Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 22nd 2020  (Read 386 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Jan. 22nd 2020
« on: January 22, 2020, 06:56:08 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Drive-Bys Cling to GOP “Cracks” and “Copious Notes”

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH: Yesterday I made a point that the Democrats and the media are gonna try to find enough Republicans and turn ’em into Jeff Flakes. In fact, let’s start the audio sound bites. To review this, grab audio sound bite number 1. We’ll do 1, 2, and 3. We got some examples of the media trying to do this, and then the piece de resistance is the acknowledgment that they failed. So here is how I characterized this yesterday.

RUSH ARCHIVE: The Drive-By Media is all ecstatic because they think McConnell has already caved by giving an additional day to present cases, two days was the original, 12 hours a day, 24 hours total. He’s now moved it to three. Many liberal journalists, “See? He’s beginning to cave. He knows that he’s about to lose four Republicans.” … The media wants you to think McConnell is caving and that four Republican recalcitrants are maybe gonna win the day and Schumer may end up running the trial. Don’t fall for any of that. It’s the usual attempt to dispirit you, depress you, and all of that.

RUSH: Now, this next bite, this is exactly, exactly as I predicted as yesterday’s show ended. The Drive-Bys tried to portray a minor rule change made by McConnell as a crack. You know, McConnell gave them an additional day, three days instead of – he gave them 24 hours over two days. So it’d be two 12-hour days to present their case. McConnell, “Okay. Okay. We’ll give you three days.” They try to portray that as a major, major crack.

LESTER HOLT: Do you read that as — as potential cracks?

RYAN GOODMAN: We’ve seen cracks emerge that we wouldn’t have anticipated just 24 hours ago.

MAGGIE HABERMAN: I agree that there are some cracks here.

ERIN BURNETT: You see those cracks?

KASIE HUNT: … crack the door open…

CHUCK TODD: That’s a crack! That’s a crack!

ANDREA MITCHELL: Mitch McConnell may not have a control over this.

ANDREW MCCABE: Republicans pushed back on McConnell’s resolution. That is the first small, but first crack in the Republican wall that the Democrats have seen since this entire thing began.

RUSH: You know who that last voice is? Andrew McCabe, fired from the FBI for lying. He ran the coup along with Brennan and whoever else from the U.K., MI5. Andrew McCabe is on CNN engaging in partisan political analysis. “Republicans pushed back on McConnell’s resolution. This the first small crack, the first crack in the Republican wall.” This is the guy at the FBI that ran the show. It’s obvious.

How’s the guy even on TV? He’s on TV because CNN and the media are all-in as left-wing Democrat activists. So there’s Andrew McCabe all excited, all happy that he thinks the Republicans caved. The Drive-Bys were hyperventilating over the potential that there’s a bunch of Jeff Flakes out there. Here’s a montage from yesterday and last night.

DAVID MUIR: The senators that we have been watching very closely in recent weeks, the moderates, Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, all taking copious notes.

RUSH: Stop the tape! Taking copious notes. “Oh, my God. Folks, they’re taking copious notes. They’re about to cave. They’re writing things down. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. We may have found some Flakes here. They’re taking notes.” They were so excited. Resume tape.

CHIP REID: …some of them are busily taking notes.

PETER ALEXANDER: …many of them taking extensive notes.

DANA BASH: Cory Gardner who is probably up for the toughest re-election bid this year taking copious notes, same with Susan Collins and others.

LISA DESJARDINS: Some senators are taking copious notes. Those are some of the swing senators, including Senator Mitt Romney of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine.

RUSH: Can you spell “desperation”? So they’re out there, they’re taking copious notes. Every Drive-By comment, copious notes. Not writing down notes. Not making notes. Not feverishly composing. Copious. And this was to signal another sign that there was a break in the unity on the Republican side because four Republicans were taking notes. Can you spell desperation? So how did it all end? Well, this morning Chuck You Schumer held a press conference on Capitol Hill.

SCHUMER: On four separate votes every Senate Republican voted against requesting relevant documents for the trial.

RUSH: Wait. What?

SCHUMER: On three other votes, every Senate Republican voted –

RUSH: What?

SCHUMER: — against calling relevant witnesses before the Senate.

SCHUMER: McConnell was forced to tweak his organizing resolution before it was even offered with modifications scrawled in the margins after several Senate Republicans agreed with Democratic objections. The fact McConnell had to change his resolution showed that Republicans can make this trial more fair if they want to.

RUSH: See, there we go. It’s unfair to begin with because the Republicans were involved. It’s up to the Republicans to give Democrats what they want. That’s how you define fairness. But after all of the hoping and the heavy breathing and the panting by the Drive-By Media that there was a crack, that the Republicans had found four Jeff Flakes, they were taking copious notes. When it all ended up, Schumer announced on four separate votes every Senate Republican voted against what the Democrats wanted.

There wasn’t a crack, was there? They didn’t find any Flakes. But what about the copious notes? What about all of the fairness? So Schumer’s reduced to saying here that McConnell adding a day to the presentation of the evidence shows that Republicans can be fair if they want to.

You know what the truth of this is? I mean on the ground. The truth of this is that people that tried to watch more than an hour of this were being challenged by severe boredom. People that were inclined to watch this are sufficiently informed to have heard all of this before.

And I’ll tell you, rather than the media and the Democrats finding four Jeff Flakes, the truth of the matter is that Romney and the other three, they’re beginning to sense the Democrats are blowing it. I think some of these Republicans are open to it. I think they’re open to hoping the Democrats got something here. But I think after yesterday, Romney and these other three are sensing the Democrats are blowing it.

How can you not sense they’re blowing it? Nadler and Schiff alone.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 22nd 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 06:57:09 pm »

Make Schiff the Center of This So-Called Trial

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH: Now, you could be mistaken if you are confused. Greetings, my friends. Great to have you with us. It’s Rush Limbaugh, the EIB Network and yet another three-hour excursion into broadcast excellence. Telephone number here if you want to be on the program, 800-282-2882.

Now, today is supposed to be the start of the opening arguments in this so-called impeachment trial. Never mind the Democrats could not wait, they turned a debate that was supposed to be about whether to call witnesses before or after opening arguments into their opening arguments. They did their opening argument yesterday as part of — it’s so obvious what this is, folks.

