Author Topic: Trump to add Dershowitz, Ken Starr to impeachment defense team  (Read 1116 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump to add Dershowitz, Ken Starr to impeachment defense team
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 07:45:57 pm »
Sure, Dershowitz is a self identified liberal. But, he also identifies as a constitutional liberal. And he has a track record calling out democrats when they’re wrong on the constitution. As in this case.

I will agree. Dershowitz's politics aside, when it comes to his profession his politics ARE aside, and I can respect him for that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 07:46:34 pm »
The only other one besides Starr and Dershowitz that I am familiar with is Bondi -- not a fan.

Bondi's not new .. she's been advising the team for a while.  The new members are Starr, Dershowitz and Ray.  Jane Raskin, who was part of the President's legal team during the Mueller investigation, is also now officially part of the team. 

Bondi's one of many .... and the other members must see value in her contributions.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:49:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline verga

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 10:11:36 pm »
All of them are smart, but can they fight like their life depended on it.. will they dig...

Lotsa academic knowledge but....
Starr and the Dersh are the love children of a Rottweiler, Dobi, and Pit bull mixed in with the Constitution. The rest are damn good researchers. This is the OJ Simpson dream team on steroids.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 11:06:38 pm »
'I will be there for one hour, basically': Dershowitz distances himself from Trump impeachment defense team
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-will-be-there-for-one-hour-basically-dershowitz-distances-himself-trump-impeachment-defense-team
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 11:08:08 pm »
New impeachment lawyer Alan Dershowitz predicted Trump will block Bolton testimony

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/new-impeachment-lawyer-alan-dershowitz-predicted-trump-will-block-bolton-testimony
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2020, 11:53:16 pm »
The only other one besides Starr and Dershowitz that I am familiar with is Bondi -- not a fan.
Maybe Trump thinks that she owes him. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-pam-bondi-candidate-dismisses-questions-around-donation-tied-n643211
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2020, 03:51:02 am »
All liberals.  He has one of the best sitting in the Senate chambers; Ted Cruz.  Dershowitz himself called him brilliant.  It really is a shame.

Dershowitz is a liberal sleaze bag friend of Jeffrey Epstein. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2020, 12:42:15 pm »
I'm wondering why Trump needs to beef up his defense team.  The fix is in and he's going to be acquitted. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2020, 03:50:12 pm »
Dershowitz says he's not taking money for work on Trump legal team
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478908-dershowitz-says-hes-not-taking-money-for-work-on-trump-legal-team

Yep. It’s not about the money for Dershowitz, it’s about the constitution and democrats’ abuse.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2020, 07:02:44 pm »
I will agree. Dershowitz's politics aside, when it comes to his profession his politics ARE aside, and I can respect him for that.

I read an article today.  He isn't voting for Trump in 2020.  He said he is a liberal and he is going to vote Democrat.  Said he is only answering as to the Constitutional matter.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2020, 07:04:59 pm »
I read an article today.  He isn't voting for Trump in 2020.  He said he is a liberal and he is going to vote Democrat.  Said he is only answering as to the Constitutional matter.

Sure he is. I readily admit his liberalism. I don't know about his supposed ties to Epstein. But I DO know that he falls on the side of the angels when it comes to originalism in Constitutional law, more often than not.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2020, 07:23:19 pm »
Dershowitz is a liberal sleaze bag friend of Jeffrey Epstein.

Epstein, OJ, Weinstein...if you're an evil scumsucker, and guilty as hell, Dershowitz is a perfect lawyer for you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2020, 07:29:47 pm »
No.   Not really.   I would have said that Trump tries and seeks to hire only the best.   Which is true.
---------------------
Hmm..........such as Manafort, Tillerson, Scaramucci, McMaster, Spicer, Price, Sessions, Giuliani,
Amarosa, to name a mere handful.
My oh my, he sure has the touch, don't he???

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2020, 07:40:47 pm »
Sure he is. I readily admit his liberalism. I don't know about his supposed ties to Epstein. But I DO know that he falls on the side of the angels when it comes to originalism in Constitutional law, more often than not.

Your probably right about Constitutional law.  I wouldn't trust a liberal as far as I could throw them.  I find the guy about as sleazy as it comes.  He has already cashed in on Trump writing books.  He is going to cash in on this impeachment also.  Book in the works I am sure.  Wouldn't it be ironic if he was the Dems Ace in the hole?

Oh, sorry.  The books have already been written.  They are about the impeachment.

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Against-Impeaching-Trump/dp/151074228X
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:47:50 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2020, 07:41:57 pm »
Wouldn't it be ironic if he was the Dems Ace in the hole?

Not as much as if he is Tumps.

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2020, 10:06:46 pm »
I'm wondering why Trump needs to beef up his defense team.  The fix is in and he's going to be acquitted.

Do you disagree with an acquittal @Applewood

Offline Applewood

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2020, 12:02:18 am »
Do you disagree with an acquittal @Applewood

Honestly, @Right_in_Virginia I really don't care.  As far as I'm concerned, this impeachment is theater.   All scripted like reality tv..  Designed for everyone concerned to  hopefully benefit politically by appealing to their bases.   The Democrats can tell their voters that they are making a major effort to get rid of that bad orange guy in the White House.  Trump and the Republicans can fire up their base by pretending to defend against the "coup," the "witch hunt," that evil "Deep State" that's trying to destroy the Republic.  Or something. 

As scripted, Trump will be victorious.  He can go around the country telling his fans he vanquished the enemy.  The Democrats won't exactly be losers either.  They can tell their voters that they tried their best, but they were stymied by the Republican majority in the senate.  This will be a good selling point because then the Democrats can say to the voters -- what we need is a Democrat majority n the senate.  So vote Democrat and when we take over both houses of congress, we can try again.  This time we will be victorious!

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 12:06:45 am »
Honestly, @Right_in_Virginia I really don't care.  As far as I'm concerned, this impeachment is theater.   All scripted like reality tv..  Designed for everyone concerned to  hopefully benefit politically by appealing to their bases.   The Democrats can tell their voters that they are making a major effort to get rid of that bad orange guy in the White House.  Trump and the Republicans can fire up their base by pretending to defend against the "coup," the "witch hunt," that evil "Deep State" that's trying to destroy the Republic.  Or something. 

As scripted, Trump will be victorious.  He can go around the country telling his fans he vanquished the enemy.  The Democrats won't exactly be losers either.  They can tell their voters that they tried their best, but they were stymied by the Republican majority in the senate.  This will be a good selling point because then the Democrats can say to the voters -- what we need is a Democrat majority n the senate.  So vote Democrat and when we take over both houses of congress, we can try again.  This time we will be victorious!

*****rollingeyes*****

:amen:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 01:49:11 am »

*****rollingeyes*****

Absolute truth!!!!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2020, 01:51:11 am »

*****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, that's probably right.

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2020, 03:14:55 am »
Honestly, @Right_in_Virginia I really don't care. 

Good to know.  I'll factor this into your posts on impeachment going forward.

Appreciate your candor @Applewood

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2020, 04:54:37 am »
Alan Dershowitz isn't anything close to a constitutional law conservative or originalist.  He's an unabashed supporter of the "living Constitution" idea, supported judicial activism in terms of gay marriage even while acknowledging the Constitution required no such thing, etc.. 

Dershowitz has defended Trump because support for Israel is a hugely important issue for him, and Trump is just much, much better than any of the Democrats on Israel.  So really, he's just an ally of convenience right now.  Which is still better than having an enemy.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2020, 10:00:48 am »
Good to know.  I'll factor this into your posts on impeachment going forward.

Appreciate your candor @Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

In a few hours I will be departing for vacation on a sunny beach.  I do not intend to spend my time in a hotel room watching this farce on tv.  So I doubt you will see posts from me on this subject.  Actually, if you review my posting history, you will see I've said very little about it up to this point.  Much more entertaining watching people have a coronary over Harry and Meghan leaving the royal inner circle.