Author Topic: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?  (Read 1804 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2020, 12:38:20 am »
See, I went the other way.  I tolerated the mundane for decades, saving up for the day I can retire, so now I like going upper-crust once in a while (like buying my beer by the keg).  When it came to the legalization of weed, I found that I can get top-notch for what ditch weed used to cost.  It's the magic of Adam Smith's dead hand on markets.  There is a demand for high quality, and a general eschewing of the crap the cartels have been passing off (with the added bonus of knowing the cartels get screwed out of being the middleman).

Win-win.

I get that. I now eschew fast food once per week for the delectability of one superior meal at a proper restaraunt once per month - foe about the same output in cash if I am careful.

Still, the hillbilly in me would not give the revenuers the satisfaction, nor the cartels - Not when they normally wind up shipping the seeds right with the product... The solution to me would be clear, if I were so inclined.

I have not had proper whiskey in years... But there's always a couple quarts of shine up on the shelf. And when there was whiskey, it was likely to be black label Canadian, with Uncle Nanny missing his cut.
Suits me fine.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2020, 01:04:56 am »
He's not resigning.

He may have a contingency plan if he succeeds to the Presidency, but I'm sure all vice presidents have that.

But the rest is just speculation.

Agreed.  Pence has less than zero reason to resign.  Now...he may opt to leave the Trump ticket this year, but he's not going to just leave without a replacement assured.  He will serve until 1/20/21 at least.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2020, 01:09:26 am »
I get that. I now eschew fast food once per week for the delectability of one superior meal at a proper restaraunt once per month - foe about the same output in cash if I am careful.

Still, the hillbilly in me would not give the revenuers the satisfaction, nor the cartels - Not when they normally wind up shipping the seeds right with the product... The solution to me would be clear, if I were so inclined.

I have not had proper whiskey in years... But there's always a couple quarts of shine up on the shelf. And when there was whiskey, it was likely to be black label Canadian, with Uncle Nanny missing his cut.
Suits me fine.

Since high quality = Sensimilla, it doesn't have seeds anymore.  Fertilization just ruins the weed.

As for Whiskey, I'm a big fan of Canadian.  I like it better than Jack.  Cheaper, too.  I keep both, and more on my bar shelf.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2020, 11:16:52 am »
Trump'll join the left the same day he has Rosie O'Donnell over for dinner.
Well, that'd give anyone indigestion.  :smokin: :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2020, 05:00:24 pm »
Neither,Wink.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2020, 05:10:59 pm »
My tends-to-the-left SIL hates Pence more than she does Trump.  "Too Religious."

@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit I have the same impression of him,but after thinking about it for a minute,I can't honestly give you any specific reason to believe that to be true. When you think about it "Too Religious" is more than a little vague because it is entirely dependent on the POV of whoever happens to be saying it at that instant.

If and when he ever becomes a Presidential candidate I will take a much closer look at him. Until then it's really none of my business.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2020, 05:13:54 pm »
That's like a crucifix to Dracula, in the leftist view.
@Cyber Liberty

I think you are confusing Presbyterians with Catholics.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2020, 05:14:55 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I have to admit I have the same impression of him,but after thinking about it for a minute,I can't honestly give you any specific reason to believe that to be true. When you think about it "Too Religious" is more than a little vague because it is entirely dependent on the POV of whoever happens to be saying it at that instant.

If and when he ever becomes a Presidential candidate I will take a much closer look at him. Until then it's really none of my business.

@sneakypete

You are speaking for me, there.  I don't care about his soul, that's his business, I just care if he'd be good in office, and he's doing fine.
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2020, 05:15:34 pm »

My personal opinion of Pence: He is a solid Conservative, lacking backbone to some degree. The degree of backbone seems to vary depending upon the 'in group' he's in..

@roamer_1

IOW,EXACTLY what an ideal VP should be.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2020, 05:16:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I think you are confusing Presbyterians with Catholics.

Wise-guy.... rrthree
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2020, 05:19:41 pm »
The last thing the GOP needs is to have someone in the Presidency who lacks backbone.   That is a positive quality of this President; he has a spine!

@libertybele

Pense isn't the President. He is the VP,and "being lacking in backbone" IS HIS JOB DESCRIPTION.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2020, 05:20:53 pm »
I will take character over backbone any day.

@roamer_1

The two are inseparable.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2020, 05:24:57 pm »
And when there was whiskey, it was likely to be black label Canadian, with Uncle Nanny missing his cut.
Suits me fine.

@roamer_1

Glad to see you admit to being happy about our government not getting any of your tax money,but are find with the leftist loons in Canada getting it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2020, 05:28:44 pm »
@roamer_1

Glad to see you admit to being happy about our government not getting any of your tax money,but are find with the leftist loons in Canada getting it.

@sneakypete
Yeah - Black label tobacco too - Turns out the Canadian government is a whole helluva lot cheaper.