And I think the reason they did it is because they realize that after the first day the public’s gonna lose interest in this and very few people — it’s gonna be a declining audience rating as it was for all of the other impeachment proceedings the Democrats were in charge of. And so they wanted to get as much out there as they could. It’s clear this is a 2020 campaign issue.

I just saw Andy McCarthy on TV, and he made a point that what happened in 10 or 11 hours yesterday in the Senate in a normal courtroom nobody would have ever seen, it would have happened in maybe two to three hours. As the lawyers for both sides submit motions to the court, the court rules, there is no public debate about it. The court makes the decision, that’s the last word on it.

But this is a televised fiasco, and it’s a spectacle. And so we had 10, 11 hours where the Democrats — I think we also now know why the Democrats, in part, delayed presenting the articles of impeachment, and that was so that they could prepare all of the graphics and all of the video highlights and taking Trump totally out of context. It’s painful to watch.

It’s painful to watch these people on the Democrat side continue to get away with these mischaracterizations, the outright lies and the out-of-context lies. And one of the biggest ones is their continuing effort to say that Trump wants to act like a dictator, that they quote him as saying, “I’m president. I can do anything I want.” And everybody knows that he was talking about firing Mueller in that excerpt.

He was explaining to people Article II gives him the power to run the executive branch. Mueller was special counsel. He could fire Mueller any time he wanted. “I can do anything I want.” They have taken that and they have been using it for the past number of months to suggest Trump is saying as president he can do anything he wants about anything. And everybody in that Senate chamber yesterday knows exactly what they’re doing.

Schiff was unmasked. He was undressed yesterday. He was exposed as lying big time on the entire characterization, the transcript of the phone call that Trump had with the president of Ukraine, Zelensky. But the theme yesterday from the Democrats was McConnell wants to hold a trial with no evidence. And they’re doing things, saying things that they hope will resonate with whoever they think are average, ordinary Americans.

And that’s why “fairness” is such a big word in American politics. They think “fairness” is one of these words that cuts through, and if anything is unfair, then it’s unjust. If it’s unfair, it’s incorrect. If it’s unfair, it’s usually the Republicans on the wrong side of it. So they make the case here that McConnell wants to hold a trial with no evidence and this is not fair, whoever does a trial without evidence?

Well, it’s up to them to present the evidence. We just keep recycling these things. They keep lying about the same old things and we keep correcting the lies for those that listen to us, people we have a chance to influence here. The House is supposed to provide the Senate the evidence. All McConnell can do is work with what the House has handed him. They keep going, “Well, that’s not what happened in the Clinton trial.” The Clinton trial took depositions.

What they’re even saying about that is a lie, is a mischaracterization. And the reason that all of this is happening, the primary thing that the Democrats are demanding for more witnesses and documents is because they know they don’t have enough evidence to convict a ham sandwich, much less the president of the United States.

Jerry Nadler, the round mound of the gavel himself on the final day of public hearings pronounced the facts are indisputable, that the Democrats had proved their case beyond any shadow of a doubt. Adam Schiff said the same thing when he wrapped up his sham hearings. And now all of a sudden they get to the Senate, they don’t have enough evidence. It was clear as a bell. They are trying to turn this impeachment proceeding into a pro-Democrat political operation. They’re trying to turn this into a usual opposition research effort.

And the chief justice is obviously a Never Trumper, and I know a lot of you people called, and you were concerned about that, and I’ve gotten some notes from people, “I’m surprised that the chief justice voting so often with the Democrats.” Why? The guy’s a Never Trumper. The guy wants to get into Georgetown, the guy wants to be accepted by Georgetown, he wants to get favorable pieces in the Washington Post Style section.

None of this is a mystery. It’s always been what it’s been. It’s always gonna be an obstacle, it’s always gonna be a fight and a battle. Placing it in the proper context where people understand what’s going on so they can properly judge it is what is important here. They claimed that they had presented enough evidence that slam dunk, president is guilty, let’s move on over to the Senate, let’s get this done.

They get to the Senate, they don’t have enough evidence all of a sudden. Now they want to start calling witnesses. As I said yesterday it’s another myth, witnesses to what? There aren’t any crimes. There are no impeachable offenses. And nobody witnessed anything. They keep recycling this, “Well, he withheld the money from Ukraine. He was holding it over.” He didn’t withhold the money. Ukraine got the money and even more.

I think this is one of the objectives, to get us so frustrated, at our wits’ end constantly correcting them that we throw up our hands in frustration. But I’ve got a take on this that I want to share with you.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I really think the Republicans ought to bring Schiff in here and put him front and center and I think they ought to call him. I think they ought to make everything the Democrats are doing related to Adam Schiff. This guy needs to upheld front and center as the energy, the face behind this entire thing, because he’ll fold. Folks, he hasn’t said much that is the truth since this began.

Now we’ve got a story, this is from Real Clear Investigations. Whistleblower was overheard two weeks after Trump was inaugurated. Eric Ciaramella, the whistleblower, two weeks after Trump took office, Ciaramella “was overheard in the White House discussing with another staffer how to remove,” Trump from office.

They began discussing and formulating plans leading to an impeachment or whatever. This is independent of the Russia collusion hoax. Two weeks! This guy and another guy named Misko, Sean Misko, who was hired by Schiff when this whole impeachment stuff got started. Ciaramella, the whistleblower, and there are two Obama holdovers.

Somehow they remained in the White House after Trump was inaugurated, were holdovers. Nobody knew to get rid of ’em. And they were overheard planning impeachment. And here we are two weeks after Trump was inaugurated, before any phone call to the Ukraine, before any of this.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I really think it’s critical to expose Adam Schiff in this, I think. If we’re gonna start calling witnesses (we’ll talk about that), get Schiff up there first. Everything revolves around Schiff. You are looking at human slime. I don’t like saying that. You’re just looking at a bad guy, folks. You’re looking at a really bad, poisoned guy. The guy is so partisan that he has just abandoned all pretense of decency — and he cannot tell the truth about any of this.

He doesn’t have a case telling the truth, so he’s manufacturing things. His latest lying is he made up a lie about Zev Parnas my policy talking with the president of Ukraine, Zelensky, and got the wrong Z! He was not talking with Zelensky. Parnas was talking to some oligarch whose name began with Z. This guy… His mind is so corrupted that he sees a Z in front of a Ukrainian name and assumes it’s Zelensky, and then he assumes that Lev Parnas was talking to Zelensky when he wasn’t — and he says this during the Senate trial!

