Author Topic: Flake: Republicans don't speak out against Trump 'because they want to keep their jobs'  (Read 645 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Flake: Republicans don't speak out against Trump 'because they want to keep their jobs'
By Aris Folley - 01/20/20 08:56 AM EST

Former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said on Monday that some Republican senators don’t speak out against President Trump’s behavior because they’re afraid of how it could affect their chances at the ballot box.

“Do you think, senator, that you should have spoken up more? Do you regret that you didn’t speak up more? And why is it so difficult for Republicans to speak up against this president when they don’t believe what he’s doing?” host Gayle King asked Flake on "CBS This Morning."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/479023-flake-republicans-dont-speak-out-against-trump-because-they-want-to-keep
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Flake loves to talk about "Trump's Behavior," but Flake escaped scrutiny for pulling strings with the Maricopa County Prosecutor to get his kiddo off the hook for allowing 23 dogs to die in the brutal desert heat when he neglected the air conditioning in the kennel he ran.  I wonder if SeeBS asked him why he decided not to run for re-election?

Do something about that log in your eye before you complain about Trump's splinter, Flake.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Here's Flake trying to minimize the President's support:

“Well, because they want to keep their jobs, and the president is extremely popular among Republican primary voters,” Flake said. “That is a subset of a subset of a subset. But they are those who decide who represents the party and the general election.”

That "subset of a subset of a subset" was joined by a whole lot of other people who elected Trump President, and those are the voters whom GOP Senators should rightly fear if they go along with this plot to overturn the 2016 election.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here's Flake trying to minimize the President's support:

That "subset of a subset of a subset" was joined by a whole lot of other people who elected Trump President, and those are the voters whom GOP Senators should rightly fear if they go along with this plot to overturn the 2016 election.

He failed to mention that "subset of a subset of a subset" told him in no uncertain terms he would lose his seat if he ran for reelection, so he crawled off with his tail between his legs, sounding like former CIA chief Brennan as he whined about Trump all the way.

I find his tears delicious.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Old Flaka Flake is just rappin' out another trial balloon to see if anyone wants him to run for Prez.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

Yes FORMER Senator (current) Flake, many many voters support President Trump. It's how he became President Trump. I doubt many R Senators are as Flake describes them, but pols fearing voters is often a good thing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What happened to him?

He has the looks. Fairly young.

How did he mess up his political future?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdinVA

Former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said on Monday that some Republican senators don’t speak out against President Trump’s behavior because they’re afraid of how it could affect their chances at the ballot box.
So, IOW, they are listening to the voters.... what a concept

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What happened to him?

He has the looks. Fairly young.

How did he mess up his political future?

@truth_seeker

I have an answer to that, my being a Zonie. 

Jeffy thought McCain was to be his model, his mentor.  He wanted to displace Lindsey Graham as McCain's top acolyte, so the first things he did in office all involved the Maverick reach-across-the-aisle technique.  The illegal immigrant Gang of Eight Senators, for example.   

What he failed to note was McCain was popular because of his status as a "war hero" (never mind the argument about whether or not he was a "hero"), and that was despite his love of Democrats, not because of it.

What the voters were willing to tolerate in McCain, they were not willing to accept from the junior Senator.  He gambled and lost, and meanwhile McCain did everything he could to cripple the conservative wing of the GOP in Arizona.  We basically don't have a bench of good candidates for the Senate, and as a result the odds are Barry Goldwater's State will be represented by two Democrats after November.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker

I have an answer to that, my being a Zonie. 

Flake just  quit?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Flake just  quit?

That is correct, blaming "Trump's behavior" all the way.  He has yet to pay for his own behavior, pulling strings with the DA to get his brat off.

Flakes dirty secret was his disapproval ratings were in the neighborhood of 75%.  He would have been surely beaten by Sinema, no matter what he did.  It was known at that time she was the designated opponent, and she's a tough competitor.  He folded his tent like the coward he is.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Flake has the same neck size as Schiftyroo
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Flake"?
Never has a politician of any party carried such an appropriate name...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Flake"?
Never has a politician of any party carried such an appropriate name...

:amen: :yowsa:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well, it is true.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Flake has the same neck size as Schiftyroo
No. 2?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Yes, he is #2 alright.

If I remember, he had an 18% favorable rating, which meant an illegal invading alien waiting to get his hearing in court could have run a write in campaign and beat this tool.  [yes, sarcasm]

This is a man whose looks and not intellect got him where he was.  He was a hair smarter than Rick Santorum, knowing that if he got defeated at the ballot, he was done politically.  Plus, I think he thought himself superior to the likes of Trump and saw a run perhaps in 2020 when he rose as a leader in the Never Trump Gang of Fools.  He wrote that book against Trump, surely thinking that would pave his way.  He must be giddy with glee with this impeachment process.

Flake needs to lay low for a few years, and he should do some lobbying in Washington, build strong connections, and run again down the road for Senate or Governor. 

In reading his bio on Wiki, his downfall were two things I can see, he supported gun registration legislation and he was completely against Trump the man.  When things cool down, he will be back for more.

I have one question if anyone knows.  He spent over five years as Rep in the House and one term as Senator.  Does that entitle him to two pensions for life? If so, with that golden parachute, you can bet we haven't heard the last of Flake from Snowflake [he was born in Snowflake].
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:24:23 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No. 2?

nine!   

But a #2 lead pencil works too!   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

nine!   

But a #2 lead pencil works too!   888high58888
:beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

You guys put so much effort into protecting and defending the idiot in chief. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

WHy? Because we called a couple of people "pencil necks" (the No. 2 reference).  *****rollingeyes*****

I really don't put much time into defending Trump, I have been at least equally active in attacking some of the boneheaded stuff he has done.

I didn't even vote for him (voted Constitution Party).

C S Lewis

Offline dancer

We don't have to protect and defend the President, chosen.  His record speaks for otself.

Offline EdinVA

Only as much effort as you spend attacking him.... :)