Author Topic: The Secret Political Symbolism You Never Knew Was Hidden Within The Wizard Of Oz  (Read 1961 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cart machines continued past the advent of CDs, and were replaced by MP3 files.  I imagine CDs are also a thing of the past.  I haven't been in a Control Room for many years myself, but I have Bookface friends who still work.  They rarely do anything "live" anymore, and now that MP3s are ubiquitous, DJs don't even have to come into a studio these modern, now a go-go days.

Yeah the Borg (a.k.a. Clear Channel/iHeart Media) took "live and local" out of the picture with their automated/voice over systems.

That's why I'll continue to work small town radio when I get out and not make the jump to a top 50 market just up the road in Louisville.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yeah the Borg (a.k.a. Clear Channel/iHeart Media) took "live and local" out of the picture with their automated/voice over systems.

That's why I'll continue to work small town radio when I get out and not make the jump to a top 50 market just up the road in Louisville.

I was thoinking of finding a 5000 watt rural station and do the "swap and shop" hours.  Sell and produce ads on the side. I have a face for radio.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I was thoinking of finding a 5000 watt rural station and do the "swap and shop" hours.  Sell and produce ads on the side. I have a face for radio.

In 30 years of broadcasting the U.S. Army has been the only ones brave enough to put me in front of the camera.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I think the local radio station here (small AM, like 1KW) sells time in blocks, that I could have a show if I want to sell the ads myself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Secret Political Symbolism You Never Knew Was Hidden Within The Wizard Of Oz
Genevieve Carlton
Ranker.comFull article

Interesting analysis.

I never picked up on it till I watched it a few years back. I'm thinking 'wow, this is really political' in a WJB populist way that was in fashion at the beginning of last century.

Nice to know someone else sees it too.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In 30 years of broadcasting the U.S. Army has been the only ones brave enough to put me in front of the camera.

You have a captive audience.

I think the local radio station here (small AM, like 1KW) sells time in blocks, that I could have a show if I want to sell the ads myself.

today Yutes would do a "pod cast".   But they haven't lived till you go old school. 

Offline roamer_1

today Yutes would do a "pod cast".   But they haven't lived till you go old school.

That's gotta be a lot like HAM/CB... Shooting skip on LSB16, talking out into the ether... And somebody on a boat in the Caribbean comes hailing you out of the darkness... MAGIC.

Now it's nothin to yap at a someone, and see them on Skype anywhere in the world. Mundane. Ain't the same. *sigh*

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm waiting for the secret political symbolism behind secret political symbolism.
Well, there were good powerss in the north and South, but the powers in the East and West were considered evil, at least until the Illegal Immigrant (Ya didn't just drop from the sky, lady!) and the House came down on one in the East.  (impeached?, Kansas collusion?).

Anyhow, the union members (lollipop guild, etc) and the local politicos were just little people, but with their guidance, on streets paved with gold, the illegal immigrant went to the big city, ostensibly to get passage back home after the coup back East. She met with the power behind the scenes who manipulated the face of government there (all illusion), who recognized she might be useful and sent her on a covert mission to the West.

It took a guy without a brain, one without a heart, and one without courage (along with their illegal immigrant co-conspirator, and at the behest of a phony at that) to upset the established order of things and overthrow the government of the West.

Might be something to it, after all...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Well, this thread certainly took a turn. Oz, anyone?  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

That's gotta be a lot like HAM/CB... Shooting skip on LSB16, talking out into the ether... And somebody on a boat in the Caribbean comes hailing you out of the darkness... MAGIC.

Now it's nothin to yap at a someone, and see them on Skype anywhere in the world. Mundane. Ain't the same. *sigh*

Good analogy!   888high58888

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A lot of popular fiction has messaging within it

Think J.R. Tolkien in the Ring Trilogy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Think the Articles of Impeachment....

..oh, wait. 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Like Chronicles of Narnia? Clearly religious, not political like Oz.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Think CNN...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Think the Articles of Impeachment....

..oh, wait. 888mouth
that one was great
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington