Author Topic: ‘Get your mops & buckets ready!’ Trump mocks NY City’s $200 billion sea wall proposal  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

‘Get your mops & buckets ready!’ Trump mocks NY City’s $200 billion sea wall proposal
January 19, 2020 | Vivek Saxena 

On Friday, The New York Times eagerly published a report highlighting a plan to protect New York City from climate-change-induced storms by spending billions in taxpayer funds to surround it with a so-called “sea wall.”

President Donald Trump responded to the proposal the following afternoon by dismissing it as “costly, foolish & environmentally unfriendly” — and letting NYC residents know they’ll need to suck it up and “get your mops & buckets ready.”

Look:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/19/get-your-mops-buckets-ready-trump-mocks-ny-citys-200-billion-sea-wall-proposal-877192

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Interesting. Perhaps the money should better spent on why crime is going up and why people are leaving the five boroughs?

Yes, I watch the science channel and New York will someday go under water but it has very pressing problems NOW.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wonder if the same guys with computer models predicting NYC to sink into the ocean also made these signs which were recently removed by the National Park Service at Glacier National Park when the glaciers decided to not go away?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:10:03 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington