Author Topic: Trump Takes Steps to Protect the Right to Pray in Schools  (Read 364 times)

Online libertybele

Trump Takes Steps to Protect the Right to Pray in Schools
« on: January 19, 2020, 02:36:05 am »
Trump Takes Steps to Protect the Right to Pray in Schools

President Donald Trump marked National Religious Freedom Day on Thursday by announcing steps his administration is taking to protect the First Amendment right to pray in schools.

“This afternoon, we're proudly announcing historic steps to protect the First Amendment right to pray in public schools.  So you have the right to pray, and that’s a very important and powerful right.  There's nothing more important than that, I would say,” Trump said.

He was joined in the Oval Office by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen as well as students and prayer advocates from across the country.
Trump said that “government must never stand between the people and God.”  .................

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/trump-takes-steps-protect-right-pray-schools
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump Takes Steps to Protect the Right to Pray in Schools
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 02:59:51 am »
Good Trump.  Can't disagree with this one.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 03:09:34 am »

I'd say this is a pretty conservative move on his part.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 05:55:45 am »

Don't disagree, but it is pretty meaningless without tearing down the liberal indoctrination and giving the control of education back to local hands.

A neutral prayer to an unnamed god at football games and commencement proceedings does not count for much.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 06:20:40 am »
Don't disagree, but it is pretty meaningless without tearing down the liberal indoctrination and giving the control of education back to local hands.

A neutral prayer to an unnamed god at football games and commencement proceedings does not count for much.

Wouldn't be at all surprised either if Muslims start demanding special prayer rooms facing Mecca.  Wanting to be excused at the Muslim prayer time.

It is prayer for all. 

Good point @roamer_1 .  Prayer in school these days could mean any kind of belief.  People will still dispute a Christian prayer on the field.  At best this allows individual students to pray according to their faith.  Not group prayer like you said at a football game.  There still will be challenges that go all the way to Supreme Court.  So all in all not much difference.  But it looks good to Christian base.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 06:27:36 am »
Wouldn't be at all surprised either if Muslims start demanding special prayer rooms facing Mecca.  Wanting to be excused at the Muslim prayer time.

It is prayer for all. 

Good point @roamer_1 .  Prayer in school these days could mean any kind of belief.  People will still dispute a Christian prayer on the field.  At best this allows individual students to pray according to their faith.  Not group prayer like you said at a football game.  There still will be challenges that go all the way to Supreme Court.  So all in all not much difference.  But it looks good to Christian base.

Yes, but in fact, yet another EO of ethereal quality. In the end,much ado about nothing much.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 06:30:37 am »
Actually I just re read the article.  Trump has really done nothing.  The thing the people were describing were schools who were breaking the law by telling them they couldn't pray.  Even the teacher said that it was a lie that they couldn't.  It is already a religious freedom to pray at school.  These things probably will continue to happen and people will have to continue to challenge in court. 

Another thing schools do that they are not supposed to is to slip religion into textbooks and lessons.  Like Islam.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 06:55:56 am »
Actually I just re read the article.  Trump has really done nothing.  The thing the people were describing were schools who were breaking the law by telling them they couldn't pray.  Even the teacher said that it was a lie that they couldn't.  It is already a religious freedom to pray at school.  These things probably will continue to happen and people will have to continue to challenge in court. 

Another thing schools do that they are not supposed to is to slip religion into textbooks and lessons.  Like Islam.

Right.. But he gets a victory lap anyway, just like the rest of the time...
*YAWN*