Author Topic: Democrats plot new approach to win over rural voters  (Read 761 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats plot new approach to win over rural voters
« on: January 18, 2020, 10:40:05 pm »
 Democrats plot new approach to win over rural voters
By Jonathan Easley and Reid Wilson - 01/18/20 05:06 PM EST

Democrats are homing in on a strategy they hope will bring new rural voters into the fold through hyperlocal economic messaging and by venturing into parts of the country they ignored in the run-up to the 2016 election.

There’s a coordinated effort among the House Democratic campaign arm, presidential candidates and liberal outside groups to address the party’s rural blind spot by finding new ways to speak to white working class voters and rural black voters in key battleground states and districts in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Illinois and New York.

Democrats believe they’re making inroads with the white working class voters in the Rust Belt who broke late for President Trump in 2016 through an ad campaign showcasing stories from disappointed voters who are local to the region.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/478814-democrats-plot-new-approach-to-win-over-rural-voters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Democrats plot new approach to win over rural voters
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 11:00:37 pm »
May I humbly suggest they try suicide?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 01:55:06 am »
May I humbly suggest they try suicide?
The article said win the rural voters over, not bring a smile to their faces. :tongue2:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:52 am »
What's not to be disappointed in Democrats for? Not one policy they have thrown about has done squat for people who just want to earn a decent living.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 02:59:13 pm »
As long the Dems are joined at the hip with Enviros (can you say "Delta Smelt"?) and the (sub)urban regulatory state (can you say "Navigable Waterways"?) that drives farmers out of business, they'll find persuasion difficult. If the Rs actually FIGHT!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 03:09:11 pm »
As long the Dems are joined at the hip with Enviros (can you say "Delta Smelt"?) and the (sub)urban regulatory state (can you say "Navigable Waterways"?) that drives farmers out of business, they'll find persuasion difficult. If the Rs actually FIGHT!
That's a start. Forestry and Grasslands policies as currently practiced by the BLM need a solid review, too, and not by environazis. Logging in National Forests was practiced before, and could go a long way toward reducing the intensity of, and difficulty fighting wildfires.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 03:39:46 pm »
That's a start. Forestry and Grasslands policies as currently practiced by the BLM need a solid review, too, and not by environazis. Logging in National Forests was practiced before, and could go a long way toward reducing the intensity of, and difficulty fighting wildfires.

I was trying to be brief. Basically the Enviros and the food-Luddites have made government the enemy of farmers and farming.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 03:41:06 pm »
I was trying to be brief. Basically the Enviros and the food-Luddites have made government the enemy of farmers and farming.
They've made the government the enemy of anyone who eats.

It's the new Lysenkoism.

C S Lewis