Author Topic: Schumer doesn't rule out calling Parnas to testify in impeachment trial  (Read 230 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer doesn't rule out calling Parnas to testify in impeachment trial
By Jordain Carney - 01/16/20 04:02 PM EST

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Thursday that Democrats would not rule out trying to call Lev Parnas, an associate of Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, to testify during the impeachment trial.

"As for Mr. Parnas, it's something we wouldn't rule out, but we want to see all of the—evidently there are four sets of emails coming out and I'd want to wait to see those," Schumer told reporters during a press conference.

Schumer added that he believes documents from Parnas released by House Democrats, as well as an interview on MSNBC on Wednesday, bolsters the argument for the four witnesses Democrats have already asked for.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/478667-schumer-doesnt-rule-out-calling-parnas-to-testify-in-impeachment-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Schumer doesn't rule out calling Parnas to testify in impeachment trial
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:28:28 pm »
The rats are gonna use this trial as the sh*t show of all sh*t shows. I'm expecting to see Stormy Daniels, Michael Cohen and the Incredible Urinating Prostitutes called to the stand as well.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:33:37 pm »
And we have to rely on McConnell to keep this orderly.... geezzz

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:47:42 pm »
What frosts me is that every day the Senate is taken up with this gong show,  is one less day to confirm judges.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:30 pm »
What frosts me is that every day the Senate is taken up with this gong show,  is one less day to confirm judges.
What worries me is that no matter how this shakes out ROmney & Co. are going to vote with schumer so Mitch has to convert at lest 4 dems...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:51 pm »
What worries me is that no matter how this shakes out ROmney & Co. are going to vote with schumer so Mitch has to convert at lest 4 dems...

Correction:  Schumer has to convert a lot of Republicans if he hopes to get to 67 votes to convict.  That is the true bottom line.  We're just arguing over witlesses that won't make any difference right now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 10:42:13 pm »
Schumer hasn't ruled out calling me, Cyber Liberty, either.  I am waiting by the phone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 10:43:10 pm »
Correction:  Schumer has to convert a lot of Republicans if he hopes to get to 67 votes to convict.  That is the true bottom line.  We're just arguing over witlesses that won't make any difference right now.
What is more damaging to the GOP?  Convicting and removing Trump and re-electing President Pence, or 10 Republicans defect but Trump remains in place for November election?  I know there are other possible and perhaps likely outcomes, but I wonder which of these 2 possibilities is more destructive to the GOP brand.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 10:46:42 pm »
What is more damaging to the GOP?  Convicting and removing Trump and re-electing President Pence, or 10 Republicans defect but Trump remains in place for November election?  I know there are other possible and perhaps likely outcomes, but I wonder which of these 2 possibilities is more destructive to the GOP brand.

Put your head back on the pillow and dream some more.   :cool:
I will NOT comply.