Author Topic: Australia fires: 'Apocalypse' comes to Kangaroo Island  (Read 367 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Australia fires: 'Apocalypse' comes to Kangaroo Island
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:17:20 pm »
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjon4OhzornAhXCIDQIHTIwDr0Q0PADMAR6BAgEEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fworld-australia-51102658&usg=AOvVaw00R4CSTQJyP_gEjXx9c31M

By Shaimaa Khalil BBC News

Australia fires: 'Apocalypse' comes to Kangaroo Island

Kangaroo Island in South Australia has been likened to a Noah's Ark for its unique ecology. But after fierce bushfires tore through the island this week, there are fears it may never fully recover.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Australia fires: 'Apocalypse' comes to Kangaroo Island
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 12:22:43 pm »
 888cryingkitty
My heart breaks for these critters in Oz.

If anyone knows of a good charity I can donate a few dollars to help, let me know. I’m on a fixed income but I can spare five or ten.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:23:59 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 12:54:56 pm »
888cryingkitty

If anyone knows of a good charity I can donate a few dollars to help, let me know. I’m on a fixed income but I can spare five or ten.

The only charities I donate to now are all local. I don't trust the big national ones anymore.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 03:41:49 pm »
888cryingkitty

@Gefn

Maybe this link will help:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/australia-fires-how-to-help-victims-evacuees-firefighters-animals-wildfires/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 03:25:52 pm »
Two Islamic youths have been arrested and charged for lighting fires in Sydney. They laughed about it at their court appearance.
Teen accused of lighting fire laughs after court appearance
Joanne Vella, Parramatta Advertiser
January 7, 2020 6:44pm

Western Sydney teen Fadi Zraika — one of the two teens accused of lighting a grass fire at a Guildford park while bushfires ravaged NSW — laughed outside court today after appearing on multiple charges.

Police allege Fadi and Abraham Zreika, both 18, set off fireworks that sparked a grass fire at Bright Park, Guildford, on December 22. ... Story at the Daily Telegraph
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 05:43:20 pm »
Two Islamic youths have been arrested and charged for lighting fires in Sydney. They laughed about it at their court appearance.

Wonderful *****rollingeyes*****

The so-called experts keep blaming climate change.  They ignore the idiots who deliberately or through carelessness likely started these fires.