He’s just openly lying about things, and it’s the poison of this hatred that he’s got for Trump. Adam Schiff is typical of this radical left mentality that has taken over the Democrat Party. It is unreasonable, it is indecent, it has no boundaries of propriety. So I think the guy needs to be exposed. I think he needs to be brought front and center. He’s the guy with ties to the whistleblower, Ciaramella — who we now know has been working on this for two weeks after Trump was inaugurated.

Maybe forcing Schiff to testify under oath could explain the origins of this entire fiasco.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to elaborate a little bit on something I glossed over a moment ago when talking about Schiff and how he needs to be made the face of all of this. This is about the lie that Schiff told about Lev Parnas and who he’s talking to. The news is that this is apparently an intentional lie, that Schiff did not make a mistake; he did not confuse two different people whose last names begin with a Z.

He knew that Lev Parnas had not spoken to Zelensky but said that he did anyway! Now, this was in a text that Lev Parnas sent to Rudy Giuliani — Schiff’s own team. The Z that Parnas was talking about is the oligarch who runs Burisma. That’s who Lev Parnas was talking to, and Schiff got hold of that text says and, “Oh, no. He’s sending a note to Zelensky.” Meaning, “This Parnas guy, he knows a lot that he hasn’t told us! He’s got an in with the president of Ukraine!”

It’s not true.

The reason that we know that Schiff did this intentionally is because he redacted the rest of the text message to Rudy that made it clear that Parnas was talking about the guy who runs Burisma, not Zelensky. But I’ll tell you, Schiff is so monomaniacal, he was even willing to lie to the Round Mound of the Gavel, Jerry Nadler, who’s the person he sent this evidence to. He gave it to Nadler to use. He set Nadler up! He facilitated Nadler telling his same lie.

This is assuming Nadler wasn’t in on it. They both could have been on it. And the Drive-By Media’s completely ignoring this, even though it was uncovered by Politico. The Politico is who uncovered this. Politico uncovered the fact that Schiff knowingly misrepresented this text message from Lev Parnas claiming that it went to the president, Zelensky, of Ukraine, when it didn’t.

It went to the guy that founded Burisma! They’re completely ignoring this in the media because it exposes Schiff to be the obsessed liar that we have said he is. The guy is just… (sigh) I don’t know, folks. I don’t know how to politely describe what I’m actually thinking about the guy. (sigh) It’s despicable what the guy’s doing. He needs to be fully exposed.

By the way, did you hear about Mayor Pete? Did you hear what Mayor Pete did, trying to endear himself to the black community? Mayor Pete said that he prefers Popeyes chicken to Chick-fil-A. Did you hear that? He made a big deal out of pointing out that he thinks Popeyes chicken is much better than Chick-fil-A to a black audience. Now, can you imagine if a Republican did anything like that? You would not be… (interruption) No, I didn’t hear that. That’s all you would have heard about!

Okay. Let’s go to the Atlanta. Let’s start with Karen on the phones. I’m glad you called, Karen. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Hi.

CALLER: Hey, Rush. I am so glad that you are back.

RUSH: Thank you. Me too.

CALLER: When you were sick, I put you at the top of my prayer list. (giggles)

RUSH: Well, I appreciate that. I’m glad to be back, too.

CALLER: Well, I listen to you all the time, and I hear you ask people, “Why are they so afraid of Trump?” and I have a theory. My theory is that he runs the country like a business. You have to get things done, and he gets things done, and he could get everything done that we need done where they’ve been there for years.

RUSH: Okay. So why does that scare them? Wait a suh. Why does that scare them? Why does getting things done scare them?

CALLER: Because we won’t have to pay these big old salaries, and they would only have to come maybe twice a year to legislate, and maybe we should go back to the day where it was volunteer; you did it for your country.

RUSH: Well, you know, you’re on to something when talking about “some people.” There are… I think people like Schiff, I don’t think it matters that Trump gets things done. I don’t think it matters. I think it’s so deeply personal with Schiff that he simply has lost any boundaries of propriety and decency. He’s just a despicable, despicable person doing what he’s doing and the way he’s going about it. Now, I think more along the lines what you were talking about, Washington has evolved over many generations.

And what is one of the most often heard complaints from the citizens, from people, about Washington? They say, “Can’t get anything done. It takes so long.” People’s expectations are so low because of how long it takes to get things done — and people in Washington, they further us thinking that. They further the belief. “Oh, it’s so big, it’s so massive, we’re trying to…” The people that run for office, campaign, XY & Z promises of what they’re gonna do.

They get elected, and nothing ever happens — and I think that’s the trick. I think the trick is having convinced us that it’s really hard to get things done. It’s hard to get legislation passed. It’s hard to get it passed in two houses of Congress; then the president sign it. It’s really, really hard — and in that way, they get to maintain the status quo where they are the beneficiaries. So here comes Donald Trump. You want to talk about an earthquake?

In three years, look at what one man has been able to get done, not just get done, but change a bunch of garbage that was for the bad into good. It’s got ’em scared to death. Their cover is blown. Whether Trump is a businessman or not, doesn’t matter. It’s simply the fact that he can get in there and get things done. He can stop illegal immigration. He can cut taxes. He can cause the biggest economic boom that we have seen in 50 years.

He can create the lowest unemployment — with policy! It can be done. This is what has them upset. The American people can now see it can be done. It can be done in three years. It can be done in two years. It can be done with the right guy at the top. It can be done — all the while making America great again. We don’t have to give Iran nuclear weapons to do it. We don’t have to arm our enemies. We don’t have to let illegals into the country. We don’t have to do anything of the sort. We’re not guilty.

The United States isn’t guilty.

We don’t have to apologize for anything.

This is such a major shakeup for what has become the standard, daily perception of Washington — and it’s got people scared to death. It’s got people upset, because their game has been exposed. So the only thing they can do… They can’t run around and try to tell us that all these good things are not good for us. That’s why they’re trying to disqualify all these good things by saying that a corrupt skunk like Trump did it. That’s how they’re trying to disqualify it. Which is how they disqualify, or try to, all their critics: Personally destroy people.

That’s what they’re trying with Trump.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 07:30:53 pm »

What’s Next After Impeachment?

