Author Topic: Paris riots: Police charge yellow vests as Macron protests erupt in violence  (Read 484 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Paris riots: Police charge yellow vests as Macron protests erupt in violence
YELLOW Vest protests have taken another violent turn as riot police in Paris clash with demonstrators who have been detained for the use of heavy tear gas at Gare de Lyon train station.
By Carly Read
PUBLISHED: 16:57, Sat, Jan 18, 2020 | UPDATED: 18:08, Sat, Jan 18, 2020

Thick fog-like tear gas can be seen in shocking pictures during clashes between police and protesters in another consecutive week of anti-Macron demonstrations. It remains unknown just how many demonstrators have been detained, according to witnesses who took to Twitter to share their shock. One said: “Police seen charging "yellow jacket" protesters amid heavy tear gas in front of Gare de Lyon train station in Paris, France.”

Another said: “ Huge anti-government protests in the streets of Iran...or is it Russia?

“Nope. It’s Paris, #France, today. So of course mainstream media is nowhere to be found. #YellowVests #GiletsJaunes #Greve18janvier.”

Read more at: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1230230/Paris-riots-yellow-vest-protests-macron-latest

Very little on all of this in the press, check twitter.  #YellowVests and so on.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The international press doesn't want to report it because it might slow down the Islamic Revolution the left hopes will kickstart a public cry for a leftist police state to get rid of them.

Out of anarchy,comes order. Stalinist order.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The international press doesn't want to report it because it might slow down the Islamic Revolution the left hopes will kickstart a public cry for a leftist police state to get rid of them.

Out of anarchy,comes order. Stalinist order.
Never let a crisis go to waste--even if you have to manufacture it.

(Munchhausen's, anyone?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

https://twitter.com/BasedPoland/status/1220480211260710913
BasedPoland
@BasedPoland
Massive, absolutely massive crowds out on the streets of #France against #Macron tonight

Tens of thousands out on the streets in "Marches of Light" in every of the 10-15 largest cities of France (video from #Lyon)

https://twitter.com/BasedPoland/status/1220480211260710913

A lot of people say, we are not getting the news as we should about all this going on. See video at link. This is pretty impressive.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A lot of people say, we are not getting the news as we should about all this going on. See video at link. This is pretty impressive.

@TomSea

Tom,can you tell us if there is one central thing they are protesting,and what they are demanding and why?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

@sneakypete

I gather pension reform is the main thing but the French really love to protest.

They  protested against "bio-ethics" earlier this week... don't ask me to explain it but I know they did and apparently, they protest Macron. We are only really getting surface reports on all of this.  Maybe there is some protesting against migration though, I don't think that is a central theme.