of 4,200 units, bringing the total spent on the replacement equipment to just over $6 million.

<..snip..>

https://texasscorecard.com/local/dallas-county-wasted-taxpayer-money-on-unsecure-voting-equipment/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Dallas County Wasted Taxpayer Money on Unsecure Voting Equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 07:34:36 pm »
Dallas County Elections Administrator Toni Pippins-Poole is dumber than a box of rocks.   The only reason she still has a job is, 
1.  She's a Dallas Co Rat and
B. she is a darker shade of pale. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 07:41:22 pm »
More of her stunning stupidity.

Dallas County elections official admits she was confused, Russian hacker claim was wrong.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2017/10/04/dallas-county-elections-official-admits-she-was-confused-russian-hacker-claim-was-wrong/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 07:46:24 pm »
The entire premise is wrong!  The Dallas County election officials got EXACTLY what they wanted and paid for.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 10:38:04 pm »
The entire premise is wrong!  The Dallas County election officials got EXACTLY what they wanted and paid for.

Hmmm...so they are all coo-coo? and inept?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 10:55:12 pm »
Has Chad Hang spoken on this?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 12:17:34 am »
Now the question is whether it was accidental or deliberate.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 12:54:26 am »
Now the question is whether it was accidental or deliberate.

:yowsa: And my money is heavily on deliberate.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien