Author Topic: Hillary Clinton responds to uproar after bashing Sanders: 'I will do whatever I can to support our n  (Read 340 times)

Offline libertybele

Hillary Clinton responds to uproar after bashing Sanders: 'I will do whatever I can to support our nominee'

Hillary Clinton appeared to have walked back her strong opposition to Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., after she suggested that she would not support her former 2016 rival if he were to win the Democratic nomination in 2020, as he did for her candidacy at the time.

During a lengthy interview published Tuesday by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the former Secretary of State made plenty of headlines with her criticisms of Sanders and was asked if she would "endorse and campaign for him" if he were the eventual nominee.

"I'm not going to go there yet. We're still in a very vigorous primary season," Clinton said. "I will say, however, that it's not only him, it's the culture around him. It's his leadership team. It's his prominent supporters. It's his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture -- not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it."

She continued: "And I don't think we want to go down that road again where you campaign by insult and attack and maybe you try to get some distance from it, but you either don't know what your campaign and supporters are doing or you're just giving them a wink and you want them to go after Kamala [Harris] or after Elizabeth [Warren]. I think that that's a pattern that people should take into account when they make their decisions."............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton-bashing-bernie-sanders-democratic-nominee
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Poor Hillary - time is running out for her. Biden hasn't yet imploded as expected, her nemesis Sanders looks like he'll be hanging around until the end again, and there's nobody to do the wet work to clear the way for her this time.

Some are speculating that she sees the prospect of one of these pathetic candidates succeeding where she failed as so humiliating that she would prefer to have Trump win again. And of course that would leave the 2024 door open for her - she'll still be younger than Biden and Sanders are now.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Poor Hillary - time is running out for her. Biden hasn't yet imploded as expected, her nemesis Sanders looks like he'll be hanging around until the end again, and there's nobody to do the wet work to clear the way for her this time.

Some are speculating that she sees the prospect of one of these pathetic candidates succeeding where she failed as so humiliating that she would prefer to have Trump win again. And of course that would leave the 2024 door open for her - she'll still be younger than Biden and Sanders are now.

I don't think there is an overall DNC plan or anything to set things up for Hillary to win at a brokered convention.  Most of the party is sick of her.  But I do think that she hopes that might happen.

You may also be on to something with her not wanting another nominee -- especially Bernie -- to win.  She's petty enough to root for a Republican just to protect her own reputation.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Crawl back into your colostomy bag you dried up old vampire.  Someone should drive a wooden stake thru her heart and pin her to the bottom of her coffin, fill it with cement, and drop it off next to Osama bin ladin.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hillary Clinton responds to uproar after bashing Sanders: 'I will do whatever I can to support our nominee'

Hillary Clinton appeared to have walked back her strong opposition to Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., after she suggested that she would not support her former 2016 rival if he were to win the Democratic nomination in 2020, as he did for her candidacy at the time.

During a lengthy interview published Tuesday by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the former Secretary of State made plenty of headlines with her criticisms of Sanders and was asked if she would "endorse and campaign for him" if he were the eventual nominee.

"I'm not going to go there yet. We're still in a very vigorous primary season," Clinton said. "I will say, however, that it's not only him, it's the culture around him. It's his leadership team. It's his prominent supporters. It's his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture -- not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it."

She continued: "And I don't think we want to go down that road again where you campaign by insult and attack and maybe you try to get some distance from it, but you either don't know what your campaign and supporters are doing or you're just giving them a wink and you want them to go after Kamala [Harris] or after Elizabeth [Warren]. I think that that's a pattern that people should take into account when they make their decisions."............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton-bashing-bernie-sanders-democratic-nominee

@libertybele

Gee,if only there were a strong woman somewhere whose wings hadn't already been clipped by The Bern and his comrades! Some bright,independent woman with the guts to speak up that isn't already running. Maybe they might even get lucky enough and find a woman with experience as a US Senator?

Know anybody like that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
@libertybele

Gee,if only there were a strong woman somewhere whose wings hadn't already been clipped by The Bern and his comrades! Some bright,independent woman with the guts to speak up that isn't already running. Maybe they might even get lucky enough and find a woman with experience as a US Senator?

Know anybody like that?

That reminds me of another facet to this - as long as Clinton is still breathing, she'll do whatever it takes to make sure no other woman steals the honor of being the first woman president that she believes is owed to her.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online berdie

I'm probably dreamin' but maybe in some part of Hill's soul she knows that people don't like HER or want to work for HER.

Maybe she dreams of a contested convention and wants Bern's voters. Hence the walk back.  Fat chance.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That reminds me of another facet to this - as long as Clinton is still breathing, she'll do whatever it takes to make sure no other woman steals the honor of being the first woman president that she believes is owed to her.

@Snarknado

Probably right up to,and including,walking out on the stage with a gun and shooting her in the head herself if she can't get it done any other way.

Make no mistake about it,this is one TRULY nasty self-centered bitch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!