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH: You know, my friends, I am never locked in the moment. I am always thinking ahead. It’s one of the frustrating things, by the way. I don’t get stuck in the present because the present is where the deception is. And as we now know, there’s always the next phase. This impeachment is gonna bomb. All right? Trump is not going to be convicted.

I don’t care what happens between now and when that happens, it’s gonna be a bunch of stuff the media’s gonna try to make you think is big and the Democrats are winning and the Republicans are being unfair because they got something to hide because everybody knows Trump did it, but when this is all over, Trump is going to be acquitted.

So what’s next? ‘Cause there is gonna be something next. When this impeachment fiasco gets buried, what’s the next psychodrama? Are we gonna have another whistleblower? Is somebody gonna magically find, after Trump’s acquitted, some new evidence on this Ukraine phone call? Or is it gonna be something entirely different?

Is it gonna be another phone call about something else but still related to foreign policy that somebody’s gonna leak? Because if you think this is it, well, then you haven’t learned the Democrats and the left and the Drive-By Media like I have. They’ve got a bunch of stuff left in their back pockets. And I don’t know what it is, obviously.

Will there be new Ukraine pop-ups? Will there be Stormy Daniels 3, Michael Cohen version 2.5? They’ve got 10 months. They’ve got 10 months. And these people cannot stand normalcy, the Democrats. They cannot stand days going by that are, frankly, normal where nothing in Washington is happening to distract anybody.

There has to be a scandal. There has to be something that’s got everybody all stirred up. And I don’t know what it is. Maybe as we get closer there will be some signs of what it is, because what’s gonna happen as we get closer to the end of this — and the obvious end is the acquittal — as we approach that, we might get some indication of where they’re heading next because they won’t be able to help themselves.

But one thing we know, from the moment the votes were counted on election night, Donald Trump has been in crisis. Donald Trump has been in the crosshairs. Donald Trump is being investigated. From the moment he won the election, there has been something. There hasn’t been a day off. And there won’t be. And I think they are digging their own grave every day they do this. But they don’t.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 07:31:32 pm »

The Democrat Side: What They All Have in Common

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH: I think what’s happening here in this impeachment trial is them making the case for 20 — ’cause, you know, if you like at their side, look at their presidential campaign, it’s a disaster. It’s an absolute disaster. There isn’t any unity on the Democrat side. It’s obvious who hates who over there. Hillary Clinton’s got her nose out of joint so bad still over having lost that she’s trying to sabotage everybody else on the Democrat side, including Crazy Bernie. She’s walked back some criticism of Crazy Bernie because she been under incredible pressure to do so.

But now you got Doomberg. Doomberg’s in there dropping millions of dollars on ads. And he’s moving up in the Democrat polls. But he doesn’t have a prayer. Now, look, I say this, knock on Formica, doesn’t have a prayer. Any standard, ordinary conventional wisdom can always be upset; there are always exceptions. But in the current media and TV age, Doomberg doesn’t have a prayer. But his objective may be something else. Maybe he does want to win.

Now, one thing that he has promised or assured is that he’s going to spend a billion dollars. And he’s gonna infuse the Democrat campaign with a billion dollars. I don’t care how much Trump raises, they’re not gonna have that much. And if Bloomberg does that, even if it’s not for him, if he does that that means whoever wins the Democrat nomination is not gonna have to waste a lot of time fundraising if Bloomberg’s gonna underwrite the whole thing, however that happens.

But right now the Democrat primary is an absolute — let me go through what’s happening on that side. Let me set the table for play-by-play of the Democrat Party — ’cause that’s what I do. I do play-by-play of the news here. Tulsi Gabbard has sued Hillary Clinton for defamation, for calling her a Russian agent. You didn’t know that? See, that just happened, we just heard about that this morning. And don’t laugh about it. Don’t forget. Nick Sandmann won his defamation suit — well, a big settlement, and now he’s moving on to others. This can be won.

Hillary’s out there calling her a Russian agent, so she sued Hillary. Hillary says no one likes Crazy Bernie. Now, she’s walked that back. I’ll get to that detail in a moment. But it was out there all day yesterday and all night last night, that nobody likes Bernie, that he’s crazy. The truth is nobody likes her. The truth of the matter on the Democrat side, nobody likes her.

Fauxcahontas, Elizabeth Warren, has accused Crazy Bernie of being a lying sexist. This is about Bernie supposedly saying that no woman would ever be elected president. Now, Bernie’s denied saying it. (imitating Bernie) “That’s silly. I couldn’t possibly. I mean, Hillary Clinton got the nomination. Why would I possibly say this?” But Elizabeth Warren is still treating Bernie as though he did say it and is offering evidence to refute his point.

And Crazy Bernie says that Biden is lying about supporting Social Security. Obama has said that Biden doesn’t have it. The Obama people hate Crazy Bernie. And they’re gonna do whatever they can to undermine Crazy Bernie. Biden has bragged about getting a prosecutor in Ukraine fired while the Democrats accuse Trump of abuse of power. Biden has actually done what they’re trying to impeach Trump for or convict him for.

Mini Mike Doomberg is buying his way into the Democrat race. If he could buy six inches of height, I mean, without a foot school. What? I’m sorry if it sounds mean, but if there’s a picture of Doomberg next to a child, you can’t tell the difference unless you get close up on the face and see the age difference. I’m sorry. It’s just the way it is.

Mayor Pete’s getting all kinds of accolades. He’s getting the most conservative support in some liberal Democrat county in New Hampshire. That’s good for the Democrats? Being at the top of the list of support from conservatives? Mayor Pete and Amy trying to remain relevant in all of this.

But the one thing they have in common, every one of these people — Tulsi Gabbard, Hillary, Crazy Bernie, Fauxcahontas, Biden, Obama, Hunter Biden, Mini Mike, Mayor Pete, Amy Klobuchar, what do they all have in common? None of them can defeat Trump. That’s the one thing they have in common. And that’s why they want him removed from office.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:09 pm »

Democrats Have 24 Hours to Make a Case Without a Crime

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH: The Democrats now have 24 hours to make their case, two 12-hour days, ’cause the first day, the rules debate was yesterday. Twenty-four hours. Have you ever heard of any criminal trial with an opening argument, an opening statement of a week or four days. Twenty-four hours.

And here’s the rub. They don’t have a case. They don’t have a crime. They don’t have an impeachable offense. And yet they’re going to take 24 hours to present what they are going to try to convince people are crimes and impeachingable offenses. I don’t know how people are gonna put up with it. I don’t know how people are gonna watch 24 hours of this.

I really think the Republicans have only one sensible move here. Don’t engage them point by point ’cause they don’t have a case. The rejoinder to all of this must be you don’t have a case, you don’t have an offense, you don’t have an impeachable offense, you don’t have a crime, which is why you’re demanding witnesses ’cause you’re desperately hoping somebody could be forced to say something.

You shut down your own investigation, Democrats, after telling everybody you’ve made the cases. It was irrefutable. You could close it down and move it over to the articles of impeachment, take it over on to the Senate because you had made the case. Now you get to the Senate, and guess what? They’re whining and moaning that they’re not gonna get a fair trial.

Now, sadly, I don’t think I’m like most people. I have no tolerance for whining and complaining ’cause I don’t know how to deal with it. I don’t know what I’m supposed to say. But that’s all these people are doing. And I think a lot of people don’t mind other people whining and moaning because it gives them an excuse to join in the whining and moaning.

What I have found when you start telling other people your problems, 80% don’t care and 20% are glad that you have them. But it’s never persuasive. After a while whining and moaning and complaining turns people off. But that’s all they’ve got. Here. Grab sound bite number 21. This is Pencil Neck. The Democrats held a press conference outside on Capitol Hill outside the Senate chamber. And here’s Adam Schiff.

SCHIFF: The House should have the opportunity to prove its case. And if we prove our case, the Senate should convict and remove the president from office. But the Senate should allow us a fair trial. Let the American people hear what John Bolton has to say. Let the people here what Mick Mulvaney has to say or Secretary Pompeo or any of the other witnesses with relevant information.

RUSH: Right. Why didn’t you call ’em? Why didn’t you call ’em. Well, because you didn’t need ’em. You said your case was made. You were ready to take your two pathetic articles of impeachment over to the Senate, make the case ’cause you had made it, slam dunk. Let the people hear what John Bolton has to say? What we need is for Schiff to be on the stand.

Adam Schiff is the witness that needs to be called, and we need to find out from Adam Schiff, when did you first meet the whistleblower and when did you two people plan this? Why didn’t you call the whistleblower? Why did you drop the whistleblower as the primary impetus for all of this? Why didn’t the whistleblower continue to be the primary evidence maker and engine of your case?

We know the answers to all of this. I just wonder, 24 hours of these people making a case, they have no choice here but than to keep lying, to keep making things up, to keep trashing the president. They claim Trump is serial at it and it’s part of his being. These people are out of control on all of this. And now this bleating and pleading for fairness, the Senate should allow us a fair trial?

Like I said, before the break at the top of the hour you was watching — I don’t know what it was — the cable news, six of one, a half dozen of the other, and I think Congressman Lee Zeldin was the guest. And the question came, “Do you think, because we’ve got polling data, the American people want a fair trial.” Well, of course. If you ask them, “Do you want an unfair trial or fair trial,” what do you think the answer is gonna be? Do you want a fair trial? The American people say they want a fair trial.

“Should the Republicans agree to call witnesses so that, uh, they’re seen to be conducting a fair trial?” The impetus always falls upon the Republicans. The presumption is the Republicans are gaming the system. The presumption is the Republicans are cheating, the Republicans are denying these poor Democrats. Is it up to the Republicans to allow witnesses so they can be seen. Isn’t it always? Is it up to the Republicans to let this happen or let that happen so that people can see that Republicans are not racist, sexist, bigots, homophobes?

It’s not the way to deal with it. The way to deal with this, the Democrats have shown up in this chamber from the House as bullies. You’ve got Schiff and you’ve got Nadler and you’ve got the rest of them. They are showing up as bullies, and that’s how they need to be treated and reacted to. They whine and moan about a fair trial. The Senate should allow us a fair trial. When you wouldn’t even call these witnesses yourself.

What do you think Bolton’s gonna say? What do you think Mulvaney is gonna say? Let me explain this Mulvaney business. You may remember this. Mulvaney is the chief of staff. He had a press conference in, I don’t know, a few months ago, but in relation to all this. And Mulvaney is a dyed-in-the-wool literalist and realist. And he doesn’t suffer fools well.

So the press, “What do you think? Did the president, did the president withhold aid?” And Mulvaney: This is the way it works. It’s not just us. Hey, wake up. This is how you conduct foreign policy. You’re always trying to use leverage. Every president in history has attempted to bend foreign countries to our will. We are trying to make allies, and we’re trying to make allies act in our best interests. We’ve got several ways of doing that. Wake up. This is how it happens.

Press doesn’t get that. All the press heard was Mulvaney, “Of course Trump did it. Of course he did it, and we’re happy he did it.” They think Mulvaney just indicted Trump with his answer, when all Mulvaney did was tell the truth about how American foreign policy is conducted by a president who is trying to make America great again, put America first, have allies who we are paying end up actually helping us and supporting us.

There’s nothing unusual whatsoever about Trump’s relationship with Ukraine. He’s not the first president to use the leverage of foreign aid to get what we want out of a foreign country. But this is all being portrayed as though Ukraine is some little island somewhere of helpless waifs and without us they might not even exist and President Trump is so mean that he was withholding money from them until Ukraine put Joe Biden in jail for it. And that’s what they want people to think this was about, and it isn’t.

So they want to get Mulvaney up there, and they want him to repeat what he said because they think Mulvaney indicts Trump. But all Mulvaney is doing is trying to tell these brick heads in the media how this stuff actually works in the real world and how it happens.

So 24 hours to make their case, 24 hours. With not a single bit of relevant evidence, not a single impeachable offense. Lord, can you imagine the tripe people are gonna hear? And for how long are they gonna put up with it? And the Republicans, of course, they get their chance to respond to this, they make their case as well. And I just think the Republicans ought to continue as the primary driver of their presentation that the Democrats have nothing, there is no evidence, there isn’t any impeachable offense.

The reason they want additional witnesses is because they don’t have — every witness they brought up before their committee, before Schiff’s committee, was asked point-blank, “Did you ever see the president commit an impeachable offense?” Not one of them was able to raise their hands.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:55 pm »

Trump’s Base Won’t Fall for This

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH: Here we have Jennifer in Norfolk. Great to have you on the program. Hi.

CALLER: Rush, so fun to talk to you. Thanks for taking this call.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: Rush, I think that obviously we know the Dems, they did not come up with any evidence or support of a crime, and they’ve relied on the optics just being on the nightly news, on the mainstream media theme, “we have the evidence, we have the evidence,” and their followers didn’t really demand that evidence. And I think they’re relying again on optics, something along the lines of what you’re saying, that they rely on the fact that the general public doesn’t know about the procedure, that it was actually the House’s responsibility to bring this testimony to come up with the evidence when it was their turn.

And now they’re presenting the optics of the trial begins in the Senate, like you were saying, that this is about a fair trial starting now, acting like this is a time for bringing evidence, the time for issuing subpoenas, and, therefore, if the public doesn’t know that there was already an opportunity for that, it’s gonna look like the Senate is — they are the ones blocking this and obstructing justice. And those are, again, just the optics of making these Republicans look bad.

RUSH: Yeah. If this were five, six years ago, I would sign on to that.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: In a generic politics-as-it’s-always-been atmosphere, you’re absolutely right. That’s how it would be portrayed, and that’s how we would be told the American people see it. I know it’s tempting to look at it as though they have successfully maneuvered this in such a way that the Republicans look like they’re obstructing, that they don’t want any evidence ’cause they’re trying to hide the fact that Trump did it or what have you, and the media’s helping.

But I think the media has not been getting away with that. The Democrats have not been getting away with that during the past two years of Trump. I don’t believe that Trump’s approval numbers aren’t over 50%, for example, and I don’t believe the polling data out there that says the American people — of course if you ask ’em, do you want a fair trial or unfair trial, what do you think they’re gonna say?

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: Nobody’s for an unfair trial. So you get these silly poll questions and silly poll results, which then drive media coverage and drive media questions of Republicans and so forth. But I think what overrides your concern — and it’s a legitimate concern — is that I think the people who compromise Trump’s base are not gonna fall for any of this. They haven’t fallen for any of it in three years, Jennifer. Why would they fall for this?

They know exactly — the people that voted for Trump — in fact, there are people that are now part of Trump’s base that didn’t vote for him in 2016. Trump’s base has expanded. It’s grown. I think there is probably more awareness today than ever before about how the media has attempted to influence public opinion, and people are standing up and opposed to it. I think people don’t talk to pollsters as often. I think they lie to pollsters.

But Jennifer, this is not happening in a vacuum. This is following two years of people being promised that Trump colluded with Russia and then there wasn’t any evidence. This follows three years of people being promised that Trump did this or did that or did this, and there hasn’t been a single bit of evidence for any of it.

There is no public clamoring to throw Trump out of office. There’s no public clamoring to put Trump on trial. This is all concocted by the media. It’s an entire political operation by the Democrat Party aimed at the 2020 campaign. It’s not feeding off public opinion. It’s not the result of public opinion. The Democrats don’t care about. If this were the result of public opinion they would have stood down long ago. This is not what the American people want to be happening.

I’m gonna tell you this. You go back to the Clinton impeachment years and Clinton was impeached for legitimate crimes, but the economy back then was roaring, the economy was good. People didn’t want anything interrupting that. They didn’t support the impeachment. They didn’t want any part of it. Why should that change now? The American people don’t want anything to happen to Trump, especially the people that voted for him. So I think they’re throwing things up against the wall hoping something sticks, but I don’t think anything is sticking.

CALLER: So in light of what you’ve said, you’re right, of course. But in light of what you’ve said, we need to fight against things like net neutrality and whatever they’re doing to AM radio because I think it’s because of free speech obviously —

RUSH: Wait a minute. What are they doing to AM radio?

CALLER: Well, aren’t they doing something — okay. This is gonna show my lack of staying up on this. But they always talk about AM radio as if it is making people extreme or, you know — I guess they talk about AM radio like it’s creating a problem in our nation and we need to get rid of it.

RUSH: Well, now, they constantly ping-pong back and forth on the Fairness Doctrine. You have to understand something, Jennifer, when you hear “AM radio,” you just need to think my name.

CALLER: I know. (laughing)

RUSH: And in that sense, yeah, for 31 years, Jennifer, they’ve been trying to nullify or negate me. They haven’t succeeded. The idea that they’re — net neutrality? Yeah. They bombed out on that too. The left is always gonna try. We can’t take the fact that the left is trying to do this and automatically assume that we’re losing just ’cause they’re trying. They’re failing. They’re corrupting culture in a lot of ways, but they’re failing at — they have not — is Trump still president?

CALLER: Yes, thank God.

RUSH: What would you rather Trump be — let’s go to back to the Nixon administration when he was under this kind of fire. Where was Nixon when this was all happening?

CALLER: He was president when things were going down —

RUSH: Right. But I mean how — this may be unfair, you may not have been alive then. Were you alive when Nixon was going through his impeachment —

CALLER: I was in sixth grade.

RUSH: Okay. So let me tell you where Nixon was. When the same kind of fire was being launched at him, Nixon was in the White House, and he was hunkered down, and he was having meetings with people, and he was strategizing how to beat it back, and he was responding totally to it. Where’s Trump?

CALLER: In the White House.

RUSH: No. He’s in Davos.

CALLER: Oh!

RUSH: He’s giving the greatest economic speech that we have heard in 35 —

CALLER: That’s great. That’s great.

RUSH: Donald Trump is building up the economy. He’s not even paying attention to this, other than a tweet now and then.

CALLER: Good point.

RUSH: Donald Trump is not acting like Nixon did. Donald Trump’s not giving this thing the time of day except to nuke it now and then in a tweet. Donald Trump is doing exactly what he was elected to do against all the odds and showing that these little fleabags are not affecting him whatsoever.

CALLER: (laughing) I like it.

RUSH: Aren’t you glad you called? Because you were prepared to say, “Oh, my God. We’re losing. They’re getting away with making it look like we’re obstructing.” Let me tell you this guy Schiff looks like a bug-eyed Pencil Neck alien. There’s no way this guy is gonna win a public opinion battle.

CALLER: No, I was thinking more about what they’re thinking and not the fact that they’re winning. But you’re right. And I was a schoolteacher who taught Millennials, and I am surrounded in my neighborhood with people who —

RUSH: Well, see, you’re surrounded by a bunch of corruption. You’re surrounded by a bunch of corrupt thinking. If you’re a schoolteacher it’s amazing that you haven’t been corrupted by it because you’re surrounded by it.

CALLER: I lived in Soviet Russia, and we never talked about politics at the dinner table and I didn’t know your name or anything.

RUSH: Right, because somebody might come shoot you if you said the wrong thing.

CALLER: Back in the eighties, we just didn’t talk politics in my family. Well, I lived in Russia and came back and I had all of my politics straightened out after living in the former Soviet Union right after it fell apart. And then I heard you right after I came back, I heard you on the radio, and I was like, “Oh, my gosh. This guy gets it.”

RUSH: Exactly right. Let me tell you something. You’re very perceptive in your fear that this could be seen as positioning the Republicans as obstructing. They’re trying that. Some people are gonna are. But Trump’s base, which he needs, is not gonna fall for this. Don’t worry about that.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 08:52:01 pm »

Pencil Neck Hijacks Senate: We Can’t Trust the Ballot Box Because of Russia!

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH : Folks, in a normal and sane world, Adam Schiff would have just stepped in it. We got the sound bite coming. I got a note saying that Schiff just said — and he’s doing his opening argument here as House manager number 1. He said, “We cannot trust the ballot box.” Now, where do you start with this?

Well, you start with Russia and these people still trying to convince people that Trump colluded with Russia and stole the 2016 election and is already working with Putin via Ukraine to steal the 2020 election. This is their case. That’s why Trump’s gotta go now. Trump’s gotta go now even before they convict him. They made a play in the last couple days to get Trump thrown out of office now even before any conviction because he’s threatening the 2020 election.

So Schiff just said, “We cannot trust the ballot box.” Ladies and gentlemen, there is not a shred of evidence that the election in 2016 was tampered with in any way, shape, manner, or form by Russia.

In all of the indictments that Robert Mueller handed down — listen to me on this. People have forgotten, it’s so long ago and it’s such a crowded, crowded news arena now — when Robert Mueller announced the indictments of the 11 Russian cyber troll farmers for doing, you know, chicanery on Facebook and all this other stuff, in the announcement of that indictment, Rosenstein, very last thing he said so that nobody would hear it, “There’s nothing in these indictments that shows one vote was changed because of the actions of the accused. There is nothing in these indictments that suggests the outcome all of a single election was changed because of the actions of those indicted in this indictment.”

They went out of their way to make everybody understand the Russians had no impact on votes, vote counting, vote tabulation, nothing. And yet the Democrat Party persists in lying to the American people. I told you that these people ought to be held accountable. They have done more to corrupt the honor and integrity of American elections than anything the Russians could have done had they succeeded.

The Democrats have made sure everybody doubts every election result they lose. When they lose, the Russians did it, Trump did it, what have you. They’re already accusing Trump of tampering with the 2020 election. Tell me, how would that happen? I don’t even want to go there. It’s patently absurd.

Schiff is lying through his teeth and now telling people — if I’m a Republican senator and I’m listening to this stuff I want to throw this guy out, somebody pound the gavel, say, “Why are we sitting here listening to this tripe?” We can’t trust the ballot box because of a phone call with Ukraine? I mean, it’s even ridiculous to assess this in specificity like this: “We can’t trust the ballot box.” Good Lord. There are a lot of uninformed people out there that are gonna be when they hear this. My God. Folks, this is the height of irresponsibility.

And why is it happening? These are the people that tell us how unhealthy it is to hate, how damaging it is to hate people, how unproductive. They have nothing but hate. They have hate for Trump, and it’s irrational, compounded. It’s impossible to properly categorize it for people. I’ll tell you something else Schiff did. Everything that these Democrats are saying can be refuted with fact. And here is another one.

Schiff was talking at some point in the last 20 minutes about how important the aid Trump withheld from Ukraine is. It was deplorable. It was horrible. It was mean. It was risky what Trump did. Because Ukraine needs that aid to protect itself from Russia. But, of course, Trump, being in the back pocket of Russia, doesn’t want Ukraine to be able to protect itself. This is what Schiff is saying and implying. Talking about how important the aid to Ukraine was and how mean and how inexcusable it was of Trump to delay it.

Okay. Let’s go to back to Ukraine before Trump. Let’s go to back to Ukraine during the eight years of Barack Obama. The reason Ukraine does not have a significant military apparatus is because we forced them to get rid of it, the Obama administration. And in exchange for Ukraine doing that, we signed a pact or a treaty pledging to come to their defense should they be attacked and unable to defend themselves.

You know what? They were attacked. Russia attacked Crimea, part of Ukraine, and literally took it. Russia came in, Vladimir Putin, while Obama was president, and annexed, took, Ukraine. We offer not one shred of help. We didn’t offer any assistance. We didn’t abide by the treaty or the pact that we had signed. And here’s this lying little scum ball telling everybody how endangered Ukraine was because of Trump.

Who gave them the aid? They got the military aid that Trump promised and they ended up getting more than we had promised to give them. It was withheld for a matter of days, but they got it. They did not get any aid from Obama or Adam Schiff or the Democrats during the Obama eight years. They didn’t get any assistance. We didn’t follow through on a commitment we had made.

Barack Obama practically made sure that Vladimir Putin could come in and take part of Ukraine. And these people have the gall to go to the floor of the United States Senate today and claim that Donald Trump, by delaying aid, endangered our good buddy and ally, Ukraine, and put them at great risk. They got their aid. They got more than they were planning on getting.

We have a new relationship with Ukraine. Ukraine has always been a corrupt place, Eastern Bloc, communist related. It’s corruption. It’s communism. Got a reform president. Trump wants to make sure that they’re not gonna continue the same kind of corruption before giving the money. None of this is anything but smart.

Our foreign policy with Ukraine, the way Trump handled it, is nothing but smart if you consider the United States as good guys. But besides that, Adam Schiff knows full well we sold out Ukraine during Obama, that we let Putin take Crimea. And yet here he is trying to tell people how important the aid that Trump denied was to the security of Ukraine.

It’s Adam Schiff and Barack Obama and the Democrat Party which did not step up, did not step forward and help Ukraine at all, didn’t even lift a finger when Russia and Putin came and annexed Crimea.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s the Schiff sound bites, audio sound bite number 23. And this is during his opening argument. Let’s go ahead and listen to this and see if it’s exactly as it was told to me.

SCHIFF: An attempt to use the powers of the presidency to cheat in an election for precisely this reason, the president’s misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box, for we cannot be assured that the vote will be fairly won.

