Author Topic: Space Force unveils service uniforms with camouflage design  (Read 631 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Space Force unveils service uniforms with camouflage design
« on: January 18, 2020, 06:36:32 pm »
Space Force unveils service uniforms with camouflage design
By Aris Folley - 01/18/20 10:59 AM EST

The U.S. Space Force (USSF) late Friday unveiled camouflage uniforms bearing the branch’s first nametapes for its members.

“The first #SpaceForce utility uniform nametapes have touched down in the Pentagon,” the service branch tweeted from its official account, attaching a photo of the uniforms.

United States Space Force
✔
@SpaceForceDoD

The first #SpaceForce utility uniform nametapes have touched down in the
Pentagon.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/478920-space-force-unveils-service-uniforms-with-camouflage-design
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Space Force unveils service uniforms with camouflage design
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 06:37:38 pm »
Question at link...

Dylan Taylor @SpaceAdvisor

Sorry for the question but why do we need camo in space?

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »
Perfect camo for parts of Nevada and New Mexico.

Hopefully they have proper pockets for smartphones, too.

But more likely the other branches will see those pockets, all of the branches will want a joint committee, a  budget for five years of study of those cool new pockets, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline oldno7

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 08:09:43 pm »
Makes one wonder....

Will this unite the CIA and Airforce or create a 3rd entity to compete for funding?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 11:02:30 pm »
This is funny,unless of course you are a member of the Space Force and have to wear cammies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 11:07:29 pm »
This is funny,unless of course you are a member of the Space Force and have to wear cammies.
sorrta like the Navy...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 12:18:36 am »
sorrta like the Navy...

@EdinVA

Those Navy work uniforms make sense because they are worn by sailors,like Corpsmen,that work with the Marines. The ones that make me laugh are the "blue cammies" that are speckled with what looks like seagull crap to make the camo pattern.

Why the HELL sailors on big ass ships that are kinda noticeable sticking up out of the water like that,need cammies for anyhow.

BTW,I have a niece that married a guy that joined the Navy soon after they married,and it seemed like he showed a talent for language in the enlistment tests. So the Navy made him a linguist specializing in Muddle Eastern languages,then sent him to radio school. AFAIK,every assignment he has had since graduating from language school has been with either the Army or the USMC. I am pretty sure they have been married more than 16 years at this point.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:22:02 am by sneakypete »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 12:28:53 am »
@EdinVA

....The ones that make me laugh are the "blue cammies" that are speckled with what looks like seagull crap to make the camo pattern.

Why the HELL sailors on big ass ships that are kinda noticeable sticking up out of the water like that,need cammies for anyhow....

I’m pretty sure the USN has gone away from those uniforms now after they realized that having a guy in a water camouflage uniform is not a great idea when that guy falls overboard.

Gee, whodathunkit
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 12:31:37 am »
I’m pretty sure the USN has gone away from those uniforms now after they realized that having a guy in a water camouflage uniform is not a great idea when that guy falls overboard.

Gee, whodathunkit

@Axeslinger

I sure hope so. It's been a while since I visited friends in the Norfolk area,and wasn't aware they had done away with the blue/seagull offal pattern fatigues.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 01:44:23 am »
Question at link...
Dylan Taylor @SpaceAdvisor

Sorry for the question but why do we need camo in space?

:silly: :silly: :silly:

For the missions on Endor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 11:39:53 am »
They should be black with white dots...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 06:49:31 pm »
They should be black with white dots...

@Smokin Joe

Truth to tell,it doesn't matter what they wear because you ain't likely to see any of them wandering around outside away from their spaceship,anyhow. And,if they are so far away the enemy can't see or detect their freaking spaceship,there is no way individuals can be seen,either.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 07:02:47 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Truth to tell,it doesn't matter what they wear because you ain't likely to see any of them wandering around outside away from their spaceship,anyhow. And,if they are so far away the enemy can't see or detect their freaking spaceship,there is no way individuals can be seen,either.
Depends on their heat signature. By the time we get to space infantry (free fall not planetary) sensors will likely pick up any propellant trail they leave by seeing the reaction mass. Only ballistic launches would be able to cross without detection.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis