Author Topic: Collins says she's 'likely' to support calling witnesses for impeachment trial  (Read 186 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Collins says she's 'likely' to support calling witnesses for impeachment trial
By Jordain Carney - 01/16/20 06:03 PM EST

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said on Thursday that it's "likely" she will support calling witnesses after the initial phase of the impeachment trial, but she has not yet made a decision on any particular individual.

"While I need to hear the case argued and the questions answered, I tend to believe having additional information would be helpful. It is likely that I would support a motion to call witnesses at that point in the trial just as I did in 1999," Collins said in a statement.

Collins is viewed as a crucial swing vote in the Senate impeachment trial, particularly on the procedural fights over whether or not additional witnesses should be called or documents handed over.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/478694-collins-says-shes-likely-to-support-calling-witnesses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I hope the Republicans call "Where's" Hunter Biden.  I'm dying to go down that rabbit hole.

Offline libertybele

I hope the Republicans call "Where's" Hunter Biden.  I'm dying to go down that rabbit hole.

I hope that they are allowed to. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I hope that they are allowed to.
Who is going to prevent the GOP controlled Senate from running their own trial?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The time to call witnesses was when this debacle was in the House.  It's not supposed to happen in the Senate....and it plays right into the Dems hands.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Who is going to prevent the GOP controlled Senate from running their own trial?

If McConnell reverts to form...he'll give the minority everything they want.

I'm hoping he remembers to pack his spine when he returned from the Christmas recess.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

If McConnell reverts to form...he'll give the minority everything they want.

I'm hoping he remembers to pack his spine when he returned from the Christmas recess.
I hope he brings his spine too.