Author Topic: FBI Arrests 3 Members of Extremist Group ‘The Base’ in Maryland  (Read 447 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
FBI Arrests 3 Members of Extremist Group ‘The Base’ in Maryland
Reports say they were planning to travel to Virginia for pro-gun rally
By Jack Phillips  January 16, 2020

The FBI announced it arrested three alleged members of an extremist group in Maryland—about a day after Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam declared a state of emergency at the state capitol amid alleged threats during a rally at the capitol next week.

According to a statement from the Department of Justice, the FBI arrested Brian Mark Lemley of Maryland, William Garfield Bilbrough of Maryland, and Canadian national Patrik Jordan Mathews and charged them with the interstate commerce of weapons and, in the case of Lemley and Bilbrough, transporting illegal aliens.

The three were part of a group called “The Base,” which the FBI described as a “racially motivated violent extremist group.”

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/3-neo-nazis-are-arrested-in-maryland-1-day-after-virginia-gov-declares-state-of-emergency_3206490.html

More reading:  https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-01-16/fbi-arrests-3-white-supremacists-ahead-of-pro-gun-rally

The Canadian,  Patrik Jordan Mathews was not in this country legally, so, I gather, that's why they also busted the two Americans for "transporting illegal aliens", I think Mathews is the one who got in trouble with the Canadian army for allegedly, being involved in white nationalist stuff up in Canada and fled across the border.

I guess, the article doesn't directly say it. I almost wonder if these 3 were going to stir up some trouble at the gun rally.

Offline mountaineer

I guess, the article doesn't directly say it. I almost wonder if these 3 were going to stir up some trouble at the gun rally.
That's the implication I'm seeing elsewhere, though I don't know whether there's evidence of it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Evidence or not, that is how the media will spin it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

Paying no attention to the one guy's status as an illegal immigrant. WALL!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeah, but what does it say about Virginia that shit-stirrers have to be imported? At least one of the dudes is deportable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, but what does it say about Virginia that shit-stirrers have to be imported? At least one of the dudes is deportable.
Sh*t stirrers don't have to be imported.

They will, in their quest for attention, (or to get the attention they are paid to get to change the optics of an event) gravitate toward any high profile event, because that's where the cameras and microphones are.

That the MSM would congregate around the most ridiculous of the opposition (to their Master's agenda) is a given, so they can present those opposed to the totalitarian agenda as wacko extremists, rather than ordinary workaday folks who simply have a strong desire to retain their God given (and Constitutionally protected) Rights.

There are a lot of ordinary folks who don't want their Right to own their means to self defense compromised, who don't want things they have already invested 4 figures in stripped from them without compensation, and who do not want to live under the constant threat of being hauled off and imprisoned for something so minor as an empty magazine. The media will go to great lengths to NOT portray these people as ordinary nor sane, but will do all in their power to make them look like crackpots and maniacs--IOW, a threat to the safety of those who don't know anything about firearms.

Reading comments on websites where hand-wringers were asserting Magpul was handing out ammunition, when they were only giving away (empty) magazines indicates the level of ignorance and misinformation already whirling around the issue.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Sh*t stirrers don't have to be imported.

They will, in their quest for attention, (or to get the attention they are paid to get to change the optics of an event) gravitate toward any high profile event, because that's where the cameras and microphones are.

That the MSM would congregate around the most ridiculous of the opposition (to their Master's agenda) is a given, so they can present those opposed to the totalitarian agenda as wacko extremists, rather than ordinary workaday folks who simply have a strong desire to retain their God given (and Constitutionally protected) Rights.

There are a lot of ordinary folks who don't want their Right to own their means to self defense compromised, who don't want things they have already invested 4 figures in stripped from them without compensation, and who do not want to live under the constant threat of being hauled off and imprisoned for something so minor as an empty magazine. The media will go to great lengths to NOT portray these people as ordinary nor sane, but will do all in their power to make them look like crackpots and maniacs--IOW, a threat to the safety of those who don't know anything about firearms.

Reading comments on websites where hand-wringers were asserting Magpul was handing out ammunition, when they were only giving away (empty) magazines indicates the level of ignorance and misinformation already whirling around the issue.

You got this exactly right. The media is setting the stage.

Online Smokin Joe

You got this exactly right. The media is setting the stage.
They have been doing so for some time, ginning up hatred in various groups on the Left. It will be a miracle if there isn't some sort of false flag or other operation in play during the protests, or some Left wing hate group causing an incident that will be blamed on the gun owners present.

Knowing this, how many will be deterred from even showing up?

This is all part of the media manipulation. If someone so much as jaywalks, there will be headlines about 'gun nuts disrupting traffic', doubtless described as carrying 'AR-47 high powered assault machine guns with thousand round clips' (As seen on Teevee).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
So, they say 7 people in all were arrested this past week connected to the 'The Base', more reading here:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fbi-arrests-the-base-georgia-wisconsin-1.5432006

And so somewhere along the line, the G-men found out about these guys, someone finked on the rest, I'm just not sure who did though, I've read most of the material.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:02:51 pm by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

So, they say 7 people in all were arrested this past week connected to the 'The Base', more reading here:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fbi-arrests-the-base-georgia-wisconsin-1.5432006

And so somewhere along the line, the G-men found out about these guys, someone finked on the rest, I'm just not sure who did though, I've read most of the material.

From the article:

The underground FBI operation began in July 2019 when an undercover agent underwent an online vetting interview for admission into The Base using an encrypted online messaging app, according to the affidavit.

The agent was admitted to the members-only chat room and was soon invited to an in-person meeting with two members of The Base later identified as Lane and Kaderli.

IOW, they were infiltrated. An old saw among gun groups and others is that they guy agitating for illegal behaviour the hardest is likely the undercover infiltrator. Avoid anything that might be considered criminal behaviour, and "conspiracy" to act illegally is a crime in itself.

C S Lewis