Author Topic: Chief Justice Roberts sworn in to preside over Trump Senate impeachment trial  (Read 241 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chief Justice Roberts sworn in to preside over Trump Senate impeachment trial
by Susan Ferrechio
 | January 16, 2020 02:10 PM

Chief Justice John Roberts arrived in the U.S. Senate Thursday afternoon to prepare for his role presiding over the impeachment trial of President Trump.

Sen. Charles Grassley, an Iowa Republican and president pro tempore, conducted the swearing-in of Roberts following a roll call vote to summon lawmakers to the chamber.

Roberts then swore in 99 of the 100 senators who will serve as impeachment jurors. Sen. James Inhofe, an Oklahoma Republican, was absent Thursday.

The trial will begin Tuesday, Jan. 21 with Roberts presiding.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/chief-justice-roberts-sworn-in-to-preside-over-trump-senate-impeachment-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Great! Wonder if he will rewrite the Articles? to make Trump guilty of something/anything?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

Great! Wonder if he will rewrite the Articles? to make Trump guilty of something/anything?

He will be residing over the trial -- I would assume he will be the one to allow what is admissible and what is not?? The GOP/DEMS will all have their teams of lawyers and witness and he's the judge.

I've never thought Roberts residing was going to be a positive in any way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Roberts as a person is a good guy.
He just has too much baggage that Soros and the Left can mess with him.
They can make him do what they want. Roberts is a puppet of blackmail.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senators take oath for impeachment trial
By Jordain Carney - 01/16/20 02:34 PM EST

Members of the senate took an oath on Thursday to uphold "impartial justice" as President Trump's impeachment trial gets underway.

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts administered the oath to senators, who were standing at their desks on the Senate floor with their right hands raised.

"Do you solemnly swear that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald John Trump, president of the United States, now pending, you will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help you god?" Roberts asked senators.

Senators then walked down to the front of the chamber as their names were called to sign the oath book.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/478639-senators-take-oath-for-impeachment-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34