Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Issues Statment To Ralph Northam In Virgina. As Tension Heighten With Militarized  (Read 748 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING: Trump Issues Statment To Ralph Northam In Virgin – As Tension Heighten With Militarized Police On Stand By

(Breitbart) – On January 17, 2020, President Donald Trump pointed to the gun control situation in Virginia, noting that it proves once more the Democrats “will take your guns” if voted into office.

He made this point amid the all-out war on guns by Gov. Ralph Northam (D) and the newly elected Democrat majority in the state legislature.

https://outragedpatriot.com/breaking-trump-issues-statment-to-ralph-northam-in-virgin-as-tension-heighten-with-militarized-police-on-stand-by/

Offline skeeter

The senate in VA hasn't learned yet how to do this right... in CA the rats pass massive bills with all kinds of unrelated noxious crap in them in the middle of the night, and conspire with the local media to report none of it.

We wake up two or three days/weeks later and its 'oh yeah, thats been law for some time now'.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once more, Mr. Trump is right.

Now... can the president "stay the hand" of the governor of Virginia, IF the governor tries to use the VA National Guard against its own people...?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The senate in VA hasn't learned yet how to do this right... in CA the rats pass massive bills with all kinds of unrelated noxious crap in them in the middle of the night, and conspire with the local media to report none of it.

We wake up two or three days/weeks later and its 'oh yeah, thats been law for some time now'.
You got that right, like how they passed their ammunition bill that disenfranchises a huge group of legal Americans from being able to by ammunition in the state and makes you a criminal if you buy in another state and bring it home to California. I'm sure this has really impacted the actual criminals and kept ammunition out of their hands.

Offline libertybele

Now... can the president "stay the hand" of the governor of Virginia, IF the governor tries to use the VA National Guard against its own people...?

Good question, but I don't think so.  State laws and the rights of the states supersedes federal law - under the 10th Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

However, one could argue that the 2A is delegated by the Constitution -- so -- perhaps a case eventually for the SCOTUS?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mrclose

Good question, but I don't think so.  State laws and the rights of the states supersedes federal law - under the 10th Amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

However, one could argue that the 2A is delegated by the Constitution -- so -- perhaps a case eventually for the SCOTUS?

Trump could federalize the guard and rescind any state orders!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The real issue isn't as much the Second Amendment itself.  That was held in in McDonald v. City of Chicago to be incorporated into the 14th Amendment's Due Process clause, and therefore applicable to states as well as the federal government.  So, the 2nd Amendment applies to state governments despite the 10th Amendment.

The real issue is more procedural, and relates to the interaction between the police power and the courts.  If Virginia's new law is unconstitutional, then it must be declared as such by federal courts, which would then strike it down.  At that point, Virginia would not be permitted to enforce its law. But the courts are the mechanism to resolve that -- Trump really can't give a direct order to the state government, or order in federal troops, etc., absent a court decision/order.

What he can do is use the bully pulpit to try to convince Northam that this is a terrible idea.

Offline libertybele

The real issue isn't as much the Second Amendment itself.  That was held in in McDonald v. City of Chicago to be incorporated into the 14th Amendment's Due Process clause, and therefore applicable to states as well as the federal government.  So, the 2nd Amendment applies to state governments despite the 10th Amendment.

The real issue is more procedural, and relates to the interaction between the police power and the courts.  If Virginia's new law is unconstitutional, then it must be declared as such by federal courts, which would then strike it down.  At that point, Virginia would not be permitted to enforce its law. But the courts are the mechanism to resolve that -- Trump really can't give a direct order to the state government, or order in federal troops, etc., absent a court decision/order.

What he can do is use the bully pulpit to try to convince Northam that this is a terrible idea.

I didn't realize it until I listened to Glenn Beck the other day -- the local sheriff's departments are bound to the Constitution -- not to local laws.  (If I'm understanding correctly what Beck stated).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I didn't realize it until I listened to Glenn Beck the other day -- the local sheriff's departments are bound to the Constitution -- not to local laws.  (If I'm understanding correctly what Beck stated).

The problem is that there isn't a federal court order striking down what Northam did.  If there was, then you'd have a different situation.  But unless/until the order gets stricken by a federal court -- and I believe there was a motion for an injunction that was denied -- those cops are going to follow state law.  Armchair lawyers like Beck are just going to confuse people.

That being said, if a lot of people show up with guns, I don't think the sheriffs or PD are going to provoke a confrontation by attempting to disarm them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:46:49 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Trump needs to make it crystal clear if Northam does that, he will federalize them and use them to protect the Virginia people.

And have Northam and the Lt. Gov arrested.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

The real issue is more procedural, and relates to the interaction between the police power and the courts.  If Virginia's new law is unconstitutional, then it must be declared as such by federal courts, which would then strike it down.

It can also be filed in Commonwealth court.  Unfortunately, no one has taken any legal action so far.  Liberals would have been ready to file the second the governor signed the bill had it been the other way.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Trump could federalize the guard and rescind any state orders!

Under Commonwealth law, any person between the ages of 16 and 55 is considered to be a militia member.  I don't see National Guard members firing on fellow militia members.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mrclose

It is settled that the Second Amendment protects an
individual right to keep and bear arms that applies
against both the Federal Government and the States.

District of Columbia v. Heller 554 U. S. 570 (2008);
McDonald v. Chicago 561 U. S. 742 (2010)
~ Self

Offline mrclose

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:22:41 am by mrclose »
~ Self

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:00:33 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....