RUSH: He actually said it. The son of a… actually said it. “An attempt to use the powers of the presidency to cheat in an election for precisely this reason, the president’s misconduct cannot be decided at the ballot box.” Meaning we can’t wait for the American people to decide because you people don’t know enough to throw the guy out. The Democrats have to be in charge of this. Your vote doesn’t count anymore.

I’m telling you, folks — do not doubt me — they are digging a grave. I know it’s tough to see it that way because the Drive-By Media heralds them and makes ’em look like heroes.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Listen to this again, July 13th, 2018, after 11 Russians had been indicted by Mueller.

ROSENSTEIN: There’s no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There’s no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.

RUSH: That after the indictment of 12 Russians for hacking the Democrat National Committee. Schiff is so full of it, folks, the guy could probably float. I don’t know.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 10:42:01 pm »

Drive-Bys Cling to GOP “Cracks” and “Copious Notes”

Jan 22, 2020

RUSH: Yesterday I made a point that the Democrats and the media are gonna try to find enough Republicans and turn ’em into Jeff Flakes. In fact, let’s start the audio sound bites. To review this, grab audio sound bite number 1. We’ll do 1, 2, and 3. We got some examples of the media trying to do this, and then the piece de resistance is the acknowledgment that they failed. So, here is how I characterized this yesterday.

RUSH ARCHIVE: The Drive-By Media is all ecstatic because they think McConnell has already caved by giving an additional day to present cases, two days was the original, 12 hours a day, 24 hours total. He’s now moved it to three. Many liberal journalists, “See? He’s beginning to cave. He knows that he’s about to lose four Republicans.” … The media wants you to think McConnell is caving and that four Republican recalcitrants are maybe gonna win the day and Schumer may end up running the trial. Don’t fall for any of that. It’s the usual attempt to dispirit you, depress you, and all of that.

RUSH: Now, this next bite, this is exactly, exactly as I predicted as yesterday’s show ended. The Drive-Bys tried to portray a minor rule change made by McConnell as a crack. You know, McConnell gave them an additional day, three days instead of – he gave them 24 hours over two days. So, it’d be two 12-hour days to present their case. McConnell, “Okay. Okay. We’ll give you three days.” They try to portray that as a major, major crack.

LESTER HOLT: Do you read that as — as potential cracks?

RYAN GOODMAN: We’ve seen cracks emerge that we wouldn’t have anticipated just 24 hours ago.

MAGGIE HABERMAN: I agree that there are some cracks here.

ERIN BURNETT: You see those cracks?

KASIE HUNT: … crack the door open…

CHUCK TODD: That’s a crack! That’s a crack!

ANDREA MITCHELL: Mitch McConnell may not have a control over this.

ANDREW MCCABE: Republicans pushed back on McConnell’s resolution. That is the first small, but first crack in the Republican wall that the Democrats have seen since this entire thing began.

RUSH: You know who that last voice is? Andrew McCabe, fired from the FBI for lying. He ran the coup along with Brennan and whoever else from the U.K., MI5. Andrew McCabe is on CNN engaging in partisan political analysis. “Republicans pushed back on McConnell’s resolution. This the first small crack, the first crack in the Republican wall.” This is the guy at the FBI that ran the show. It’s obvious.

How’s the guy even on TV? He’s on TV because CNN and the media are all-in as left-wing Democrat activists. So there’s Andrew McCabe all excited, all happy that he thinks the Republicans caved. The Drive-Bys were hyperventilating over the potential that there’s a bunch of Jeff Flakes out there. Here’s a montage from yesterday and last night.

DAVID MUIR: The senators that we have been watching very closely in recent weeks, the moderates, Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, all taking copious notes.

RUSH: Stop the tape! Taking copious notes. “Oh, my God. Folks, they’re taking copious notes. They’re about to cave. They’re writing things down. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. We may have found some Flakes here. They’re taking notes.” They were so excited. Resume tape.

CHIP REID: …some of them are busily taking notes.

PETER ALEXANDER: …many of them taking extensive notes.

DANA BASH: Cory Gardner who is probably up for the toughest re-election bid this year taking copious notes, same with Susan Collins and others.

LISA DESJARDINS: Some senators are taking copious notes. Those are some of the swing senators, including Senator Mitt Romney of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine.

RUSH: Can you spell “desperation”? So they’re out there, they’re taking copious notes. Every Drive-By comment, copious notes. Not writing down notes. Not making notes. Not feverishly composing. Copious. And this was to signal another sign that there was a break in the unity on the Republican side because four Republicans were taking notes. Can you spell desperation? So how did it all end? Well, this morning Chuck You Schumer held a press conference on Capitol Hill.

SCHUMER: On four separate votes every Senate Republican voted against requesting relevant documents for the trial.

RUSH: Wait. What?

SCHUMER: On three other votes, every Senate Republican voted –

SCHUMER: — against calling relevant witnesses before the Senate.

SCHUMER: McConnell was forced to tweak his organizing resolution before it was even offered with modifications scrawled in the margins after several Senate Republicans agreed with Democratic objections. The fact McConnell had to change his resolution showed that Republicans can make this trial more fair if they want to.

RUSH: See, there we go. It’s unfair to begin with because the Republicans were involved. It’s up to the Republicans to give Democrats what they want. That’s how you define fairness. But after all of the hoping and the heavy breathing and the panting by the Drive-By Media that there was a crack, that the Republicans had found four Jeff Flakes, they were taking copious notes. When it all ended up, Schumer announced on four separate votes every Senate Republican voted against what the Democrats wanted.

There wasn’t a crack, was there? They didn’t find any Flakes. But what about the copious notes? What about all of the fairness? So Schumer’s reduced to saying here that McConnell adding a day to the presentation of the evidence shows that Republicans can be fair if they want to.

You know what the truth of this is? I mean on the ground. The truth of this is that people that tried to watch more than an hour of this were being challenged by severe boredom. People that were inclined to watch this are sufficiently informed to have heard all of this before.

And I’ll tell you, rather than the media and the Democrats finding four Jeff Flakes, the truth of the matter is that Romney and the other three, they’re beginning to sense the Democrats are blowing it. I think some of these Republicans are open to it. I think they’re open to hoping the Democrats got something here. But I think after yesterday, Romney and these other three are sensing the Democrats are blowing it.

How can you not sense they’re blowing it? Nadler and Schiff alone.
Support the USO