Author Topic: Trump says Second Amendment is 'under very serious attack' in Virginia ahead of gun-rights rally  (Read 522 times)

Offline EdinVA

President Trump on Friday declared the Second Amendment is “under very serious attack” in Virginia amid a contentious gun debate in the commonwealth and ahead of a controversial gun-rights rally in Richmond on Monday.
“Your 2nd Amendment is under very serious attack in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia,” the president tweeted.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-second-amendment-gun-rights-rally

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Democrats said they were reasonable measures that would improve public safety while respecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners. They said the public had made clear by voting for Democrats in recent elections that new gun laws were needed.

Just wait until the next election. No one elected anyone to infringe on their God-given, Constitutionally protected Rights.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

Just wait until the next election. No one elected anyone to infringe on their God-given, Constitutionally protected Rights.
I sure hope your right..

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I sure hope your right..
If everyone hasn't been marched off to the gulag, I think a gun control/ban repeal and amnesty for holdouts platform would get resounding support at the grass roots.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

I sure hope your right..

I hope so too.  I am concerned as 17 states and DC have passed some sort of red flag laws. That's infringing on the 2A period.  Those laws are already enacted.  Even when the governor of FL signed the red flag law, he was still later seated as a U.S. Senator.  The problem once again is we don't have enough conservatives running to oppose the liberals.

Trump is absolutely correct that the 2A is under very serious attack, but I don't believe it is just limited to VA.  Every state that has implemented red flag laws is under very serious attack.

I've been watching and perhaps I missed it, but wasn't there a push for federal red flag laws?  I thought that Trump had stated that he was in favor???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.