Author Topic: 'Pissing in the wind': Why not a single Republican is poised to vote to convict Trump  (Read 169 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Pissing in the wind': Why not a single Republican is poised to vote to convict Trump
by David M. Drucker
 | January 22, 2020 12:00 AM

Republican voters’ overwhelming opposition to impeachment and aggressive maneuvering by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell are conspiring to deliver President Trump a unanimous GOP vote of acquittal at his trial in the Senate.

That Senate Republicans are on track to acquit Trump and shield him from expulsion was not in doubt as the trial adjudicating two articles of impeachment opened on Tuesday. But, as House Democratic prosecutors and the White House defense team began litigating charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, McConnell’s push for unity and grassroots loyalty to Trump were moving Senate Republicans behind the scenes toward unanimous acquittal.

“It wouldn’t surprise me to have all 53 Republicans” acquit, Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri told the Washington Examiner. “If we’re voting based on the evidence, I think, clearly, we vote to acquit.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/pissing-in-the-wind-why-not-a-single-republican-is-poised-to-vote-to-convict-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I bet Willard is on the fence. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I bet Willard is on the fence.

He's just waiting for cover.