Author Topic: Chris Collins Asks Judge for Mercy in Court Before His Sentencing  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Collins Asks Judge for Mercy in Court Before His Sentencing
Cortney O'Brien

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 9:25 AM

Former Republican Rep. Chris Collins of New York received his sentencing in court on Friday for his role in an insider trading scheme that involved his son and extended family. He was sentenced to 26 months in prison and hit with a $200,000 fine.

Before the verdict, a distraught Collins reportedly wept and asked the judge for mercy.

Chad Pergram
✔
@ChadPergram

From colleague Jeremy Copas. Fmr GOP NY Rep Chris Collins, crying during sentencing today: My life has been shattered. My reputation has been shattered. My family had been shattered..I’m am asking you to be merciful to me, but more importantly, to be merciful to my son.
5:56 PM - Jan 17, 2020

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2020/01/18/chris-collins-sentencing-n2559723
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Chris Collins Asks Judge for Mercy in Court Before His Sentencing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 06:14:16 pm »
What a wimp!  Well, Collins, maybe you should have thought about your reputation, your family, your career, etc. before you decided to participate in this scheme. 

Sounds to me like he's getting off easy  My guess is he'll be housed in some resort-type prison, far away from the gangbangers and other violent criminals.  So what is he crying about?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 06:25:45 pm »
What a wimp!  Well, Collins, maybe you should have thought about your reputation, your family, your career, etc. before you decided to participate in this scheme. 

Sounds to me like he's getting off easy  My guess is he'll be housed in some resort-type prison, far away from the gangbangers and other violent criminals.  So what is he crying about?

@Applewood

I agree. He should be celebrating by giving  his lawyers high 5's,instead of crying like a little girl. It could have,and SHOULD have been MUCH harsher.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:37:43 pm »
@Applewood

I agree. He should be celebrating by giving  his lawyers high 5's,instead of crying like a little girl. It could have,and SHOULD have been MUCH harsher.

@sneakypete

I gather he's like a lot of high profile celebrities or politicians.  He's not sorry he committed crime.  He's just sorry he got caught.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 06:41:24 pm »
@sneakypete

I gather he's like a lot of high profile celebrities or politicians.  He's not sorry he committed crime.  He's just sorry he got caught.

@Applewood

The same is true for the low-profile cons. Nobody is truly sorry they did what they did,they are just sorry they got caught,convicted,and sent to prison.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 06:56:14 pm »
If you can't do the time ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.