Author Topic: National Weather Service warns of falling iguanas  (Read 1401 times)

Offline libertybele

National Weather Service warns of falling iguanas
« on: January 22, 2020, 01:22:00 am »
Yes ... it is that cold here in sunny SW FL.  Dipping down into the 30's tonight.  I haven't seen it this cold in years. 

As the coldest air of the season spreads across the Eastern US, even some southern states are feeling the chill.
From Louisiana to the Carolinas, even down through Florida, temperatures are averaging 10 to 15 degrees below normal.
Freeze warnings and hard freeze warnings are in effect across Florida and Georgia through Wednesday morning.
Tuesday afternoon, the National Weather Service in Miami issued a rare forecast regarding cold temperatures but it was for iguanas. Yes, you read that correctly.

I - guan - as
"Don't be surprised if you see iguanas falling from the trees tonight," tweeted the Miami National Weather Service office.

The concern for people in South Florida is that these iguanas often sleep in trees, so when their bodies go dormant, they appear to fall from the sky onto streets, cars, pools, or even people walking around. And since iguanas are large -- adult males can reach 5 feet in length, and weigh up to 20 pounds -- this can be dangerous if one lands on top of you...........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/weather/miami-freeze-falling-iguana-forecast-trnd/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: National Weather Service warns of falling iguanas
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:45:05 am »
Florida Reptile strikes, literally, again! 333cleo
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 01:52:17 am »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 01:54:59 am »

If only the cold would kill the invasive monitor lizards that we now have.   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 02:02:56 am »
I just need someone to squeeze my oranges.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 02:42:33 am »
I just need someone to squeeze my oranges.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 02:44:01 am by libertybele »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 03:58:16 am »
If only the cold would kill the invasive monitor lizards that we now have.

Oh it will... We have none. Not a lizard anywhere happy77

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 05:49:32 am »
Oh it will... We have none. Not a lizard anywhere happy77

I'm waiting for offical reaction from Florida Man.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 07:46:02 pm »
I'm waiting for offical reaction from Florida Man.......

Florida Man! He can save us!  :silly:

No really! How DO you react to every iguana in the state crashing to the ground???
Perhaps it is an opportunity to rid themselves of the pest somehow...
At least an opportunity to grill a few up (I am told they do).
Or do you just swing one around your head, chasing your sister (pretty sure that one would still work today)
Just what indeed, is the proper response??

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 07:50:16 pm »
Florida Man! He can save us!  :silly:

No really! How DO you react to every iguana in the state crashing to the ground???
Perhaps it is an opportunity to rid themselves of the pest somehow...
At least an opportunity to grill a few up (I am told they do).
Or do you just swing one around your head, chasing your sister (pretty sure that one would still work today)
Just what indeed, is the proper response??

I have lived down here almost 30 years and I have yet to see an iguana actually fall from a tree, nor have I ever heard of anyone grilling one -- perhaps the illegals do?  Definitely though chasing your sister with one is probably more than likely.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 07:58:30 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2020, 04:25:36 pm »
People are really selling iguana meat dubbed 'chicken of the trees' on Facebook
Dalvin Brown
USA TODAY
Jan. 23, 2020

You can buy almost anything on Facebook Marketplace these days.

People list their cars, plants, homes and more in the hopes of making some extra cash. And now, you buy a peculiar protein dubbed "chicken of the trees."

Iguana meat, or "garrobo" as the Miami Herald notes, has cropped up on Facebook's digital flea market following an extremely cold night in Florida. Apparently, the reptiles fall from the trees when temperatures get frigid enough, making them easy for people to catch, skin and sell as a chicken alternative.  ...

Full story at USA Today
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 04:50:07 pm »
Dalvin Brown
USA TODAY
Jan. 23, 2020

People list their cars, plants, homes and more in the hopes of making some extra cash. And now, you buy a peculiar protein dubbed "chicken of the trees."

Iguana meat, or "garrobo" as the Miami Herald notes, has cropped up on Facebook's digital flea market following an extremely cold night in Florida. Apparently, the reptiles fall from the trees when temperatures get frigid enough, making them easy for people to catch, skin and sell as a chicken alternative.  ...

Full story at USA Today

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2020, 05:09:30 pm »
Dalvin Brown
USA TODAY
Jan. 23, 2020

Full story at USA Today

No way in hell I'd eat iquana meat -- think of all the places that they crawl.

Also -- it is not uncommon for the Illegals around here to catch Muscovy ducks and eat them.   These birds are considered domestic stock so it's not illegal --- but these ducks have been known to spread diseases to humans.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2020, 05:34:40 pm »
No way in hell I'd eat iquana meat -- think of all the places that they crawl.

Also -- it is not uncommon for the Illegals around here to catch Muscovy ducks and eat them.   These birds are considered domestic stock so it's not illegal --- but these ducks have been known to spread diseases to humans.
That coronavirus has been attributed to some of the weird stuff consumed in China, e.g. bat soup. I'll stick to hamburgers, thanks!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2020, 05:39:57 pm »
That coronavirus has been attributed to some of the weird stuff consumed in China, e.g. bat soup. I'll stick to hamburgers, thanks!

About an hour east of here, a million cajuns would go hungry without eating "non-traditional" meats.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 05:52:12 pm »
About an hour east of here, a million cajuns would go hungry without eating "non-traditional" meats.
Same here in WV!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 05:57:13 pm »

My BIL is a Costa Rican hillbilly, right outta the jungle. He'll cook you up iguana like it's going out of style!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 06:01:42 pm »
My BIL is a Costa Rican hillbilly, right outta the jungle. He'll cook you up iguana like it's going out of style!

Beats starving I supposed --- but I've got quite a stockpile of dehydrated foods, etc., before I get to that point.  We have wild boar around here --some people around here smoke them on a spit all day long -- I'd go that route first.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 06:09:49 pm »
Beats starving I supposed --- but I've got quite a stockpile of dehydrated foods, etc., before I get to that point.  We have wild boar around here --some people around here smoke them on a spit all day long -- I'd go that route first.

Neither for me since I went kosher... But in my day... I doubt you could name a critter from bugs on up that is native to MT that I have not put the chomp on... Except marmot, and Grayling trout... And sasquatch, to my knowledge.

mouse, vole, mole, weasel, mink, marten, pack rat, muskrat, skunk, beaver, porcupine... The list goes on. The only reason that lizard seems crazy is because it is not common. Elsewhere it is as common on the plate as chicken. Were it not for my religious predilections, I would have no problem putting one of those puppies on the spit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 12:03:15 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher