Author Topic: Trump says reforming Social Security and Medicare is 'the easiest of all things' as he appears open  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That is the tricky part. I don't think you can just overturn it. I think it needs to be taken out of the hands of the fed and, for instance, placed in a trust run by the governors combined, supplemented by federal dollars until the current obligations (to the old and disabled strictly) are fulfilled by attrition... Sunset at that time...

As to the rest, and ongoing, I think that needs to be according to the state, with both federal and state credits for those taking care of the elderly (thinking family care and corporate retirement matching)... and similar programs through county and religious organizations...

Something similar in medical. It is the jurisdiction of the states respectively, not the feds, and of religious charities historically. I think it needs to go back that way, with relief as needed... If a guy has an ailing mother in his house, his burden is increased, and I think helping him is better than any government could do - both in care and in cost.

But that also means that all governments need to keep their mitts out of medical and charity and actually allow dedctions, 100%, for anything related to anyone for their participation, as much as is possible.

I would be in trouble here in Washington State.  They would surely take my retirement and give it to the illegals.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.